Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-16, 05:06 PM  
loulou

Anyone Subscribe to TrainerPass? (FlexPass)

Terri Walsh is one of my favorite instructors. I still have the subscription to her NYC Personal Trainer ART Method and will keep it as long as I can. I do want the change of scenery though and since she took the beginner workouts in Costa Rica from YouTube and added them to TrainerPass/FlexPass, I am thinking of subscribing to the $4.99 monthly pass with the free one month trial.

Along the theme of the other thread about difficult cancellations, has anyone tried this and canceled after the free month or any other time? Are there any issues giving personal information when you sign up? It looks like Terri offers the most variety on the less expensive FlexPass than other instructors. Have you found any other instructor workouts that make it worthwhile or are the best workouts on the individual Trainer Passes?

TIA
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 09:00 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post
Terri Walsh is one of my favorite instructors. I still have the subscription to her NYC Personal Trainer ART Method and will keep it as long as I can. I do want the change of scenery though and since she took the beginner workouts in Costa Rica from YouTube and added them to TrainerPass/FlexPass, I am thinking of subscribing to the $4.99 monthly pass with the free one month trial.

Along the theme of the other thread about difficult cancellations, has anyone tried this and canceled after the free month or any other time? Are there any issues giving personal information when you sign up? It looks like Terri offers the most variety on the less expensive FlexPass than other instructors. Have you found any other instructor workouts that make it worthwhile or are the best workouts on the individual Trainer Passes?

TIA
I did the free month. The flexpass was OK. I didn't feel it was worth the money for my goals. But had no issue canceling. No charges/etc.
Old 06-29-16, 10:35 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post

TIA
I don't think this subscription is really worth it. I also joined to see waht Terri was up to lately, but most of the really desirable stuff is not available for $4.99. You have to upgrade to get her full catalog, which included most of the new workouts (I can't remember if the beginner series was in the 4.99 bundle), and I think that's $18.99 per month just like the Pow How site. The other trainers there have the same set up, where a lot of the really desirable stuff is an extra fee. The $4.99 is really just a teaser rate. The other annoying thing is that each trainer has their own trainer pass which you have to pay for separately, so if you want extra content from others, it's all behind a separate pay wall. I did not find this site to be that appealing at all.

On a positive note, it was super easy to cancel online.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 07:21 PM  
loulou

Thanks for letting me know it’s an easy cancellation. I decided to go for the free month last night and answered some of my own questions. With the exception of Ilaria M, Terri is the only trainer that offers anything as far as full length workouts.

On the FlexPass you have access to Beginner Workouts 1-19. Most are full body, length 20 minutes to 44 minutes with access to the warm-up and Tech Study 1 and 2 as separate videos. Beginner workouts 17, 18 & 19 are upper body, lower body, and ABS, respectively. (26-32 minutes.) There are 6 full length Mat workout videos, where she left off after leaving the NYC Studio (21.3 to 22.4). These go from 36 minutes to 45 minutes and it looks like you also do the warm-up and Tech Study as separate videos.

With the FlexPass you also have access to her 40 minute Detox Stretch 2 and a 10 minute Cool Down video but the beginner workout I did last night (6) had a cool down.

Her TrainerPass is $12.99 but is not as inclusive as PowHow. It does have all of the Master Classes which I purchased a while ago. (They are very advanced!) She continues her Mat Classes to 25.2 but none of the old NYC workouts. On Facebook she posted she is up to 26.4 on Mat classes. I rarely do Facebook so I don’t know if she will add any additional classes to her TrainerPass.

Going to try and get through everything with the free month. It’s a good deal for me right now since I did not have access to anything she filmed in Costa Rica and the scenery is such a pleasant change.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming affordable, terri walsh