Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-15-21, 11:10 PM  
Leonana

Saturday was Cardio HIIT. I thought it would use the step, but Jessica used a chair at the end. I like that she is doing a lot of side to side moves, I can add some impact to those moves. I meant to do a stretch yesterday, but just did nothing! Today was Lower Body, and I used the small step and 8 pounds.

I think I will do this week, and try something different next week. I have an echocardiogram this Wednesday, so was a bit nervous about it. Working out with WS3 has relaxed me, mostly because I'm limp, lol.

Everyone, thanks for the support! I did delete my first comment, then made another brief one. I know everyone wants new workouts, but criticizing the moderating of a group went a bit too far for me, since I'm one of the moderators! I guess I'm a people pleaser, but someone told me that you know you are doing your job as a moderator if you're making someone unhappy, lol. Not only are there plenty of free Jessica workouts out there, there are tons of other instructors on you tube also. One thing that wasn't mentioned is that the group allows posting of workouts from other instructors, similar to this check in. You don't have to work out to Jessica to be in the group. Since this delay is unusual for Jessica, I'm sure she's doing the best she can.

Donna, I always thought I was an introvert, but I need to be around people or I get depressed. Maybe I have some extrovert qualities! But I have tried to stay at home more, especially avoiding large groups like church.

Pam, I'm glad you had a nice Valentines Day. Ours was nice too, although we stayed at home.

Liz, I hope the thrift store excursion went well. An hour walk with the dog sounds nice.

wishiwasinhawaii, a virtual trade show with avatars sounds pretty neat. I hope you get more visitors next time.
Old 02-16-21, 09:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My DD and I tried to walk yesterday, but it was pretty grim out there, we didn't get far.

I also added on the Essentircs workout for the kick off of leg week. It was a live workout w/ Gail. It was a nice routine.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Smith - 30 Min Fusion Strength - (You Tube) - this was a tough little workout....and the first day of the Four Weeks of Fusion rotation. I'm not sure if I will follow the rotation or not, but, at least as of today, I'm thinking about it.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 13 - Feel - I picked this series up where I left off. It was an enjoyable practice.

I will try to get up for a walk today. It is back to work after the long weekend, unfortunately.

Sherry - Hang in there, it is tough being a moderator! And, good luck w/ the Dr visit coming up!! I'm sure you will be fine. I think introverts need social interaction, too. I think the fact that I'm busy w/ work and have social interactions through that - such as they are - lol - makes me feel less antsy being at home and away from people. I'm not sure how I would feel if I didn't have that interaction and distraction (work).

Liz - I also sit at my desk for lunch, it is crazy. I am going to try to get up and walk this week though - doing some You Tube walks or something. I think there may be hope for better weather for us next week, at least that is what I saw. We have to make it through this week and the weekend first, though.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii! I need to start taking more days off myself.

Pam - you are doing great w/ your rotation.

I, personally, forgot how much I enjoyed working w/ Jessica. So I have been having fun re-visiting her over these last few days.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 12:48 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
How is it all going? I hope you are not in the path of the cold weather. It seems brutal. I was feeling grateful when I went on my walk tonight with the pup. My neighbor down the street was giving away lemons and a neighbor further down had grapefruits. I'm a regular old 'hunter/gatherer'!!

Tonight I did Boogie IT. I was dreading this one a bit, but it really isn't too bad. And I like that it has a Neil Diamond song come on at the end. (at least I think it was Neil Diamond)

Glad to hear Pam and Sherry had a nice Valentines Day. Ours wasn't very exciting. We splurged on the calories and had pizza.

Sherry - good luck with the Doctor visit. I'm always so glad when those things are over!

Donna, yes let's try to inspire each other to leave our desks. I'm not sure why I feel so tethered to it all the time. Tomorrow afternoon my schedule looks to be empty and ripe for a short workout.

Waves to Pam and wishiwasinhawaii!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Cardio Mat Fusion 2 (You Tube) - it is Day 2 of the Four Weeks of Fusion Rotation - You Tube option. So far so good, made it to day #2! I enjoyed this one, a level up from Ellen's fusion workouts, in that I did get my HR up higher, it was a bit more dynamic/fast paced, but not impossible to keep up.

