Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-05-13, 12:42 PM  
LauraBella

sleep tricks?

Ive slept BEAUTIFULLY since starting a magnesium supplement three years ago. Wonderfully.

I'm on new allergy mess that are seriously destroying my peaceful beauty rest. (Clariten D.) Ive been told to give it up to a month to level out and be normal again. I'm a week in.

Any suggestions for getting more solid sleep?

Thanks!
Old 05-05-13, 12:49 PM  
Demeris

Magnesium is a miracle worker. I feel for you with the allergies.

Turn off the tv and the computer at least an hour before bed time.

Black out curtains for a completely black-dark room.

No caffeine after noon (this is the heart breaker for me).

No eating four hours before bedtime.

Read until I can't focus on the page, then lights out.

Get my clothes out of the closet and hanging on the hook reserved for the day's outfit before I go to bed.
Have everything for getting out the door in the morning ready to go before I go to bed.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13, 01:27 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBella View Post
Ive slept BEAUTIFULLY since starting a magnesium supplement three years ago. Wonderfully.

I'm on new allergy mess that are seriously destroying my peaceful beauty rest. (Clariten D.) Ive been told to give it up to a month to level out and be normal again. I'm a week in.

Any suggestions for getting more solid sleep?

Thanks!
How interesting. I just took some magnesium last night and woke up this morning feeling like I got a a great night sleep (the first in a long time). I have tablets. How much and which one do you take? I wonder if one is considered better. I know this is probably not allowed so you can pm me if you have time. Thanks
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13, 01:50 PM  
kariev34

I suffer from insomnia. Can you all share how much magnesium you are taking to help with sleeping?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13, 01:52 PM  
LauraBella

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
How interesting. I just took some magnesium last night and woke up this morning feeling like I got a a great night sleep (the first in a long time). I have tablets. How much and which one do you take? I wonder if one is considered better. I know this is probably not allowed so you can pm me if you have time. Thanks

I like the Jarrow brand really well, but have done well with other brands (basic supermarket varieties),too. (Jarrow makes some vegan friendly options, btw.) I think the standard dose for a female is 320 Mg.

Magnesium is crazy awesome. Here is a quick link that might help: http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/...1/20/id/369647

This Dr Oz link says 320 Mg is target. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/daily-dose-magnesium

(I have read elsewhere that PREGNANT women should not take a supplement stronger than 350 Mg.)
Old 05-05-13, 01:55 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBella View Post
I like the Jarrow brand really well, but have done well with other brands (basic supermarket varieties),too. (Jarrow makes some vegan friendly options, btw.) I think the standard dose for a female is 320 Mg.

Magnesium is crazy awesome. Here is a quick link that might help: http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/...1/20/id/369647

This Dr Oz link says 320 Mg is target. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/daily-dose-magnesium

(I have read elsewhere that PREGNANT women should not take a supplement stronger than 350 Mg.)
Thank you! Are you suppose to take it at night before bed?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13, 01:58 PM  
LauraBella

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Thank you! Are you suppose to take it at night before bed?

You should take it with a meal.
Old 05-05-13, 02:00 PM  
LauraBella

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I suffer from insomnia. Can you all share how much magnesium you are taking to help with sleeping?
I take a 250mg magnesium. And there's also a bit in my multivitamin. So I hit that 320 to 350 Mg window.
Old 05-05-13, 05:19 PM  
so emme

Try plain Claritan, without the decongestant. Decongestants can cause insomnia.
so emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13, 06:14 PM  
Elise7

http://www.sleepfoundation.org/artic.../sleep-hygiene

My psych prof posted this during our health psychology chapter. Although not ground-breaking, I found it very helpful.
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sleep