Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-16, 09:03 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

The only time I was ever exclusive with one instructor was when I only had ONE exercise video (on VHS ) 11 years ago when I first started exercising, and that was with Lara Hudson (10 Minute Solution Pilates). I stuck with that ONE WORKOUT for about 6 months or so before discovering VF and quickly getting into other workouts! I have been consistent with Firm workouts earlier on, and Tonique or barre later on, but have never stuck to one instructor ever again. Even when I do a rotation I have to mix in other stuff.
Old 06-28-16, 12:13 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
Probably, for me, it was Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 6-Week program back in January and early Feb. Before that (some years ago), I tried to do Karen Voight's Sleek Essentials but got a sinus infection a few weeks in (2 or 3 weeks, maybe) and then never went back to using it exclusively. Also, I tried doing Kathy Smith's Project:You when it first came out, but only did about 7 weeks before (you guessed it!) a sinus infection took over. I actually didn't use Kathy exclusively, though. I subbed some cardio workouts from other instructors because I got really tired of the P:Y cardios.

Donna
So what you are saying is that you are allergic to using just 1 instructor?

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-16, 05:56 PM  
wendy2

I have been using mostly Cathe for probably over 15 years. There have been times when I've not used her for cardio--so, for many years I also used Christi Taylor, Seasun Zeiger, Amy Bento and other complex step. I've also tried to mix up the strength training by using KCM and Tracie Long. I've dabbled in ReFitRev on Youtube, too. There have probably been other short-lived affairs here and there. But in the end I always come back to Cathe.

For the past two years or so, I have probably been pretty exclusive to Cathe. Now that she has such a huge variety of stuff, along with the fabulous Cathe Live and Workout Blender, I never do the same workout twice.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-16, 06:26 PM  
Jewels5

Probably Cathe when I first discovered her. I made it through ten weeks of STS. Before that it was Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (discovered that after my last baby and I think I had that workout memorized!). In the 80s it was Jane Fonda. These days I can't even stick with just one!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-16, 08:01 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjoy View Post
The longest I have stayed with one instructor was 60 days on Beachbody's Hammer and Chisel workout videos. They were so hard but they helped me look great. It is only 60 days long and not too much of a commitment. I hope some of you guys are willing to try it!
https://www.beachbody.com/product/fi...sel-workout.do
Hi Jenny, did you follow the rotation as written? TIA.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 07:47 AM  
imhere2dance

Denise Austin from April 2008 to either July or August 2009, so that was 15 or 16 months. I had no other DVDs but hers at the time.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 08:03 AM  
sherry7899

When I first started exercising, all I had were a few Leslie Sansone vhs. I think I used them for a few months. I didn't really know about other instructors. Then I found VF, and that was the end of only using one instructor

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 08:10 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
When I first started exercising, all I had were a few Leslie Sansone vhs. I think I used them for a few months. I didn't really know about other instructors. Then I found VF, and that was the end of only using one instructor
It really is funny thinking about life before VF, my collection has grown exponentially!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 08:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I never think of her, but I guess it was Charlene Prickett back in the 1980s with her It Figures tv show. I had no other choice at the time and I started getting her videos when she released them. Then I moved on to the Firm and Tae Bo for awhile. Then once I started getting the Collage catalog I started branching out to other instructors and once I joined VF.....
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 10:37 AM  
deineira

I used Cathe workouts and relatively little else for about 20 years. I also had some Kathy Smith workouts, and some Jane Fonda workouts, but it was 95% Cathe for two decades. I only started using other trainers within the last 4 years or so. I also had bouts of working out at the gym, but even then I did Cathe videos once or twice a week.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote