Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-21, 11:34 AM  
Vantreesta

March 2021 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 11:37 AM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's March Goals

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency.

1. In bed by 11:00 PM (EC: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)
2. Stay within calorie allowance on MyFitnessPal
3. Hit at least minimum for protein intake
4. Train Cyric at least 5 days/week
5. Strength training 3 days/week
6. Glute activation 5 days/week
7. Meet weekly minutes goal (10 pts) (EC available: 1 pt per 30 minutes over)

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. Starting AM walk by 10:00

Non-routine household tasks for January: clean bathroom ceiling and window sills/casings worked on these but need to do a better job and finish
for March

Max possible points: ( avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): ( avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

Mar 1-7 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Mar 8-14 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Mar 15-21 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Mar 22-28 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Mar 29-31 pts (out of avg ) ~ %

total for the month: / ~ %

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-23-21, 01:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I got knocked off track when I had my gallbladder surgery in January. Since then, I've been healing and now I'm trying to get back to normal. I'm almost done clearing out my office/craft room. It has taken longer than I expected when I started, but it's getting there.

I've gotten away from exercising, but recently I've been going on walks on days when it's not raining or icing. I figure if I get my walking back then I can start adding on other types of exercise.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 03:58 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's March Goals:

Daily for 1 pt:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. walk, dvd, or youtube.
4. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
5. Declutter
6. Gratitude Journal

Extra credit:
1. additional walk, dvd, or youtube clip. 1 pt

Total Points Available: 186 Goal: 167 pts

Total Week One: 44 pts

Total Week Two: 50 pts

Total Week Three: 44 pts

3/22: 7 pts
3/23: 7 pts
3/24: 7 pts
3/25: 8 pts
3/26: 8 pts
3/27: 7 pts
3/28: 9 pts
3/29: 4 pts
3/30: 4 pts
3/31: 7 pts Overall Total: 206 pts

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 04:02 PM  
MathTeacher

March Goals

Stretch
Pilates, barre and callanetics
Drink Water
Noom

1. Trifecta Pilates and Jessica Valant Sciatica Stretch
2. No exercise. Razorbacks scored 101 points
3. Jessica Valant Pilates
4. Jessica Valant Hips
5. Jessica Valant Pilates

Old 03-01-21, 07:19 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy March! I was up by 6 so it feels like it's gonna be a good day! First on the agenda is getting my spreadsheets updated and printed. I was rather ADD yesterday flitting about, forgetting what I was in the middle of and starting smthg new. I did spend 2 hours with my bike, but it wasn't a workout, it was trying to get my wheel back on, with many texts and pictures sent to my dad and brother. Trying to help someone fix something they can't see was tricky! I finally got it all aligned and back together and on the trainer and then the brakes were hitting the wheel and it would only turn with great effort. That's when I hit my patience and persistence limit and lost it. Hubby looked at it for me and apparently there was a bulge in the tire somehow. The guy at the bike shop had fully aired it up for me but that meant it would no longer fit in btwn the brakes and despite all the text help and YouTube, I could not get the brakes loosened so I finally had to let air out of the tire to fit it into the space. When I aired it back up I guess I did smthg wrong! It seems like it sounds different from before but I will try it out and see if hubby needs to make any other adjustments for me. I was surprised and pleased with myself that I lasted 2 hours and didn't give up until I just couldn't figure it out. I am not known for my patience or frustration tolerance!

Old 03-01-21, 09:17 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Every day these days I am cleaning or decluttering something. I need to get back on track with exercise.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 12:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Laura, it's good that you gave your body time to recuperate after surgery and kept up with your cleaning and decluttering. Too often we push ourselves before our bodies are ready. But you kept yourself busy instead of bingeing on TV and chocolate!

Old 03-01-21, 01:29 PM  
Leonana

I stopped WS3 after four weeks, bailing on doing all eight weeks. I'm doing my own thing this week. I really want to do Jessica's newest coming out soon. Crossing my fingers it won't be too expensive, since I think it's going to be more workouts than her usual rotations.

Vannie, good luck with adding in the kettelbells! I'm glad you figured out the bike snafu.

Katie, I'm glad you found relief for your knee pain. I'm always excited and relieved when something like that works.

Laura, great job on the decluttering. That can be a workout all on its own.
Old 03-01-21, 04:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Mon 3/1 0 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 3) MON
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) MON
28 minutes (from 2.0 mi for 10k trainer wk3 day3/Ambient Osaka Cherry Blossoms walk 1/Zombies Run S3M29 repeat) MON 1st time for Ambient
16 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 1) MON 1st time 16
10 minutes (from Quick Fix Pilates Abs -Stabilization) MON
13 minutes (from Strong Knees stretch)

Didn't get started till noon so I was too hungry to do Fightmaster yoga like I had planned. My hamstring tendons are hurting again today so I kept the kettlebells light and didn't go deep in swings and deadlifts. Before breakfast I got hubby's laundry done and bathrooms cleaned. This really seems to be the best way for me, at least right now, have one big chore done before breakfast and then I don't feel guilty working out or dreading that I still have to clean.