Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-19-17, 02:27 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

As for bags, all of CA is like that- you buy bags fro 10 cents each or get a 5 cent rebate for your own. These aren't regular grocery bags no matter the store. The are all thick and reusable like the Aldi's bags. Only bad thing about it, you have to buy bags made especially for dog poop.

Sue, on Trader Joe's, I just don't think they are a bargain anymore. And, never knowing whether favorites will just disappear isn't fun.

We recently got a Sprouts, and how that store has changed in the 6 or so years ago when I used to go to the one in Fort Collins CO. That store was like a farmer's market. The Sprouts near me is just a different version of whole foods, with less tasty already prepared foods. Very expensive, but, I just watched a youtube video on their Vegan products and they have TONs of vegan convenience foods. I'm not vegan, so no idea on the quality of any of it.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 03:47 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I went into our local Aldi's once. Once was enough.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 05:15 PM  
antbuko

I've been having difficulty responding to this thread. Weird server error.
Old 11-19-17, 07:06 PM  
MoFirmer

We have an Aldi here and it is the first place I shop. The produce is always top notch! The prices are good and I can get most everything I need for my healthy meals there with just a few added on things from Wal-Mart.
Old 12-20-17, 06:37 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

The Aldi that was under construction near us just opened, and it's very nice. It's more "Americanized" and doesn't have all the German stuff that the other Aldi we've been going to has, but they have more non-food items like clothing and appliances, and an expanded bakery section including soft pretzels that I like even better than Wegmans! (And they did keep the German chocolate bars )

Quote:
We recently got a Sprouts, and how that store has changed in the 6 or so years ago when I used to go to the one in Fort Collins CO. That store was like a farmer's market. The Sprouts near me is just a different version of whole foods, with less tasty already prepared foods. Very expensive, but, I just watched a youtube video on their Vegan products and they have TONs of vegan convenience foods. I'm not vegan, so no idea on the quality of any of it.
A Sprouts is coming soon near us, it's supposed to be the first one in the region. It does look Whole Foods-ish. Boo.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 10:51 AM  
sherry7899

We finally went yesterday. The produce looked awful but the store was very clean.

We bought:
Veggie burgers
Almond milk
Nuts
Chocolate chips for baking
Yogurt
String cheese(gouda)
Steel cut oats
Salad dressing
Sliced Colby Jack cheese
Mustard
Vanilla- great price!

They had German chocolate and cookies but I skipped those.
I would try there again but there is no way I could do all our shopping there.
It is easy to get to and has a good sized parking lot.
I will have the yogurt for lunch. Hopefully it will be good. I liked the string cheese. It will be a big deal if my dh likes the veggie burgers.

I did not look closely at the bakery section. We love soft pretzels,but there is a Wawa across the street that has excellent ones.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 10:58 AM  
donnamp

Sherry - Wawa pretzels are my downfall .....it looks like our Aldi is coming along - I was near there yesterday and it looks like they are fixing up the front of the store/parking area (the location is a former Office Depot)- I'm hoping it is a good one. I haven't been excited about the produce in any of the Aldi stores I have shopped in - most of what I buy is produce, but I can see using Aldi for some basics.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 11:14 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Aldi has Ben and Jerry's knockoffs under the Belmont brand, and they're great! Banana Bonanza is my favorite.

Thanks for the tip about Wawa pretzels. The Wawas in my immediate area closed some time ago, but there are still some about 10 miles from here. I used to love their Wawa Hoagies and Hot Thighs.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 11:33 AM  
sherry7899

My dh loves wawa 's coffee and our son loves their sandwiches.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 11:47 AM  
donnamp

I pretty much like anything about Wawa!! I'm glad we have them locally now, when I lived in PA they were everywhere, but harder to find in MD.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldi