Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-21, 01:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
KateTT I've heard of MetaShred but don't have it. Does it compare to any other programs? Should I have FOMO and obsessively track it down?
MetaShred Extreme is somewhat metabolic. I could compare it to Paul Katami's stuff but BJ is more fun. He has a silly sense of humor, sometimes a bit risque, but it's all good. I have several sets from BJ Gaddour/Men's Health and this is my fav.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 01:29 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

So just a few more comments about Katami's 4x4. By the time I got to the Hero phase, I was starting to feel some boredom. But the workouts definitely get more challenging as you go along. I found myself keeping my weights low as you do a LOT of reps in one minute. The pace gets faster too and there are more compound moves by the end. Very good and I do like Paul a lot.
I actually liked Amy Dixon's 2x4 workouts quite well.

Yesterday was MetaShred Extreme MetaPocalypse Upper + Mobility. This starts out with some wicked band work, then moves to weights. Upper body is hit good and there is a tough finisher with all bicep/tricep work. A little like Cathe's 100 rep challenges.
I used several bands and find that I'm already starting heavier than I did last time I did this in 2019.
I have NEVER done the Roller/Mobility/Core workout so did the Moblity one after this and it was quite nice.
I really need to pick up a foam roller.

Yoga yesterday was from Power Yoga - Bryan Just a Sensuous Flow. So nice!

Today I NAILED IT!!! So we've all talked a lot about IMAX3 and how tough it is. I had been avoiding it forever but after doing some of the Hardcore Extreme workouts, I thought I'd tacklet it after all.
Hey! I got almost all of it! And the few moves that I struggled with I started to catch on. I even repeated a couple of rounds. Heehee!!! So fun that I'm going to do it again Thursday while it's still fresh! Not as fun as Party Rockin' Step 2, but a good time, good workout!

I also caved a bought the last 2 LITE workouts that I didn't have. The Band one, Cardio, and Rumble. So I'll add those into my rotation this month.

I am really starting to re-evaluate all my DVDs. I have so many, and many that I will hardly ever do. So I am going to start downsizing again. Plus I'd really like to resubscribe to Cathe Live again.

Anyone looking for something special to add to your collection? Feel free to PM or email me. I bet we can work out a sweet deal. I have a list on the Exchange but have several other workouts I'm ready to part with.

Happy belated birthdays! WELL DONE with your workouts you guys!!! Absolutely amazing!
Dang, now I want to revisit Ingrid's workouts too!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 03-02-21, 06:10 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
MetaShred Extreme is somewhat metabolic. I could compare it to Paul Katami's stuff but BJ is more fun. He has a silly sense of humor, sometimes a bit risque, but it's all good. I have several sets from BJ Gaddour/Men's Health and this is my fav.
KateTT -I love MetaShred Extreme! Did you use the occlusion wraps or the fat grips and/or the ball? I also use the occlusion wraps, grips and balls for other workouts. I think that after STS, I have used this set the most. BJ Gaddour's personality does not bother me at all (I also like Tony H.) but I could see how it could be a hindrance for others. I have all of his programs. I have used Delta Fit and the original MetaShred quite a bit too. I think that BJs workouts are more difficult and less metabolic than Katami's but of course it depends on what weight dumbbells and tension band that one uses. For a while, I subscribed to his streaming service but I did not renew after Dec 2020. I like his DVDs much more that his streaming programs.
I understand what you mean by needing to downsize your collection. I am not getting rid of anything (I may have remorse later) but I am not buying any new DVDs. In several years I could not do all of my workouts even if I worked out every day.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 06:59 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Tuesday, Watulans!

Today I did Travis' 'Eye of the Storm' 90-minute practice. Dang, these longer practices in that 'digital retreat' he has on YouTube are kinda killer! I'm still so sore from Ingrid and thought this would help but geez, I was hurting! I feel better now though. I want to work my way through all of those longer ones, they're yummy!

Bee, your rockin' post made me laugh so hard for some reason!! I think it was the visual I got from your 'cave' description, hah!

KateTT, YAY on Imax 3!!!! I've been doing that one regularly for the last several weeks now and it has become a favorite. I think it would be so fun to meld the hardest blasts from Imax 2 with the hardest ones from Imax 3 and create a new Imax workout. I think. Hah!!!

Horusosiris, I'm ashamed I'm still acquiring DVDs when like you, I know I can't get through them all any time soon, but I have serious FOMO because I spent years not really buying much and getting rid of what I had. What was I thinking???

