Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-10, 04:55 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia View Post
I love this game as well (so far!). I have to step off my rebounder, to click, though!

Debbie, if you click on the white arrow when you get to it in the stadium, it will turn to red & then you will follow that red arrow outside! Good luck!

Thanks for posting the song unlock, Alta! I am getting sick of the same songs...
Lucia, it's worse. I keep walking around in circles outside the stadium.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 06:59 PM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Lucia, it's worse. I keep walking around in circles outside the stadium.
oh dear

I just did 4 miles...with the sound on so low I could barely hear it. I really don't want to hear all those same songs again! I concentrated on getting record chips - DH was watching Olympic hockey at the same time so I actually listened to the game, too! Hopefully, I can figure out the cheat or have unlocked a decent number of songs for next time. The original song list should be way longer.

Debbie, I hope you can get around more! I reallly do enjoy just jumping on the rebounder with this (I put all the settings on easiest). I worked hard yesterday & really broke quite a sweat; today I took it much easier.

I read somewhere (here?) that an easy way to change to another direction (to go down a different path) where you want to turn a white arrow into a red arrow, is to use the "cross pad" on the wiimote...you can click right, left, or up as soon as you see the upcoming arrows & they will change. This is so much easier than trying to click directly on the arrows (ESPECIALLY ON THE REBOUNDER ).
Old 02-24-10, 07:22 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
I read somewhere (here?) that an easy way to change to another direction (to go down a different path) where you want to turn a white arrow into a red arrow, is to use the "cross pad" on the wiimote...you can click right, left, or up as soon as you see the upcoming arrows & they will change. This is so much easier than trying to click directly on the arrows (ESPECIALLY ON THE REBOUNDER ).
Great tip, Lucia! I just did 3.6 miles; I'll try this next time...

Quote:
Also, I can't change the time on the Magic Clock. I read on Amazon that you could change the time but I can't...I have been trying to click on the clock chips, at least so I will be able to change the time eventually.
The hours of the Magic Clock are broken into 4 pieces (just like the songs) so you have to collect all 4 pieces of each hour before you're able to change the time to that hour. I think someone here said that they forced a time change by changing the time on the Wii itself.

Today, I experimented with moving the camera around which gave me access to a few more game pieces than I was able to grab onto just walking down the sidewalk. Press & hold the B button and move the wii-mote around. Yes, it's a little wonky & I lost a few points because my Mii was just standing there with smoke coming out of her head, but it was worth it to grab a few more song bits... Love this game!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 07:30 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Okay, I tried the unlock...where is the "options" menu?
I couldn't find it either! If anyone figures it out, please post.

(Maybe that is a fake code, but I saw it on several sites.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 07:50 PM  
jacs

I have just read that this will be released in PAL on March 31 as "Walk to the Beat". Can't wait!
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 08:17 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
The hours of the Magic Clock are broken into 4 pieces (just like the songs) so you have to collect all 4 pieces of each hour before you're able to change the time to that hour. I think someone here said that they forced a time change by changing the time on the Wii itself.

Today, I experimented with moving the camera around which gave me access to a few more game pieces than I was able to grab onto just walking down the sidewalk. Press & hold the B button and move the wii-mote around. Yes, it's a little wonky & I lost a few points because my Mii was just standing there with smoke coming out of her head, but it was worth it to grab a few more song bits... Love this game!
Well, that is bad news about the clock ...I have gotten a bunch of pieces, at least. That said, moving the camera around as you recommend was key for me to get certain record and clock pieces! Some are kind of hidden. A lot of clock pieces are around the outside of the stadium. Sometimes pieces are high up or you can only see them if you swing the camera around.

Thanks for all the advice, everyone!!
Old 02-25-10, 11:48 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I couldn't find it either! If anyone figures it out, please post.

(Maybe that is a fake code, but I saw it on several sites.)
I tried several different menus and I can't get it to work, either.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 12:48 PM  
Muria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
I think it was on the Amazon board that someone suggested that Konami come out with WIO for adults with better (older? ) music & maybe a walk around Paris. Sounds like a great idea to me!
That would be really awesome! I would even consider doing something with wii points to get different maps (London, Paris, New York, my daughter would completely spazz for Tokyo). It's probably the only way I'd get to see those places from a pedestrian point of view. Ooh! Walking tour of Europe! It would take a while to hike all over it (and would probably require multiple discs or a bigger hard drive), but that would be really cool!

Wish they would put something like that out for the xbox 360 with a DDR pad. DS has the pad, but doesn't like the 360 DDR ("it's too girly"). I'm fairly sure I could convince him to let me borrow the pad to backpack through Europe. I know there's a program to make xbox 360 games out there somewhere. Of course, I don't have walking footage of Europe either... Hmmm.... Will have to check and see what's possible for it.
Old 02-25-10, 01:25 PM  
TamiT

Wow, this sounds SO cool! I've been out of it for a very long time and my DDR has collected dust, but now that chemo is over I'm thrilled to hear about this program. I had NO idea!

Thanks for sharing. My son has Wii, I'll have him help me figure it all out but all your enthusiastic reviews have me completely excited about moving again. I'm so glad I peeked in at VF today. I think I need to spend a day or two just reading posts and searching for various topics. It's been too long. VF is the best motivational tool for motivating me to get moving!

Tami
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 02:11 PM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Hi Tami - sounds like you've been through a rough time. Welcome back to getting active again . Have fun with the Wii!

Tags
active gaming, walk it out, walking, wii, wii walk it out