Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-17, 09:23 AM  
Pascal

This morning I tried Fit Tower Legs, Glutes, and Core. I loved it.

The legs and glutes section offered the usual fare from Cathe's other barre leg work. The core section seemed as long as the lower body section of the workout, but, for me, that is the best part of the workout. It offered similar core work to her original Fit Tower DVDs but with some new moves, too. It was tough but not dread-inducing. The workout flew by. I was shocked when the stretch arrived. The stretch segment is fantastic!! I would love it if Cathe made a Stretch Max 2 utilizing the Fit Tower and gliding discs.

For me, this one wasn't killer but is definitely a winner.
Old 06-28-17, 01:20 PM  
upperwside

I tried Boot camp. I really enjoyed it. Loved the cardio moves added in and I really liked the pull ups!! It was a feel good workout. Look forward to trying the other two and doing boot camp again.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 02:04 PM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
There's also a scrambled premix which I haven't looked at, maybe that moves the Back work around.

I'm DVD-only (no streaming or downloads) so I can't create my own premix; I'll end up skipping to the Back chapter after I do Chest, then going back and doing the rest of the workout in order.
I agree with you about Back being last in order. But...Good news! I previewed the scrambled premix and Back is right after Chest bench presses. I'll be doing this premix tomorrow.

LEGS
CHEST (Bench presses only)
BACK
CHEST (pushups)
BICEPS
TRICEPS
SHOULDERS
*Cathe hits Legs again in the 2nd part of the workout, but I don't recall exactly where in the routine.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 02:11 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Stephanie, thanks for the information about breaking it down! Do you feel like there are moves you absolutely need the tower for? The Fluidity bar is adjustable but there is only one bar, and it doesn't go as high. From what I saw in the previews, it did seem like you could do moves without the tower or use other equipment.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 03:40 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiletha444 View Post
I agree with you about Back being last in order. But...Good news! I previewed the scrambled premix and Back is right after Chest bench presses. I'll be doing this premix tomorrow.

LEGS
CHEST (Bench presses only)
BACK
CHEST (pushups)
BICEPS
TRICEPS
SHOULDERS
*Cathe hits Legs again in the 2nd part of the workout, but I don't recall exactly where in the routine.
YAY! That makes it easy!
Old 06-29-17, 08:57 AM  
fitjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Stephanie, thanks for the information about breaking it down! Do you feel like there are moves you absolutely need the tower for? The Fluidity bar is adjustable but there is only one bar, and it doesn't go as high. From what I saw in the previews, it did seem like you could do moves without the tower or use other equipment.
I would like to hear opinions on this, too, please!
Old 06-29-17, 10:02 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
I easily did all three of the workouts without a Fit Tower and did not feel that it took away from the intensity or effectiveness of the exercises. I used my regular pull up bar and did regular pull ups rather than modified pullups. You could use your fluidity bar and do angled pull ups on the fluidity bar rather than the straight pullups or you could use a TRX or bands, (as Cathe demonstrated in STS) or a lat pull down machine. You could use a step or high step for the lying glute raises and for the push ups on the various levels of the Fit Tower Bar. Your Fluidity bar and a high step or step would work for the abs exercises also.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 10:37 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

I also don't feel the need to buy a Fit Tower. I recently purchased an amazing Restoration Hardware desk, and it turns out it has bars in all the right places to allow me to mimic the levels of the FT! The stretches Cathe includes in this series are FANTASTIC. I love her stretch sequences and use them after my runs as well as with the workouts they're part of, but I thought the ones she included for the ICE and S&S series weren't up to her usual standards. For this series, the stretches are once again longer and more thorough.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 11:13 AM  
owltx

Quote:
You are welcome! I agree with pp's - I think you could do the workout without it, it would just be a matter of setting up the various stations before the workout. I would think a high level(fluidity should do it? this would be for pull-ups and then her balance moves, and for moves where she wraps the band around the top of the bar), a medium level (like a chair or high step, maybe) (to set your feet on for certain ab moves and for dips and high angle push ups) and then a lower level (a BOSU or base level-step) (abs, crunches, low angle push ups).
Old 06-29-17, 02:59 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I easily did all three of the workouts without a Fit Tower and did not feel that it took away from the intensity or effectiveness of the exercises. I used my regular pull up bar and did regular pull ups rather than modified pullups. You could use your fluidity bar and do angled pull ups on the fluidity bar rather than the straight pullups or you could use a TRX or bands, (as Cathe demonstrated in STS) or a lat pull down machine. You could use a step or high step for the lying glute raises and for the push ups on the various levels of the Fit Tower Bar. Your Fluidity bar and a high step or step would work for the abs exercises also.
Yay! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b-bounder, bernadette giorgi, cathe, fit tower, fit tower advanced, fit tower reviews, fit tower workouts