Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-13, 10:19 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Interesting read.

My thoughts:
1) the covers? All ones in which she's wearing Lululemon clothing, they aren't clickable links to a store. She started the post with talk of the covers, so I think it's a reasonable way to decorate the article. I do think she needs an editor to tighten things up, word-wise. (snip)
I agree.

I also agree she was overly verbose in expressing her outrage. However, I think it is typical Jennifer. I've been a Facebook friend of hers for a couple of years, I guess, and she can be very passionate about certain topics. Also, many of her posts (I'd say at least over half of them) have nothing to do with selling her products--although I do get an occasional invitation to take her classes, etc. This is her business, so I expect her to sell stuff on her FB page. However, she does seem pretty sincere and dedicated to some great causes--justice, peace, health, yadiyada.

Donna
Old 11-27-13, 12:29 PM  
mspina

I've never gone into a Lululemon store so have no idea if I like their stuff or not.

But, for those interested in higher end fitness wear at lower end prices, have you checked out The Clymb? It's a deal of the day kind of thing (sort of) - very limited stock but great brands and really great prices. I got my sister some things for bday/xmas at screaming deals (Prana tops at cheaper than Target wear prices). http://www.theclymb.com

You have to sign up for an account (free, just an email address required), and you get frequent emails listing brands they currently have in stock. I've had a friend buy skis from here at an insane discount (he's a former competitive skier, so knows his stuff...).

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 01:14 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Overly wordy but I get her point.

I'd crossed Lululemon off my list when the see-through yoga pants issue came up, and the first excuse from the company was that women were squeezing their too-big selves into too-small sizes. Took a bit longer before they admitted something had gone wrong in manufacturing and there was a fabric problem, not a wearer issue.

I'm happy with Old Navy for less expensive and Athleta for pricier gear. Lululemon doesn't need my business.
Old 11-27-13, 01:19 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Stephen Colbert on Lululemon:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...---chip-wilson
Old 11-27-13, 01:29 PM  
Gams

I LOVE Stephen Colbert.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 02:01 PM  
ellaenchanted

My only question for her is why she became an ambassador for a company she didn't know much about? This stuff about Chip Wilson has been around for many years. He has done/said crazy things since the inception of Lululemon. I think with her (well-deserved) criticism of Lululemon, she should have taken more ownership of her role in not knowing the company she was affiliated with.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 02:26 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Yuck. I have a couple Lulu sweatshirts I bought on Ebay. I'm completely turned off.

I did peruse the Lulu store at the Mall of America and was completely appalled at how snotty and non helpful the salespeople were. I walked out.

I'll stick to Lucy and Target.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 02:32 PM  
cherimac

Thanks for the link, Michelle.
Old 11-27-13, 03:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have a couple of Lulu pieces that I bought on sale, wouldn't ever pay full price. But on principle, I am done buying any of their stuff. I find great yoga wear for a fraction of the price at Winners and Costco.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 03:54 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I find it totally weird that people use the murder of one Lululemon employee by another to critique the CEO or the company as a whole ... Any person who would stab someone 300 times has deep mental issues that their employer cannot be held responsible for.
I don't think that was it, exactly. I got the feeling it was being called out as yet another example where they handled the PR really poorly (the article referred to the response from the company's attorneys). And it *wouldn't* have even been an issue for any other company, if not for all the press that LL's corporate culture had already received.

Tags
chip wilson, jennifer kries, lululemon