Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-12-19, 01:49 PM  
soulflower

Zraipel,
Thanks for the info on Deanne Love. I looked her up. When I get home, I’m going to take my weighted hoop out of the garage. I’m going to try one of her videos tomorrow!
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 02:11 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulflower View Post
Zraipel,
Thanks for the info on Deanne Love. I looked her up. When I get home, I’m going to take my weighted hoop out of the garage. I’m going to try one of her videos tomorrow!
Adding my thanks for the recommendation!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 02:31 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Based on the list I came up with I have some serious DVD cleaning out to do:

9’ x 6’ extra-thick Gorilla Mat
Bellicon rebounder
Set of small weights (2 lb – 10 lb)
Gliders
Stability ball
Club Step with risers
Peloton bicycle (dreaming of this, don't have one yet)

Fitness Fusion/Dream Body workouts (all of them)
Tonique workouts (all of them)
Michelle Dozois (Peak 10 and 360 series)
Body by Simone (all of them)
Barlates Body Blitz (Energy Flow, Endurance, Slide and Glide, Stamina 50 series, Mix and Match – probably more I can’t think of right now)
Jari Love 1000 series

Eccentrics TV
Les Mille on Demand
Body by Simone TV
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 03:23 PM  
Venus

Great question! It's fun to read everyone's responses. I don't have an answer. I'd want it all, but I think I could make do with much less, too.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 01:18 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Haha, yes. I'm so bad about finding stuff I "need" when I hadn't even heard of it 5 minutes before!
Exactly!!
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 01:56 PM  
wendug

I missed this thread first time through and have enjoyed your responses. I would need to think about this a bit before responding. However, the first thing that comes to mind is my dumbbells. But would I go with pairs for each weight or go with something like adjustable select tech weights? I noticed no one mentioned adjustable dumbbells. Have any of you had adjustable dumbbells and do you like them? Yes, they are expensive but would take up much less space in my living room!
Old 11-19-19, 03:27 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Have any of you had adjustable dumbbells and do you like them?
My husband has adjustable dumbbells and I don't like them because they are long, cumbersome and feel awkward for me to use. I prefer to have my different pairs of dumbbells in assorted sizes.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 03:34 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
My husband has adjustable dumbbells and I don't like them because they are long, cumbersome and feel awkward for me to use. I prefer to have my different pairs of dumbbells in assorted sizes.
I'm a smallish person (5'1"), and the adjustable dumbbells always look hopelessly awkward to me.

I can't remember whether I've already replied to this thread but in regard to dumbbells, I think I'd want 3's through 15's to start with. But I do use my 20s and 25s ... I bet I haven't replied to this thread 'cause it's too hard. I like my ridiculous amount of fitness stuff.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 04:34 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
This is what I was wondering- if they felt awkward so thank you for replying! Good thing I already have dumbbell pairs from 2 - 30 pounds. If something were to happen to them I guess I would repurchase dumbbell pairs again rather than an adjustable set.
Old 11-19-19, 04:43 PM  
CrazyNanny
VF Supporter

I have adjustable dumbbells. I thought they would save space and they do but I agree they are awkward. They make overhead tricep presses and a few other exercises very difficult and changing them mid workout is time-consuming. I know dumbbells can take up a lot of room but I ended up with all different dumbbells anyway. So my two cents is don't get adjustable dumbbells.

Tags
5 day fit yoga, adjustable dumbbells, denise beatty, must have equipment, must have workouts