Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-15, 10:16 AM  
TinaT

New Jessica Smith Thread for those who've tried them.

Could we post here your experiences with her new release? I feel as though the other thread is about ordering and shipping time lines. Lots of pages to go through to find folks who have done them.

I have ordered but would love to read first impressions from those of you who have viewed or actually done them.

Thanks!
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-15, 10:44 AM  
Sara1000

They are beautifully done and I am very excited about them! I have previewed several and think they are very doable for an older exerciser like me - I may not always follow her mom but I can if I need to.

I am going to hold off until Sept. 1 to start the rotation. In the meantime I got out her 5 Fat Burning Miles and did the one for posture. I had forgotten I even had these so they are new to me also! I combined that mile with a walk outside and the bonus knee workout that is on the same DVD.

The rotation looks pretty balanced - I will be interested to see what others think about this. I may add some short strength segments on the toning days, which is about every other day.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-15, 10:54 AM  
TinaT

I purchased her other dvds this spring and never opened them. Traded most, now I wished I hadn't. I placed my order for her newest release and have the 5 mile one as well. I want to start on the 1st as well.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the latest. I need to get motivated again.

On a side note: I notice JS site and Amazon are not offering the 5 mile dvd. Can't find it at either site.
Old 08-29-15, 11:04 AM  
Sara1000

I think I have all her DVDs except the Walking for Weight Loss set, which I traded. It seemed too basic but now I wish I still had it. I think Jessica's DVDs have improved since that one came out, with the newest being a step above and beyond. The production quality is great but the main thing is her personality has really blossomed (not that she hasn't always been adorable). She is so professional and polished in the new workouts.

P.S. I think Mary still has the 5 Mile DVD.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-15, 11:07 AM  
TinaT

I do have the 5 mile, just noticed it's not available at the other sites mentioned. I kind of regret getting rid of 21 day and 15 minute. Maybe in time I'll get them back.

How much weight work does she incorporate with the walks? I love added weights. Makes it into a four-limbed workout of sorts.
Old 08-29-15, 11:18 AM  
cpcathy

How much of a difference is there between these and 21 Day and 15 minute? I gave up on buying new Leslies because they were all the same.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-15, 11:30 AM  
TinaT

That was my next question as well. I haven't bought Leslie in years due to same stuff.
Old 08-29-15, 01:09 PM  
cherimac

I have previewed two of the new ones and they are different enough that I am pleased. The Pyramid has quite a bit of kickboxing type moves, which I love.

The Barefoot Fusion walk from her her very first Walk On DVD is my all-time favorite.
Old 08-29-15, 01:31 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I have previewed two of the new ones and they are different enough that I am pleased. The Pyramid has quite a bit of kickboxing type moves, which I love.
Rats, now I HAVE to get it. Money's tight, so it will have to wait unfortunately.
Old 08-29-15, 01:37 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I haven't tried it yet, but there is a very thorough review on Amazon by a reviewer named Janessa Butterfield. She goes into a lot of detail about each workout and lists pros and cons at the end.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith workouts