Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-13, 12:55 PM  
Inchworm

Why, oh WHY, is Dreambody set so $$.. I want it soo bad!

This set looks totally up my alley. I love planks, athletic moves, barre ect. and looking at the clips on youtube makes me want these so bad! Is there a way to get these for less than $129? It's too bad she doesn't have an infomercial that offers 5 easy payments.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 12:59 PM  
F1mom

I know. All the raves have made me want this set but when I compare the price to something like Lindsay Brin's Pretty Fierce it makes me pause on hitting the buy button.

I don't know why sets are so pricey. Even Jillian at Target for $99 is a bit stout these days.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 01:00 PM  
LoveVA

Sell them individually

Actually, I wish we could buy individual DVDs as there are only one or two that I actually want out of this set. I do like that Cathe puts out a set and gives you the option to buy all or buy individual DVDs.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 01:01 PM  
LauraBella

I hear you! The $$$ is stopping me too (but maybe that's a really hood thing: I DO own lots of other really good stuff!)

Here's to hoping for sales!
Old 02-04-13, 01:46 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Actually, I wish we could buy individual DVDs as there are only one or two that I actually want out of this set. I do like that Cathe puts out a set and gives you the option to buy all or buy individual DVDs.
Sometimes you can find someone on the board to split the set with you. I've done that a few times

Can't share the love on this particular set. Someone offered to trade it to me last week and I turned it down. I've never been a huge barre fan so that's no surprise but the clips look especially boring and frantic -----and the price seems high. I'm shocked so many folks are drawn to it. Thank goodness for all the choices we have to match our diverse interests!!
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 02:29 PM  
PhyllisG

I was put off by the price also. Mainly because I was not sure if I would really like it. So I got off the bandwagon and got out P57. Now I am happy again. Loving P57. It was the book that really inspired me to do them again. I bought the book on a fluke because it was so cheap and people said the recipes were good. I ended up reading the book and liking it and it inspired me to go back and do the workouts again.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 02:52 PM  
kitty12

Except for the actual barre DVD, I don't think these are barre workouts. I did Fusion Mix yesterday and despite Darby's description that it is a mix of calisthenics, Pilate's, barre, and I think she mentioned yoga, there is really no barre in it. I previewed Tabata & Toning, and again, don't think it is barre at all. I remember her first DVD sometimes also got compared to barre but there was nothing really barre like about it either. I still have the rest of the DVDs to finish in the set, but I think barre is the only one that is really barre-like.

Regarding the clips, the workouts are fast paced, but I think the clips make them look more frantic than they are because of the way they are pieced together. I could imagine not liking the workouts, but not sure I could see them as boring since there is too much variety and you have to follow them closely.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 03:16 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
Except for the actual barre DVD, I don't think these are barre workouts. I did Fusion Mix yesterday and despite Darby's description that it is a mix of calisthenics, Pilate's, barre, and I think she mentioned yoga, there is really no barre in it. I previewed Tabata & Toning, and again, don't think it is barre at all. I remember her first DVD sometimes also got compared to barre but there was nothing really barre like about it either. I still have the rest of the DVDs to finish in the set, but I think barre is the only one that is really barre-like.

Regarding the clips, the workouts are fast paced, but I think the clips make them look more frantic than they are because of the way they are pieced together. I could imagine not liking the workouts, but not sure I could see them as boring since there is too much variety and you have to follow them closely.

You're right -- I actually think of them as barre/fusion workouts but the clips definitely emphasize the fusion part. And boring is strictly a personal call---that initial feeling you get when you first look at the clips or do a preview. If I actually tried it I might feel differently but my first impressions were not that of excitement (dread would be a a better description LOL). That doesn't mean it's not a great program. I have a track record with these type of workouts. I typically like heavy weights, suspension trainers, body weights exercise, martial arts etc though I'm open to being excited about any new program. I just haven't found one like this that convinces me I need to try again Hope springs eternal in the vidiot mind. And I really am glad that there are lots of new programs to peruse either way. I can rejoice in some other vidiot loving it and still get a high
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 04:38 PM  
zippity

Just wait awhile, the price should go down, or maybe if enough people contact them asking to buy individual dvds, then they will sell them separately. Also, several people could contribute to a set; then spit up the dvds.
Old 02-04-13, 04:59 PM  
dnna

I think the price will go down, and you will see some on the trade eventually. Sometimes you can temp trade or it might go on that Fitness program like Netflix
Mostly I am glad I waited, even while I was so wanting some set.
dnna is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body, dreambody