Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-27-15, 11:20 AM  
antbuko

I buy the episodes from Amazon too. I think you need a cable subscription to watch on amc.com, don't you ?
Old 08-30-15, 09:27 PM  
T2B

Good episode, lots of suspenseful moments. I still want to smack most of the teens. I want to see more of Tobias.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-15, 09:45 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Good episode, lots of suspenseful moments. I still want to smack most of the teens. I want to see more of Tobias.
Argh!

So much that's wrong with this show would be less problematic if people could answer the questions 'where are you?' and 'what's going on?'

FWIW, I also dislike books that avoid the obvious questions and answers. It does create a fake sort of tension, but IMO, there are plenty of stories to be told, so there's no need to resort to this kind of misdirection and evasion.

I agree, we need to see more of Tobias and of Ruben Blades character, whatever his name is.
Old 08-31-15, 09:40 AM  
leigh1673

Although last night's episode was an improvement over the pilot, I am still not really feeling any warm and fuzzies for "Fear the Walking Dead" yet. I'll keep tuning in and hoping it gets better. And yes, so far, Tobias seems to be the only character that has any sense about what they should be doing--like stockpiling food!

(I guess this might be a spoiler?)

And I cannot with the mother. She was just so, so dumb. Like, sure she knows that the dead are coming back to life .... but let's still walk towards the bloody, growling principal in order to "help" him.

And her "oh, we have food at home" comment... *smh* Woman, you are gonna be so regretting that decision soon.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 03:14 PM  
kiwichick

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Although last night's episode was an improvement over the pilot, I am still not really feeling any warm and fuzzies for "Fear the Walking Dead" yet. I'll keep tuning in and hoping it gets better. And yes, so far, Tobias seems to be the only character that has any sense about what they should be doing--like stockpiling food!

(I guess this might be a spoiler?)

And I cannot with the mother. She was just so, so dumb. Like, sure she knows that the dead are coming back to life .... but let's still walk towards the bloody, growling principal in order to "help" him.

And her "oh, we have food at home" comment... *smh* Woman, you are gonna be so regretting that decision soon.

This! And I really couldn't care less about any of the characters - at this stage of their development I'd be quite happy for any of them to be 'got'.
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 07:15 PM  
antbuko

Oh wow, I thought it was a really scary episode, lol!
Old 09-01-15, 06:05 AM  
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Me too! Society just suddenly crumbling like that. Terrifying!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 05:35 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Me three and honestly I can't imagine right now ransacking the school, I would think Tobias was overreacting. I'd probably be analytical or in shock. And he's kick myself later for not getting food and weapons.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 08:02 PM  
muddjeansgal

spoilers

I think the mother still does not grasp the full situation. That's why she asked the principal if he needed a doctor.
As of right now they have not actually seen someone reanimate, just not be dead when wounded multiple times.
Leaving the sick kid, well they don't think he's going to actually die and turn. They think he'll just have his parents tend to him and this flu that "seems" to be making some people extremely violent.
I think I would be like her and have to mull it over in my head a thousand times to make sense of it.

The police know and are not trying to expose truth. That's why they shot the man and created the barrier against the crowd but a riot ensued. And, that's why Nick saw the one cop loading his car with water. They are aware the outbreak is coming.

I love Tobias too, but why leave the food?

I thought it was scary too.

Last edited by muddjeansgal; 09-02-15 at 08:08 PM. Reason: needed to blab on more
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 09:18 PM  
BunnyHop

I think they left the food because they wanted to get away from the scene of the crime.

The mom washed blood off her clothes and didn't mention the details to her kids, right?

I'm assuming she'd rather not admit what she did.

Since it seems she doesn't yet understand that walkers are dead, and that beating one's head in isn't murder, I'd guess she feels guilty?

Tags
favorite tv shows, fear the walking dead, ftwd, the walking dead, twd