Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-15, 07:36 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
OK, after obsessively following this thread I emailed Mary and asked if Edge Booty 2 will be included in the Sept. 4th sale. Unfortunately it won't because it's too new, but I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet anyway. I haven't bought a DVD workout system like this since last year's Ripped With Hiit so I decided to just go for it. I have bought paper programs, but this looks so awesome I couldn't resist. I love working my glutes and from what I can tell from the clips, I'm going to love Ingrid's personality. And Sharaz, I agree 100% ... MUST.POUND.THE.GLUTES!
LOL Hey Linda, we were check-in buddies before right? I now we had 2 Linda's.

There are a couple of Linda's

Come and join us
Old 09-03-15, 12:34 AM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
OK, after obsessively following this thread I emailed Mary and asked if Edge Booty 2 will be included in the Sept. 4th sale. Unfortunately it won't because it's too new
I wonder if Vol 1 will be on sale. I might email her tomorrow

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 12:09 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I wonder if Vol 1 will be on sale. I might email her tomorrow
Ooh. Let us know what you find out (because we can't possibly wait for the sale itself ).

I'm interested in this system (either volume), but I'm happily rotating Beast, Pump, and Power of 10 right now, so I don't have a place for it. But one of these days... and if it were on sale...

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 04:22 PM  
shoegoddess

I just emailed her. I'll post her answer when it comes in

-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
Old 09-03-15, 05:04 PM  
shoegoddess

this is what Mary said.

{There is a sale this weekend, but I'm not able to put either of those on sale yet (I can probably put volume 1 on sale in December if I still have any left, but I won't be restocking that one once I'm out of them
Mary}

So guess what I did? YEP! I ordered EBE1 just now. She has 26 left. So I didn't want to take any chances.

-Me

-Eleanor Roosevelt

-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
Old 09-03-15, 06:22 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
this is what Mary said.

{There is a sale this weekend, but I'm not able to put either of those on sale yet (I can probably put volume 1 on sale in December if I still have any left, but I won't be restocking that one once I'm out of them
Mary}

So guess what I did? YEP! I ordered EBE1 just now. She has 26 left. So I didn't want to take any chances.
Oh wow, I'm surprised she isn't planning on re-stocking that one once she runs out. I wonder why?
Old 09-03-15, 07:37 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
Oh wow, I'm surprised she isn't planning on re-stocking that one once she runs out. I wonder why?
I was wondering the same ... Maybe, because we were saying how pricey it is for the content you get (my guess).

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 08:50 PM  
chapina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellens2 View Post
I thought you guys might like the detailed review by 2 Lazy.

http://2lazy4gym.com/2015/08/19/edge-booty-extreme-2/
I've been reading this thread closely as well as the reviews and have a question about the number of reps. If a set is say, 12 reps, and has an exercise that's either right or left (e.g. curtsey to side lunge, split lung, one arm row), does she alternate sides within the set or do two of the four sets on each side? Or does she do 12 reps each side within the set?

How long is the rest between sets?

(So close to caving!)

-Maria
chapina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 10:50 PM  
smilingwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapina View Post
I've been reading this thread closely as well as the reviews and have a question about the number of reps. If a set is say, 12 reps, and has an exercise that's either right or left (e.g. curtsey to side lunge, split lung, one arm row), does she alternate sides within the set or do two of the four sets on each side? Or does she do 12 reps each side within the set?

(So close to caving!)

-Maria
The 12 reps are performed on each side in every set. It can get pretty grueling by the fourth set of the superset.

The rest between sets within a superset are only a few seconds long. That's part of what makes these workouts so challenging. Between each new grouping of exercises you get a bit more time.
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 10:52 PM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapina View Post

(So close to caving!)

-Maria
12 reps per side with some exercises having a water break and others none

I just did weighted legs which is a superset

It has 4 sets with 2 exercises done back -to- back 4 (sets)times (hope that makes sense)
there is hardly a break during the set once a group is finish the break is a bit longer for water.

This workout is the hardest lower body dvd workout I've done. Still loving it.
I do take longer breaks cause some times my heart rate is cardio level and I need to get a breath before picking up the weights again

Set 1
20 squat kickback (you only do 20 alternate the kickback)/
20 hiptrust (holy crap I just did 80 hiptrust with a #30 lb barbell ) I know why my butt hurts
Set 2
split squat 12 reps right side/ 12 left side followed with 12 deadlifts
Set 3
12 step up/reverse lunge right side/ 12 left side with 12 lying leg curls
Set 4
12 right side curtsy/single leg squat - 12 left side followed with 12 right side cross over step up/ 12 left side
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booty, edge booty extreme, glutes, ingrid romero, muscle building, muscle definition