Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-15-16, 10:19 AM  
PhyllisG

Revisiting Cathe

I have not done a Cathe workout in years until I got 3 of the ICE series and fell in love all over again. Then I ordered Flex Train and Lean Legs and Abs. Now I am thinking of Giant Sets from her new series. I am so enjoying these workouts and also Cathe as the instructor. Granted they are not as intense as her others but that is fine with me. I finish these and feel good not limping out of the room nor putting away so much equipment that it is a workout in itself. Glad I took the chance on ordering ICE.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-16, 10:52 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am with you Phyllis, I ordered ICE too and am enjoying revisiting Cathe again. I am tempted to order Flex Train but am going to wait for now, I would be interested in your thoughts on it though.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-16, 10:57 AM  
PhyllisG

I am pleased though that I found some Cathe's that I like again. I was a fan of hers for a long time back in the day but came to dread her workouts after a while. It's nice to use her workouts again and not feel that way. I think I would be content just using ICE for a while. I should do a rotation and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I am keeping away from her cardio, HiIT workouts. I no longer do step and I hate drills. So I am keeping with her Toning workouts...metabolic whatever. She really is good at what she does.
Old 10-15-16, 11:29 AM  
alydinva

If you like Flex Train, you should also look at Super Cuts from the XTrain series. It a similar style workout.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-16, 12:11 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
If you like Flex Train, you should also look at Super Cuts from the XTrain series. It a similar style workout.
I absolutely agree with this. They both give you a great workout without feeling beat up after. They use weights so you can always go lighter if you choose.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-16, 12:39 PM  
bearcatfan

I still reach for Butts and Guts when I want a good leg workout that is fun. I usually shorten it to just the standing portion. Lower Body Blast is also good, skipping the cardio sections.

I can't do a lot of higher-level cardio anymore due to foot problems, so I mostly stick to the weight workouts. I really like the ICE workouts as well. And it sounds like the new workouts will be easy to make into upper/body splits, which is what I tend to do.
Old 10-15-16, 02:55 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
And don't forget all those awesome LIVE workouts. You might want to sign up for a month of her on demand service and try them out.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-16, 09:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I do have the ICE series though I only tried one premix on one of the dvds. I did her RwH series for 2 weeks when it came out and although I really enjoyed the workouts, I was ravenous and outeating any good I was doing with the workouts. I am thinking her ICE series won't have that same effect on me? Any thoughts on that?

Phyllis, I think it was you who mentioned that Cathe's workouts made you bigger than you wanted so you stopped using them awhile back. Do you find the ICE workouts and her other metabolic workouts don't have that effect on you?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-16, 09:39 AM  
PhyllisG

I am definitely not ravenously hungry. You are right about becoming bigger than I would like so I gave up Cathe and went on to TA. I have not been doing Cathes metabolic workouts long enough to gauge their effect. Also I am going lighter and not pushing myself to heavy up. I am also not following Cathes rotations.
Old 10-16-16, 10:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks for the reply, Phyllis. That does make sense. Going lighter and maybe only using her workouts a few times a week would probably work really well.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flex train, ice, ice series