Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-14, 12:41 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Anders Natural Soap

Anders Natural Soap
http://www.andersnaturalsoap.com/index.php

Hello everyone, this is my first post to this discussion!

While at the Farmers Market in Raleigh, North Carolina, in June 2012, I found this wonderful company that specializes in natural / organic products. I now use the facial scrub, toner, moisturizer, lip balm, and lotion -- with plans to add more of the products to my collection.

I am very pleased with the products. Plus, when I go to the Farmer's Market, I look forward to talking to Pat (one of the owners) and the team.

I have even introduced them to my family and they all show a genuine interest in us as customers.

(Off topic a bit: They know me as the "Laundry Lady" because I talk a lot about using their laundry products for my family. So if you stop by, say hello from the "Laundry Lady"!)

Reminder to self: Fitness, Finances, FICO
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 01:33 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
This is how I found most of my channels, on a hunt for the perfect concealer. I have dark circles, due to pollen allergies, and now with age they are worse. Plus, they make your undereye wrinkles look worse.

So far, the most recommended one is the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye. But it's around $23 at Ulta. I was hoping to find something cheaper. I've tried Revlon's Colorstay, Covergirl and Oil of Olay Concealer Balm Stick, and Hard Candy Glamofluage. They're okay, but not a Holy Grail.

Does anyone have a great concealer that they like?
Sherry, I have very dark undereye circles too, and I've also tried many concealers that are just okay. (And like you, I don't want to pay a lot, especially since most of the expensive ones are also just okay!)

There was a Maybelline one I liked a lot, but I think it's been discontinued. I tend to alternate between several different products, or I'll add a little BB cream if I think I need a bit more coverage.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 01:59 PM  
LeanneM

I have a hard time with dark circles, too, and the best one I've found is this CoverBlend one by Exuviance, which you can also get at Ulta:

http://www.amazon.com/CoverBlend-Mul...ords=concealer

I've tried various drugstore brands and also the Amazing Cosmetics one, but the Exuviance once doesn't settle into my fine lines, as long as I use a primer under it. A Sales Associate at Ulta recommended it to me a few years ago, and I just bought my second tube a few months ago. It's pricier than drugstore concealers, but you only need a small amount, so a tube lasts me about two years with daily use.

Hope that helps!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 08:09 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Sherry, I have very dark undereye circles too, and I've also tried many concealers that are just okay. (And like you, I don't want to pay a lot, especially since most of the expensive ones are also just okay!)

There was a Maybelline one I liked a lot, but I think it's been discontinued. I tend to alternate between several different products, or I'll add a little BB cream if I think I need a bit more coverage.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer has received some good reviews. So far, the Revlon Colorstay has worked the best for me, as it doesn't accentuate the wrinkles as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
I have a hard time with dark circles, too, and the best one I've found is this CoverBlend one by Exuviance, which you can also get at Ulta:

http://www.amazon.com/CoverBlend-Mul...ords=concealer

I've tried various drugstore brands and also the Amazing Cosmetics one, but the Exuviance once doesn't settle into my fine lines, as long as I use a primer under it. A Sales Associate at Ulta recommended it to me a few years ago, and I just bought my second tube a few months ago. It's pricier than drugstore concealers, but you only need a small amount, so a tube lasts me about two years with daily use.

Hope that helps!
Thanks! I'll check it out.
Old 02-22-14, 08:52 PM  
samanthaeve

Hi!
I have never posted in this thread, but I sure have been lurking!
Even though I work in the beauty/cosmetic industry, there is something new every day to address every kind of problem.
Here is my contribution:
As far as concealer- If circles are very dark/blue- EVE PEARL SALMON CONCEALER. It comes in a few shades so a good match should be relatively easy to find.

It usually works better than most because the salmon(or orangeish tint) cancels out the blue. I have used it on a ton of clients and it works well Also, apply After foundation. Not before.

Now- anyone have a suggestion for a great face oil? I have been using BobbyBrown Face oil, and I love it.. but its pricey. Anyone have a top for a good organic low cost face oil that moisturizes?
samanthaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 09:03 PM  
suegy3

The new L'Oreal Oleo Therapy hair care line is AMAZING!!! I tried the self heating oil and conditioner. I'm not sure about the oil but the conditioner rocks!!! It made my hair so soft, shiny, and moisturized and it has a nice slip. It makes my dry, frizz prone hair fabulous! I just bought the shampoo and I hope that it's just as good.

CVS has this on sale BOGO for $12. But it ends today.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 11:29 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthaeve View Post
Hi!
I have never posted in this thread, but I sure have been lurking!
Even though I work in the beauty/cosmetic industry, there is something new every day to address every kind of problem.
Here is my contribution:
As far as concealer- If circles are very dark/blue- EVE PEARL SALMON CONCEALER. It comes in a few shades so a good match should be relatively easy to find.

It usually works better than most because the salmon(or orangeish tint) cancels out the blue. I have used it on a ton of clients and it works well Also, apply After foundation. Not before.

Now- anyone have a suggestion for a great face oil? I have been using BobbyBrown Face oil, and I love it.. but its pricey. Anyone have a top for a good organic low cost face oil that moisturizes?
I've used many face oils but my favorite right now is Squalane Oil (vegetable-not shark-derived). Peter Thomas Roth has an Oil-less Oil sample for $10 at sephora.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-14, 12:08 AM  
samanthaeve

will check them out-
thanks!
samanthaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-14, 09:53 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthaeve View Post

Thanks for the Eve Salmon tip! One of my fave web makeup artists (Makeup Geek) uses it.

I've been using John Master Organics Pomegranate Facial Nourishing Oil, and I love it! If you buy it from the JMO website, you also get free shipping.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-14, 09:57 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I didn't get a reply from Paula's Choice, so now I'm trying to figure out what to buy with my refund. Not sure if another serum makes sense...I think I might like to try their 4% weekly resurfacing treatment, but it's out of stock right now, so I'd have to wait until mid-March. Any other ideas? I don't really need a cleanser, and I like the AHA product I'm already using (Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion), so I was looking for some other type of treatment product. I'm 45, with skin that still tends towards oil and occasional breakouts; I don't have much problems with dryness, but of course at my age, anti-aging is a concern.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, cosmetics, makeupalley, paula's choice, shapewear, skin care, spanx