Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-15, 04:09 AM  
IceQueen07

I'm trying to resist, but the more I keep reading, the more I think I am going to cave. I wonder if they are going to do discounts if you purchase 6 months or 1 year worth of streaming.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 08:40 AM  
firmaholic

I am really tempted, but what I didn't see was Body Step. They are not offering it as part of the steaming service. Am I right?
firmaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 12:11 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaholic View Post
I am really tempted, but what I didn't see was Body Step. They are not offering it as part of the steaming service. Am I right?
Not yet. GRIT offers their Plyo workouts which use the step. But that's a very amped up Bodystep.
Old 07-02-15, 12:12 PM  
lesia

I sent a message to LM asking for BodyAttack and BodyStep. They replied that "You are not the only one who asked for these. Stay tuned and watch the space."

Yeah!

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 12:24 PM  
firmaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
I sent a message to LM asking for BodyAttack and BodyStep. They replied that "You are not the only one who asked for these. Stay tuned and watch the space."

Yeah!

Lesia
Sounds encouraging. I feel myself caving!!!
firmaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 01:36 PM  
andtckrtoo

Just wanted to chime in and say I did RPM at my company's gym today. You know a workout is good when there are puddles on the floor (sweat puddles, just FYI). It was 35 minutes all together. Not the most exciting spin workout I've done - I think SSOD has some more fun ones - but it was an energetic, driving workout that flew by. First set was tabata sprints, second was a 5, 10, 15, 30, 30 sprint interval workout (sprint for 5, rest, spring for 10...). There was a climbing interval which was fun. And some others - they all run together after a while. Music is loud and driving and the songs are good. I'm not one to notice music unless it's a spin workout as I like a heavy beat to set the RPM. This one succeeded at that.

I liked it so much, I may even drag out my own spin bike.
Old 07-02-15, 02:42 PM  
Hazel Porter

So GRIT is included in the streaming package? I didn't see it, but maybe was not looking closely enough, or in the right place
Old 07-02-15, 03:03 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Porter View Post
So GRIT is included in the streaming package? I didn't see it, but maybe was not looking closely enough, or in the right place
There are 4 or 5 of EACH type of GRIT - Cardio, Plyo and Strength. So, yes, there are a lot of GRIT workouts.
Old 07-02-15, 03:57 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Christine, I have a lot of LM's RPM workouts, and like you, I really like SSOD workouts better. I'm wondering if the workouts that are complete in 33 plus minutes were made for the streaming service? The RPM instructor workouts clock in at just under an hour.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 04:27 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Christine, I have a lot of LM's RPM workouts, and like you, I really like SSOD workouts better. I'm wondering if the workouts that are complete in 33 plus minutes were made for the streaming service? The RPM instructor workouts clock in at just under an hour.
Now there's a question. The RPM workout I did felt complete. It even had a cool down and a light stretch at the end. However, there are sections, and they could have removed some sections without really making the transition noticeable. The 30 minute format is perfect for the office gym, so I'm find with it, but as I do more of them, I'll watch to see if I notice any section removals. I quit my SSOD membership because I was focusing on other things, and for $20 a month, I feel spin should be your main focus.

Tags
les mills, les mills on demand