weener
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
My set arrived in today's mail!
Perfect timing.
mine did too!!

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 08:33 PM  
Sara1000

Messe I'm still wondering if the workouts are too mild strength wise - if that turns out to be the case I may add short strength (single muscle group) workouts most days. But I haven't tried the strength workouts yet.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 12:03 AM  
sillygirl

Is there a clock or countdown timer on the screen the entire workouts?
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 06:52 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Is there a clock or countdown timer on the screen the entire workouts?
No, just the last 10 minutes, I think.
Old 09-01-15, 07:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
No, just the last 10 minutes, I think.
I just did HIIT workout and yes, countdown clock is just the last 10 min. I liked the workout. Not too easy and not too hard. Many familiar moves and a few new ones. This workout is just the right intensity for 5 am. I'm glad I got this set.

My fitbit recorded about 3400 steps for HIIT, not bad number of steps to start the day with!
Old 09-01-15, 08:40 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I just did HIIT workout and yes, countdown clock is just the last 10 min. I liked the workout. Not too easy and not too hard. Many familiar moves and a few new ones. This workout is just the right intensity for 5 am. I'm glad I got this set.

My fitbit recorded about 3400 steps for HIIT, not bad number of steps to start the day with!
We were exercising at the same time! I also did this workout this morning. It is a little harder than what I usually do in the morning. I typically do easy stuff in the mornings (p.t., stretching) and save the harder workouts for after work (evenings). However, with this program, I'm flipping my workout schedule: I'm going to do most of Jessica's workouts in the morning and do my easier workouts after work. I'm afraid that if I don't do it that way, I will find excuses for skipping the program workouts. Mornings are more reliable.

Donna
Old 09-01-15, 09:20 AM  
BunnyHop

I did HIIT too, plus the back workout. Whee!
Old 09-01-15, 09:57 AM  
donnamp

hi,

Here are my notes I wrote up for my check in on the HIIT Walk:

Jessica's HIIT Walk - this one was reminiscent of her Low Impact HIIT from her Walk on 21 Day DVD set. The positive - bright setting (same as in her recent walks - this one was filmed inside the ultra white room but you can see greenery from the window and she has some nice flowers in vases around the room), good intensity for me (not too hard, not too easy), easy to follow, count down timer at the last 10 minutes, and you get it done in 30 minutes. After a 5 min warm-up you do 4 rounds of 3 min steady state and 2 min higher intensity. The last 5 min is cool down walk and brief stretch. Jessica's mom Debbie and her friend Beth are the background exercisers. As with Jessica's other walking workouts - Debbie shows lower impact, Beth shows higher and Jessica is in the middle.

The only negative (and this may or may not be a negative depending on your preferences!) is - it is very similar to the Low Impact HIIT walk from her other set, so this one, IMHO is not "necessary" to have unless you want to have something similar to that in your collection. I'm a big Jessica fan and do her workouts very frequently, so I don't mind having a bit of an overlap - but if you are a more casual fan and already have her Low Impact HIIT from her 21 Day set, this one may be optional for you.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 10:07 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by smissy View Post
I jumped the gun and am on Day 5 of her rotation. I did the 40 minute Mega
Burn walk this morning and loved it. I have to agree that that her Five Mile Walk DVD is my least favorite.
I find Jessica's workouts balanced and her chatter doesn't grate me the way Leslie's can at times. I really like Leslie, but IMO, she can be off beat and sometimes talks too long, resulting in doing a particular move for what seems (to me) an eternity. Jessica (again, for me) has the right variety of movement and her encouraging comments and instruction comes at the perfect time. I may not ALWAYS feel this way but I do now.
I really like the white set and there are subtle changes (flowers, vases in different colors) on each DVD that makes it enjoyable.
I'm 59 and I really like how her emphasis is on fitness, balance, and health. I usually follow Jessica, though I never take it up to a jog. I love her youtube channel and will many days supplement with a short workout or stretch (I did her foam roller 15 minute last night).
I so agree, and the bolded sums up how I feel about Jessica. And Jessica vs. Leslie.

I do like Leslie and I think she has some solid workouts. But omg her chatter just borders on inane at times. I actually did her "4 Fast Miles" this morning and it's a good, challenging workout. But her banter with Jimmy, her daughter, Kim---heck just about everybody in that workout -- drives me nuts. I've started muting her workouts and playing my own workouts.

With Jessica, I've never felt the need to do this. She may occasionally chat with the background people, but it's very brief and she gets right back to the workout. Her workouts, overall, are just more professional, polished, and as you said, balanced.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith workouts