Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-19, 02:02 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
My mat just came! I had to open it right away. It also came with a really nice microfiber sweat towel.

As an added bonus, the box is the most fun toy my cats have had in while.
I hope you like it! I need to put out the box for our cats. All three are asleep now

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-19, 02:03 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Thanks for the info Sherry! Unfortunately I missed the sale but hopefully another sale will come again. I'm going to keep watching.
If I see another sale I will post.

Old 10-19-19, 03:32 PM  
soulflower

I got my mat yesterday and tried it out this morning. I did Michelle Dozois Bodyfit 360 volume 2. It felt a little sticky, but I figured that I felt it because I did the workout barefoot. I doubt I would notice this if I'd been wearing shoes. The workout has some planks/pushups, down dogs and very tiny handstands. I felt a little concerned during this part of the workout (sweaty/damp hands), I didn't have any problems, but I was very careful. If I'm doing a yoga workout, I'm not sure if I'll put a yoga mat on top or not.

I bought the mat basically to protect my carpet and I feel it will deliver on that dimension. I got the 7x5 size and it worked fine. However, if you have a space hog workout, you'll still probably travel off the mat. Also, if I do a yoga workout, I'll turn the mat so that the 7' side is the long side. I'm only 5' tall and realized today that during certain postures, I could travel off the mat, if I'm not careful about starting the move at the top of the mat. (Hope that makes sense.)

Lastly, the mat didn't move during the workout.
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 12:21 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
If I see another sale I will post.
That would be great! Thanks!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 08:21 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Finally used my Gorilla Mat

I have a very limited workout space. It is bare concrete (at this point). As dh took the carpet up from it awhile ago.

I have one room that houses an elliptical, my treadmill and my Peloton on one half of it and the other half is just enough to fit the gorilla mat, all my weights, barbells, steps, etc, etc. So for size? It's perfect.

I have 3x3 puzzle mats laid down and the gorilla mat on top of it. I probably could do another row of puzzle mats, but I only have 3 more and they are on the treadmill when it's not in use so the cats don't ruin the tread. They love to hang out on the tread. I'd rather they "hang out" on puzzle mats on the treadmill then the tread itself. . .

Soooooooo. I used the gorilla mat yesterday and have set up my work space. It's perfect. There is no slippage. None whatsoever. Granted, I only did a weight work out, but it feels solid beneath. I am very satisfied with this purchase. I will try it for kickboxing and step in the future (and if I remember) check back.

But? Worth every penny I paid for it.
Great investment for me.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 08:25 AM  
sherry7899

Cleda, I was just wondering this morning if you had tried it out, and here was your post

I just used it for a dance workout, and it stayed in place. I am thrilled with that. Years ago I had puzzle mats in our finished basement, and they slid ALL over the place. It drove me crazy.

I am glad it worked well for weights. I hope it works well for cardio also.

I have to keep our cats out of the spare bedroom where I have my treadmill and other cardio mat. They would ruin both!

Sherry

Tags
gorilla mat