Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-30-16, 10:58 PM  
LauraBella

Cool I have a new mini-Trampoline. Now I have questions! DVD recs? Etc.

I did not buy any DVDs today. But I did get a mini-trampoline. It's cute, it's purple, it's all shiny and new.... And clearly it's enabling me to shop for more DVDS!

Sam mentioned that Fitness Favorites had a Tracey Long rebounder dvd (which clearly I must find). Is anyone familiar with that workout, would anyone perhaps know the NAME of that workout. (A title would help the googling.)

I'm also curious about the Tracy Anderson mini-trampoline workouts, but it looks like they are oop? Anyone know anything about those?

Here's the ditzy question: is there any distinction in the terms mini-trampoline and rebounder? Is rebounding just a specialized word for mini-trampoline-ing? Demystify me.

And, now for the wild card questions: What Rebounding/Mini-Trampoline workouts do YOU like?

ETA: Shoes or no shoes? What's the protocol?
Old 01-30-16, 11:07 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Tracie Long Fitprime G-Force
Old 01-30-16, 11:09 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I think yes, its the same, i think "rebounding" is the fitness term.

I never found any DVDs I liked, that s why I sold my rebounder. It seems people like to use them a lot for high impact Cardio though, just modifying a regular DVD. I think that seems to be how I hear there most people using it.
Old 01-30-16, 11:45 PM  
BunnyHop

I just freestyle bounce with my own music or while watching tv. That's the only thing I've done consistently.

Working out with a dvd, I get off tempo with the video every single time.
Old 01-31-16, 01:34 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I like to freestyle bounce too and watch something on Netflix. I have watched a few Netflix series doing 20 - 30 min of freestyle rebounding a day. I don't have any rebounding specific DVDs, but find that Leslie Sansone & Jessica Smith's walking DVDs are very easily adapted to the rebounder. I do them quite often too.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 07:53 AM  
geojill

I freestyle while watching tv, I do higher impact moves from other dvds on it, and I listen to Pandora and jog to various downloads from Virtual Active. I love doing those, jogging through places like Northern Italy, Costa Rica, British Columbia, etc. I find it mentally relaxing.
Old 01-31-16, 09:16 AM  
jackie7

There are a lot of rebounding videos on YouTube. I like the power45 ones. They are in Spanish, but easy enough to follow!
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 09:24 AM  
andtckrtoo

Tracy Anderson's Cardio 2.0 is on YouTube. Tracy uses an Urban Rebounder which is noisy as sin, but has a tighter bounce than a bungee cord one, so I tend to be a 1/2 a bounce behind her. Just know that.

And as someone else pointed out, there are a lot of rebounder workouts on Youtube.

I've been know to do 2 or 3 Insanity warm ups back to back. They are great on the rebounder.
Old 01-31-16, 09:32 AM  
ncl

Tracy Andersons rebounder workout is on youtube (the full thing). I do this one all the time and it is my favorite rebounder workout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTfd4RZYMUU

Here is another 30 minute Tracy rebounder, obviously not done professionally but I do this one sometimes anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtUEr_oy_o4

I wish there were more rebounders like those TAs...my absolute favorites. I have also explored some of these....

http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Rebounde.../dp/B000J20CAM

On the last ones, some of the time you are getting on and off the rebounder which as first I didn't like, but then I did. I have only done one of the Keli Roberts and the Gay Gasper ones and I like those. I did NOT like the Urban Rebounding regular complilations, found them boring.

It looks like if you stream Body by Simone, she has a trampoline workout (or possibly more...hard to tell without making the purchase, so don't know how long it is. I have been interested in this and will bite the bullet eventually and try hers I think.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 11:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Free Bouncing

Hope you enjoy your rebounder (aka mini trampoline!) I love mine.

There are many workouts on You Tube. Just do a search. I don't like the Urban Rebounding ones (just personal preference - at this time - I reserve the right as vidiot to change my mind in the future!) They are way too fast for me. I am out to enjoy exercise any more. Not over stress myself. (and still reap the benefits and get better- which I have.)

If you do a search on YouTube for Rebounder, mini trampoline, Bellicon, you will come up with a plethora of workouts. Find out what is best for your style and where you are in your fitness journey. I do have a tough time with a lot of the you tube videos due to the music or the speed, etc. So keep looking until you find SOMETHING YOU LIKE. It truly makes all the difference in the world. Some days I put on I heart radio (I have a smart tv) and bounce to the James Taylor station (slower beat) and sometimes I get on and do the running motivation station ... (Faster beat.) Kinda like Goldilocks -you have to find what is best for YOU ...

I also have to put a plug in for be360.com. Yes! It's a subscription website, but I can honestly say - these are my absolute FAVORITE rebounding videos, no dread factor, something for every day use, every fitness level, etc. I do believe they have a one month trial subscription. I (literally) use this every day. And have since December. Sometimes 2x a day. It makes me feel good when they reinfoce that the bungee strength, rebounder, size, etc, will make a difference in the bounce and you do not need to be in sync with them. I learned a lot of my moves from there - that I use in free bouncing. AND ... I use the Bounce & Stretch for a cool down, stretch out after almost EVERY single tough cardio workout. It has helped me tremendously to gain back fitness this time around.

I wish you good luck. I hope you find stuff you enjoy. And I hope you find the love of rebounding that I have found! It has rekindle a spark that was buried deep inside me for many years !!

Keep us posted!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mini trampoline, rebounding, tracy anderson