Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-14, 07:40 AM  
deesharee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Cory Everson. I am not sure I have her name correct but she had some great workouts.
Absolutely. Her arms and shoulder workout was killer.
Old 03-22-14, 11:12 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I really like Linda in Jane Fonda's Step and Stretch workout, good cueing, not over the top, too bad she doesn't make videos anymore.
I really liked her Step and Slide video. I kept doing it even after my slide broke and I had to do squats and lunges instead.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 02:13 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Because of this thread, I did the step portion of Franny Benedetto's Cardio Parties today. I love that the intensity level of this workout is high almost from start to finish, but without any power or blast moves - just a steady-state workout with virtually no dread factor. I really didn't feel how hard I was working and the time flew by.

I wish older CIA workouts would be re-released on DVD. I'm sure there would be a market for them.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 02:21 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Michelle View Post
Was Jane Fonda's Complete Workout the one with an Irish jig, that had video of Irish dancers in the background? There were a couple of other segments like that, IIRC. I remember at the time I thought that routine was SO hard.
Yup, I found it on youtube and that one is indeed the one with the weird segments with the black&white movie projection of irish dancers in the background during jig-time. As soon as you mentioned that, I started having flashbacks

I am such a dork. I started working out in the late 90s, early 2000s as a teenager to Kathie Lee's Feel Fit & Fabulous, Jane Fonda's Complete Workout & Favorite Fatburners (I believe Fatburners had some kind of chicken dance or maybe it was turkey), and then moved on to Kathy Smith & Cathe.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 02:34 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I love Linda McHugh, and I've asked, but she's not making workouts anymore. I also love Jay - he and Linda did a workout together that I love, but it's only on VHS.
Thanks to this thread I've begun a search for their Low Impact & Stretch Challenge (but no luck so far).
However I did order both Cher workouts on DVD from the UK. I'm a sucker for fun, cheesy workouts.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 09:37 PM  
vanessakm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thanks to this thread I've begun a search for their Low Impact & Stretch Challenge (but no luck so far).
However I did order both Cher workouts on DVD from the UK. I'm a sucker for fun, cheesy workouts.
Hah! Enjoy your Cher. You guys make me want to pull that videotape and do it again.

Actually, you make me want to pull all my remaining videotapes out and do them again.
vanessakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 03:05 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Your Personal Best on DVD?! That got my attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
My lost but not forgotten workout is Your Personal Best with Karen Voight and Elle MacPherson. I think it was one of the first ones I had that was filmed outside and I loved the scenery. It was one that was copy protected so I couldn't transfer it to DVD. However, I actually did get it transferred to DVD by a nice VFer who also transferred by Tao Bo Lives because I loved those too.

Kim
Good for you Kim. I just pulled out my Your Personal Best (VHS). I have said many times how much I would like to have this one on DVD. The "sports" segment with the basketball moves is one of my favorites of all time. I hope I can become acquainted with the nice VFer you mentioned.

Reminder to self: Fitness, Finances, FICO
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 03:24 PM  
susand

David Essel-Intro to Step Training
Power Stepping I and II by Lynne Brick
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 03:30 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
I just pulled out my Your Personal Best (VHS). I have said many times how much I would like to have this one on DVD. The "sports" segment with the basketball moves is one of my favorites of all time.
Gilda, maybe you can convert your DVD player into a region-free one? That's what I did and then I purchased it on DVD from England (where it's called The Body): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elle-Macpher...e+body+workout

I also bought Claudia Schiffer's Perfectly Fit series on DVD there as well.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 04:12 PM  
sherry7899

I bought Your Personal Best from Amazon Uk. My multi region dvd player died (sigh) but I was able to make a backup copy for my own use and use the backup.

Gilda, if you have a multi region dvd player, I'd be glad to send you my copy. I can't use it, so it's just gathering dust here. Just pm me.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric nies, hit the spot, of steel, oldies but goodies, seasonal disorder, vf hall of fame, vintage workouts