Hope you all are doing well...special wishes to ChelePA and her daughter for that too! Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 09:02 PM  
Mickey12

I'm terribly behind on my congratulations. Cataddict AMAZING on the barbell weight. OMG, you're crazy fierce!!!

Bee woo hoo to you for tackling Cardio Core Circuit!!! That one is so darn hard! Great job!

Kate good for you for trying and perfecting Imax3!! I didn't doubt you for a second. You're the original fierce one around here.

Today I did an oldie but a goodie, Gin Miller's Simply Interval Short and Sweet. It's 43 minutes of short athletic step cardio segments with intensity blasts at the end of each one. She gives a good amount of rest between the segments which I very much appreciate. This one is really fun and goes by so quickly. I love Gin and she gets silly at the end which always makes me smile. Good stuff.

My Ingrid Romero Edge Booty workouts came. My calendar is completely flexible for when we do one/some together. I would like to start with the first one though, disc one, weighted legs. I can do it on any day that suits the rest of you.

Bee I was also laughing about your description of the workout today. You always keep me smiling.

Kate while I, like Horusosiris have so many workouts that I could not do them all for several years, I am interested in what you might want to get rid of. I will check out your exchange list and possibly PM you.

ChelePA I thought of your family often today and said some prayers.
Old 03-03-21, 10:56 AM  
fanofladyvols

Downsizing?

Guilty about acquiring?

Is this still VF..?!?!

I'm ringing my cowbells dejectedly searching for my fellow VFers....

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 01:39 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

horusosiris: I have several of BJ's dvds too. I get his emails and he does offer some free workouts on YouTube but I just haven't had the time to dive into them. I think he's harder than Paul, at least compared to the 4x4 set. I also get more DOMS with MSX. Yes I am using the occlusion wraps and fat grips so far.

kittybug: I was so happy to get thru Imax3 that I'm going to do it again tomorrow. Great idea about putting together some of the Imaxes! Travis rocks!

Kim: far from perfecting I3, but I did a lot better than I thought.

Linda: Only downsizing because I have so many other workouts I'd rather do. And yet I've just purchased or traded for more.

Good stuff today! Ow my legs and butt! MetaShred Extreme MetaPocalypse Lower. Partially band work, partially weights, some bodyweight. These always get me and I'm currently using some pretty heavy bands but leaving room to grow.
Just about ready to hop onto PowerYoga site for a little BK.

Smile!!!

Old 03-03-21, 02:07 PM  
ChelePA

Just wanted to stop in and tell everyone how much I truly appreciated the love and kindness regarding my daughter’s surgery. Everyone in the house is sleeping. Rough day yesterday. But she’s doing a little better today.

Funny story despite all the stress. My daughter waited to go to the bathroom as we were leaving NYC. As you all know, very difficult to find public restrooms these days with Covid. She was in so much pain and thought she might not make it. All those IV fluids. Finally find a 7-Eleven and they tell us their bathroom is broke. Thank goodness a local told us that Dunkin’ Donuts would allow us to use their bathroom. As I’m waiting for her to come out, she’s telling me she’s locked in the bathroom. We tried multiple different things to get the door open. She was sending me videos of the lock. It would’ve been quite comical if it wasn’t for the situation. My husband finally had to kick the door open.

The first week is going to be the toughest. Until the nasal stents and sutures are removed. Unlimited amounts of ice cream and smoothies are making things a little better. I really appreciate your support. It’s amazing since I’ve never met any of you in person.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 02:24 PM  
ChelePA

So today is my birthday. Every year since it’s release, I always do the Cathe challenge of X 77. I wasn’t sure if I was up for it this morning. After the warm-up, which is a favorite by the way, and the first routine that uses the step, I thought maybe I’ll need to quit early this year. Much to my surprise, I made it to completion. Feeling very accomplished! Of course I had to really drop my weights for the Fat Burning Circuit at the end when doing simultaneous bicep curl and overhead press. Cathe was using 10 pounds whereas I could only lift 6 at that point. Anyone else ever try this premix? I can only handle it once per year. X10 is actually a favorite of mine. Love the music despite different lyrics! Love the variety and flexibility! Love the cardio and weight combos with minimal repetition! I need to use this DVD more in the future.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 02:34 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Wow, ChelePA!!! First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! AND doing X77 after everything you've had going on? Seriously??? Where is FOLV, did she really leave the house, because I think this calls for a huge cowbell celebration with extra bells for a successful surgery for your daughter and the breaking down of the door from your husband! I think YOU deserve ice cream to your heart's content now. Hugs to you!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in