Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-19, 06:19 AM  
Rhonda

Flow Lift Fitness

Anyone ever hear of

https://flowliftfitness.com/

I signed up and trying the 30 day free trial. going to try a class tomorrow.

Looks interesting and you go at your own pace. Camera's I think could do a bit better as the one I quickly watched had it on the instructors butt a bit too long but if the class is good I suppose I would be working out too hard to really sit and watch it.

Figure 30 day free trial is great to really try thing out. One of the longer free trials I have seen
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 10:41 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

yes, lots of back moves but like you said,, I think you'll be too into the class to see if they are still on the Butt shot.

it looks amazing. Great to see new moves that make sense and not 20 of each.

I don't like the idea of supposing to move for 45 with no breaks.

Very nice

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 03:17 PM  
soulflower

Wow - this looks both fun and effective! I’ve never been tempted to try streaming, but this could make me change my mind.

Rhonda,
Please let us know what you think!
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 03:46 PM  
pricek

Looks very interesting. Some of the moves remind me of Tracy Anderson.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 06:52 AM  
Rhonda

I did the 8/19 workout this morning. It went by quickly and once she shows you the move you go at your own pace as she moves pretty fast but she is flexible and knows the move.

Every once in a while the camera will move and there are other people going slow like me. I think I will feel this workout, I used 3 lb weights and 2 lb ankle weights. A couple of the moves felt better with one heavier weight so I grabbed my 8 lb weight and held it with both hands.

I will have to do a couple more workouts to see if it is something I can stick with. I like the length, this one was 42-43 minutes. Looks like they run right around 45 minutes give or take.

She stretches you at the end but not enough or at least this one wasn't a lot. You did thread the needle and if you could bind yourself people did that. Then it went to corpse pose. I was hoping for more stretching, but I quickly switched to Peloton and did a 5 minute stretch there.
Old 09-11-19, 08:08 PM  
soulflower

Rhonda,

Thank you for coming back and sharing your thoughts. It’s only been one workout, so I know you’ve got 29 more days to go - with that said, would you recommend FlowLift?

How was the music? Difficulty level? Can you think of anything that’s similar? Yoga w/weights? Barlates? Tonique? Tracy Anderson?

Thanks a ton!
Soulflower
Old 09-12-19, 06:01 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulflower View Post
Rhonda,

Thank you for coming back and sharing your thoughts. It’s only been one workout, so I know you’ve got 29 more days to go - with that said, would you recommend FlowLift?

How was the music? Difficulty level? Can you think of anything that’s similar? Yoga w/weights? Barlates? Tonique? Tracy Anderson?

Thanks a ton!
Soulflower
I don't pay attention to music much since I am working out hard. Unless it is a song I like and can sing along to, so can't say much about the music.

I would say it is intermediate to advanced. You can go at your own pace so that is good. No way I could keep up with the instructor on some of the moves. One move I could. Hard for me to judge the level but that is my best guess.

I haven't done anything similar to this before but I have never done Tracey Anderson, only did one tonique and one Barlates so hard for me to compare to those. I am sure there is something similar I just haven't done it So this is new to me.

Hope this helps. I am hoping to do them three days a week as suggested so I should have a good taste of the workouts when I am done with the free trial but have to decide before that if I want to pay the monthly fee which I don't think is bad but will I do this enough to make the monthly fee worth it.
Old 09-12-19, 07:43 AM  
deineira

Thanks for sharing this site. I have been struggling to find something to add to my kettlebell workouts and this looks like a potential fit. For some reason regular cardio is just so horrible to me right now.
This reminds me of ART mixed with TA, which is cool.. I love ART but the repetition of the flow at the beginning and the planks always make me dislike those workouts, I get so bored with them, and I hate planks.

I signed up for the 30 day trial. Hopefully this will be in my sweet spot. I can see that 3 days of kettlebells and 2-3 days of this could be an amazing combination for my fitness.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 01:38 PM  
soulflower

Rhonda,
Thanks for the follow up. It’s really helpful.

Rhonda and Deineira,
Please keep us posted as to how things go during your trial periods.

The video clip looked real tough and I don’t have ankle weights. But if they are intermediate to advanced, I think I should give it a try sooner vs later. (I’m pretty open comfortable moderating to a level appropriate for me.). I think I’ll continue with my Barlates Endurance workouts for another week or two and then try the trial.

Soulflower
Old 09-12-19, 02:53 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Only going by the clip -- I haven't tried it -- but it immediately made me think of Dream Body.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flowlift fitness