Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-10, 11:05 AM  
DejaDeb

Crap, I clicked on here because I mis-read "Pull Up BRA"
Old 04-23-10, 11:21 AM  
pink_fortitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam522 View Post
We have the original Iron Gym Pull Up Bar that we bought from Bed Bath and Beyond for around $20.
That's the one I have and love!

Melissa
pink_fortitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 10:28 PM  
Melody

Thanks everybody!!!

We are going out of town tomorrow so I will be hitting some sporting good stores and will look for one

(or maybe at a Bed, Bath, & Beyond - NOT where I would expect to find one lol)

I like the Iron Gym one too!

I also like the look of the pull down bar (flo?).... but maybe for another time...
Old 04-24-10, 07:29 AM  
fagiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss6789 View Post
I don't have it but I thought this one looked nice: Assisted Chin-Up Station

I like how this looks. However I had the Iron Gym and the Pefect Pull-up and could never do one pull-up but then I never tried an assisted one. I sold the Iron Gym but still have the PPU. I think for me it's weak upper body strength and extra poundage. Still, is it a doable thing?

Can someone who has never done a pullup actually do one with the assisted band? Anyone here ever do it on the first attempt? If so, I have hope and might consider this station. However, a band may work with the PPU.

I am curious to hear any responses. Thanks

felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 07:38 AM  
Melody

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagiles View Post
Still, is it a doable thing?

Can someone who has never done a pullup actually do one with the assisted band? Anyone here ever do it on the first attempt? If so, I have hope and might consider this station. However, a band may work with the PPU.

felecia
Felecia- watch the video on the first post on this thread- she shows how she started doing pull-ups -how to start building that upper body strength

-I havnt been able to do one in the past either- BUT Im going to be able to do 10 by the end of summer
Old 04-24-10, 07:44 AM  
fagiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
Felecia- watch the video on the first post on this thread- she shows how she started doing pull-ups -how to start building that upper body strength

-I havnt been able to do one in the past either- BUT Im going to be able to do 10 by the end of summer

Thanks Melody. I will do that when I get home. I am at work and unable to view video clips here. Okay, by the end of summer let's compare how we did

Now, I have either keep the PPU or look at other bars.

felecia
Old 04-24-10, 10:02 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagiles View Post

felecia
The Iron Woody Bands I bought came in three different sizes. I can't do a single pullup unassisted, but I had no problem doing them with the maximum and medium size band. I could do about 10 now w/ the medium band and I'll probably try the smallest band soon.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 10:21 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post
I have the Perfect Pullup Bar. Can't remember where I got it but it wasn't expensive. I like the swivel handles that came with it.
I have this one and love it due to the swivel handles and the fact that you can lower the bar! I also have the ab straps but rarely use those.
I also have the Beachbody one. You can do different hand positions on that one, so I like it. P90X+ has a workout where in one segment, you do all positions.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 09:44 AM  
fagiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss6789 View Post
I don't have it but I thought this one looked nice: Assisted Chin-Up Station

Just curious if anyone purchased this bar? I saw it online at Sports Authority but it's just the bar w/no assist. I have only seen it online and the cost along with shipping is the reason why I haven't ordered it.

felecia
Old 05-05-10, 10:07 AM  
msladybug

I'm just starting to work on pull ups. I have the Iron gym one that hooks over the door frame. I'm pretty weak so am a looong way from being able to to one unassisted. But I'm getting use of the Iron gym by useing it with tubing and a superband from Perform Better.

I use the heaviest superband for assisted pullups, and I can actually do the lower part of the pullup multiple times with it. But the band assists less at the top of the motion, so I can't get up all the way. I also sit on the floor and use the tubing looped over the bar and do pull downs, not much resistance at the beginning of the pull, but lots of resistance when the biceps kick in. Between the two, I'm getting enough challenge for the entire range of motion.

BTW, the superband I bought has an icky feel to it...it's like my hands feel dirty from handling it, but I can't see anything. Are the woody bands any different in terms of the feel of them?
msladybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iron woody bands, pull-up bar