Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-19-17, 10:21 PM  
JeepGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I’ve had lots of things delivered on Sundays, too. It seems weird.

Amazon contracted with USPS to deliver packages on Sundays.

My boyfriend is a mailman. 📬😂
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 05:26 AM  
Elsie

Hmmm, mine as well is still not shipped yet. I'm Prime, in Canada & ordered on the 15th.
I'm envious of folks who got theirs already!! Ireland? Wow.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 07:58 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliskina View Post
Anybody wants to start the rotation on Nov 20 or Nov 27?
I plan on starting the rotation Nov 27 as we are going out of town for Thanksgiving. do you want to start a checkin?

Let me know and I will join. I am thinking the first day I will do the 1 mile motivation but will probably find something else for foundations. Just from what I have read it doesn't sound like something I want to do.

So far I have tried three workouts - Boogie IT; Cardio Step Jam; Metabolic conditioning. All are very different from her previous workouts and I am finding this set a bit more cardio based and not walking based.

Metabolic Conditioning was a bit tough but I made it through. Boogie IT was good, I thought it would have a bit more boogie in it; cardio step jam was good but I actually like her stride and step better. But once I start the rotation I do plan on using the workouts in WS 3.

The workouts I have done I have found seem to be a bit harder than her previous sets, not dying tough but they are getting me out of breath and the heart rate up.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 09:27 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I would like join a check-in. I too will be out of town for Thanksgiving.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 09:41 AM  
momofcha

I took an unplanned rest day and decided to do "Deep Stretch." it and I definitely need to do this more often. It felt awesome.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 12:17 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I plan on starting the rotation Nov 27 as we are going out of town for Thanksgiving. do you want to start a checkin?
I'll participate in a check-in!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 12:31 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Has anyone else had freezing problems with WS3 Total Body?
I tried the total body workout today and had no freezing problems with it.... I did like the workout, I thought it was pretty good for only half hour. Overall between the 2 workouts I have done so far, I only wish the warm up and cooldown were not a part of the 30 minutes so that the body of the workout was a bit longer. But for 30 minutes only including everything, I thought the total body was pretty good. And I was able to go heavy on the weights because she used a controlled pace.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 01:34 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I tried Total Body again today and it played perfectly - absolutely no glitches! I'll try Upper Body tomorrow. I have no idea why there were glitches yesterday but none today. Same DVD player so that's not the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 01:51 PM  
JustSandra

Quote:
I tried Total Body again today and it played perfectly - absolutely no glitches! I'll try Upper Body tomorrow. I have no idea why there were glitches yesterday but none today. Same DVD player so that's not the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
I played Total Body this morning and had no problems. I then played Upper Body again -- and this time no freezing! So my experience was the same as yours. I just hope whatever issue I had before with Upper Body is resolved. Maybe it was just a tiny piece of grit or something. I am planning to try Upper Body today as my workout, which will use a different DVD. Am keeping my fingers crossed!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 02:38 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
I have a "smart" dvd player that runs through a "smart" tv, meaning (to my minimal knowledge of tech stuff) that they are also part computers. I've had videos freeze on me and never do it again. Sometimes I'll have something freeze or get off sync when I fast-forward or jump around in a dvd. Like with computers, I'm a firm believer in "rebooting" the dvd player and tv. Take the dvd out and make sure it's clean. Shut everything down and start over.

That's my theory anyway. I have no idea if it has any basis in fact.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, walk strong 3