Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-15, 08:59 AM  
suzannaerin

I have all of her DVDs, too. I like the variety offered in the Live library, particularly the low impact, boxing, barre, and kickboxing options. Did the upper body sculpt session today and loved it.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-15, 08:52 PM  
bigtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I have all of her DVDs, too. I like the variety offered in the Live library, particularly the low impact, boxing, barre, and kickboxing options. Did the upper body sculpt session today and loved it.
Are there many low impact cardio options available? Would also love to hear more about the music in these.
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 10:50 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
I did the Low Impact Boxing this morning. I love that one because Al is in it.
Are you referring to Hardstrikes Low Impact Boxing? I did it this morning and had a blast! Before when I did it, I always stopped it at the heavy bag segment to add on another workout (mostly yoga). Today, I stopped it at the heavy bag segment again, but I hopped on my treadmill and did 2 miles of intervals during the heavy bag work. Then I went back to Cathe's workout and finished up with the floor/abs workout. I didn't realize there was so much after the heavy bag work, LOL. That workout was a lot more intense for me (since I don't have a heavy bag) AND...I got my treadmill work in too!

I love how these workouts can be stopped at certain places for adding things in, to get in my yoga more often, or to make it more intense for days I have more energy just by changing it up a little!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 11:03 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
Are there many low impact cardio options available? Would also love to hear more about the music in these.
There are just a couple that have "Low Impact" in the title, but there are a few that have "High/Low" in the title which are a mixture. Then, of course, most of Cathe's weight workouts are considered low impact. Also, the Cycle workouts would be considered low impact. I'm sure some other workouts may be considered lower impact, I just need to do them again to make note of it.

The music, IMO, is typical workout music. I did recognize some tunes as in her workouts, but mostly it's just "there". There are also some sound issues with the music in some classes being too soft but these classes are so much fun, I really don't care much! And there are times, just like in her dvd's, when she says to go off the beat for the exercise.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 12:37 PM  
pixie9

The 'live' aspect of the workouts make them all very 'do-able' for me (even if I modify lol). I find them very motivating and fun. Even for more difficult ones, they have no dread factor for me. I love getting a fresh new workout every week and it's great to see the participants doing their best (which means non-perfect form, modifications, etc). I relate to them more lol. Also, Cathe is non-scripted, which is so fun. I don't focus on production elements at all, as I tend to do with her filmed workouts. I LOVE her DVDs, but I know I'd be content if I only had access to the live workouts.
pixie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-15, 06:52 PM  
pfhanna

How do you know what the next "live" class will be? Are you sent a link or something?

Thanks,
Pam
Old 03-11-15, 07:03 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna View Post
How do you know what the next "live" class will be? Are you sent a link or something?

Thanks,
Pam
Cathe usually posts on Wednesday nights on her forum what the new class will be, along with what equipment you will need. Her announcement for tomorrow's class should be out soon.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 05:02 PM  
pfhanna

For those of you who did Cathe's Live today what did you think?
Old 03-12-15, 06:34 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
I liked the workout and I enjoyed the Ab segments the most. I did some of the higher impact exercises on my rebounder. I really enjoyed the segment at the end where she did all of the Ab exercises
(standing AB exercises) back to back.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 06:59 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
I didn't think I was going to like it when I read the description last night, but I LOVED it! I also really liked the ab sections, as Cathe so rarely does standing abs. I also enjoyed the length, as I prefer to work out in the 45 min range. This might become one of my go-to workouts!
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung