Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-10, 12:57 PM  
ardnas

I really enjoy this game, much more than any walking workout. I also have & like We Cheer 1 & 2, and Just Dance. I find I can do at least 2 hours a day without getting bored and rack up 10,000 to 25,000+ steps a day. I have already unlocked 100% of the map, all the suspension bridges, luxury homes, windmills, multiple flower fields, ranches, farms, the shopping district (boutiques, cafes, flower shops, & parking lots), surf shops, beach parasols, some apartment buildings, 3 hotels, the fountain, the entire cherry tree park, the lighthouse, air ship, boardwalk pier, etc. I've gotten several rainbows, but wish when you did it also gave you extra points or secret songs. I wonder how fun it will be once everything is open? I think the things I am lacking are constellations, 8 magical clocks, 40 or so songs, probably 20 apartments, and most of the section around the stadium (stands & trees).
I jog on faster songs. I only use the nunchuck, haven't tried the pad or balance board, since I don't want to be limited to one small area. I found the nunchuck does read jumping jacks, cha-chas, triple steps, side steps, grapevines, and a bunch of other aerobic moves. I have also found that the nunchuck works best in pockets that sit on the top/front of the thigh. It reads way more steps when in that spot. When I wear loose pants with lower pockets, it does not count as many steps.
How accurate do you think this is? I threw away all my pedometers, so I am wondering how accurate the step count is. DH thinks I step more than it counts, but I am never near as tired as when I did wear a pedometer and walked 10,000 steps or go for a walk outdoors. But at times it says I walked 7 miles and it doesn't feel like it?
Old 02-24-10, 01:54 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
I have already unlocked 100% of the map, all the suspension bridges, luxury homes, windmills, multiple flower fields, ranches, farms, the shopping district (boutiques, cafes, flower shops, & parking lots), surf shops, beach parasols, some apartment buildings, 3 hotels, the fountain, the entire cherry tree park, the lighthouse, air ship, boardwalk pier, etc. I've gotten several rainbows, but wish when you did it also gave you extra points or secret songs. I wonder how fun it will be once everything is open?
At the rate you're going, you'll be able to answer that question yourself in about two more days!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 01:58 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
I really How accurate do you think this is? I threw away all my pedometers, so I am wondering how accurate the step count is. DH thinks I step more than it counts, but I am never near as tired as when I did wear a pedometer and walked 10,000 steps or go for a walk outdoors. But at times it says I walked 7 miles and it doesn't feel like it?
I'm not sure how accurate it is. I have noticed that I only get points for about 70% of my steps. So, I'm missing a good deal, sometimes when I'm trying to click on something, sometimes when clicking back to the map, etc. Sometimes the nunchuck just doens't count that well. I used the DDR mat a couple times but it moves too much for me.

If you have step handy, try it for the slower songs. I shut down everything less than 120 bpms and use the step for 120-140. Don't accumulate as many points, but NEED the additional music.

So far, I'm about 25 hours in, miles don't seem right to me, seem too low. I have all the music but a few songs, I think less than 10. All routes, the map, and the clock. 1 constellation and about 1/3 of the town. I'm guessing I have another 25 hours to finish up the place.

Amazon has a message board (scroll down to the bottom of the WIO page). There is a ton of info and hints there.

I can't find the apartment buildings I bought either, LOL.

Once I'm done, I'm going to set it so you only need 1/3 of the points to buy stuff and see if I can do the whole thing in 10-15 hours.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 02:04 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

For anyone on Sparkpeople, there is now a Walk It Out team there.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/g....asp?gid=40675

I "missed" a lot of steps with my nunchuck, too, which is the main reason I switched to the mat. I just pause every couple songs to shift the mat back into place, or do it between songs.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 02:13 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Helen, make sure to download the manual I linked to above. I played the first time without reading any instructions and just clicked on everything and got a sore wrist. After I read the manual, I accumulate steps (chips) and then just click in things I want, like more music.

Our Wiimotes have that extra piece for the Wii Sports Resort game that makes it heavier. I carriy a half pound weight in my other hand to even things out. I also wear my Leslie 2lb weighted belt.

I made most of the settings "easy" because I am lazy and easily frustrated.
Thanks, Alta. I downloaded it today.
Old 02-24-10, 02:17 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I found a "cheat code" to unlock ALL the songs.

"In the Options Menu, hold Z on the nunchuck and press the following directions on the dance pad to unlock all songs: LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, UP."

I have no idea if it works. I don't have a dance pad. I suppose the remote pad would work the same.

ETA: I coudn't find an "Options" menu, so I can't figure out how tot get it to work. Sorry if it is a bum steer!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 02:24 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I'm still walking clueless around the stadium, so it's a tad frustrating for me at this point.

Ardnas, I use a pedometer every day and there's a HUGE difference between the steps that my trainer says I've walked and my pedometer. The steps via my pedometer is much less.

Alta, thank you for the link to unlock all the songs.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 02:48 PM  
lucia
VF Supporter

I love this game as well (so far!). I have to step off my rebounder, to click, though!

Debbie, if you click on the white arrow when you get to it in the stadium, it will turn to red & then you will follow that red arrow outside! Good luck!

Thanks for posting the song unlock, Alta! I am getting sick of the same songs...
Old 02-24-10, 03:29 PM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Can't figure out the cheat :)

Okay, I tried the unlock...where is the "options" menu?

Also, am a little annoyed that my nice good Red OCtane mat does not seem to work with this game...I had to attach the DDR pad. But I still can't figure out the cheat .

Also, I can't change the time on the Magic Clock. I read on Amazon that you could change the time but I can't...I have been trying to click on the clock chips, at least so I will be able to change the time eventually.
Old 02-24-10, 03:58 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

And I thought I was the only one who couldn't find my way back to all the stuff I've unlocked! Makes me feel so much better...

I think it was on the Amazon board that someone suggested that Konami come out with WIO for adults with better (older? ) music & maybe a walk around Paris. Sounds like a great idea to me!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, walk it out, walking, wii, wii walk it out