Blessful Body - Calming Spine Flow - this was a nice yoga-ish/Pilates-ish gentle toning/stretching routine. I have a mixed relationship with this site and instructor. I like the routines for the most part, they are a bit more on the gentle side, but they are not something I think I would reach for often, but when I don't have a membership/access to them, I tend to miss them. I may subscribe for a month, right now I have a $1 deal for 21 days. As for the instructor, I like her, but she does have a quality to her instruction that is reminiscent of a pre-school or kindergarten teacher. Anyway, I enjoyed the routine i did today.

Yesterday for my break I did Sarha Esmonde White's Leg Sculptor workout from the Essentrics toning DVD that came out several years ago.

In my mission to overcome the negativity, I'm going to attempt to do the You Tube version of Four Weeks of Fusion. I figure I can show my Jessica appreciation through watching her vids, I don't totally understand how You Tube compensation works, but I'm guessing watching the videos helps!

Hope everyone has a good day - snow and ice for tomorrow...then cold temps. This has been a LONG month.

Liz - I hope to do a bit of an indoor walk today as a break. I have a long meeting this morning...ugh. And I may have to run out to get milk before the storm..I know, that sounds so cliched, but we are low and I do not want to be snowed in w/out something for my coffee. LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii and Pam - are you due for this next storm?

Waves, Sherry!

Donna
Old 02-17-21, 01:20 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was Goodwill day, we went to three Goodwills. Since we spend about an hour at each one, I think I got in three hours or standing and walking around. Last night I did the Prehab Routine from WS1, that I meant to do on Sunday. I didn't find any good dvds at Goodwill. Either someone is snapping them up, or they aren't getting donated.

Today was Upper Body. I seemed to be stronger, and used my 10 pound weights more often. Since I've discovered I can do leg lift ab work, I only skipped one exercise, the bicycle crunch. I feel worked out and ready for my heart sonogram!

Liz, thanks! I am so glad when medical tests are over also. I get the results next Wednesday, so one more week!

Donna, that's cool you want to work out to Jessica's videos and support her. I guess I supported her when I bought WS3 on dvd, after already having it on digital, lol.

Waves to Pam and wishiwasinhawaii!
Old 02-17-21, 02:16 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 15 (Total Focus!)

Hi Ladies,

I skipped yesterday's ARD, as I had a Mammogram and didn't want to workout first.

Picked up today with Jessica's Total Body workout, and did pretty well with it! I will say with WS2 rotation it doesn't feel like enough cardio or stretch to me, but it is a decent rotation and I'm glad to be doing it again! I sometimes want a bit more but don't always have the time.

Have a good day!

Just tried to post a lengthy post to the GD and my message timed out and didn't save. Hate when this happens.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 11:31 PM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today was Tone and Flow. I like this one. It shows up in the rotation quite often, so I'm glad it is a good one.

I didn't have time to do any stretching or dancing mid day but I started the day with a bunch of yoga moves. One step in the right direction.

I'm going to keep it short tonight since I need some sleep.

Hope you are all well and prepared for the upcoming storms!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 07:43 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Got up early today to prep for the storm. It was supposed to snow overnight, but it didn't start until about a half hour ago. It seems like we're going to get 5-8". I'm ready for winter to be over...

Since I was up, I did Brain Fitness Fun. Yesterday I did the beginner workout for the Total Gym and that was fun. I'm finally finishing up WS1 and the last two workouts are Prehab Routine and Cardio Party, so I'm going to do the TG workout again tomorrow and maybe do the Prehab Routine at night, if I have time and then finish up Cardio Party the next day. After that, I plan to do two weeks of the TG workout 3 days per week with walking workouts on the alternate days. Then I will start WS2.

Gotta run to get ready for a meeting I have this morning. Waves!
Old 02-18-21, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did one of Jessica's 1 Mile Walk & Talks in the afternoon - it was about comparing yourself to others (basically, don't!).

Today was:

Jessica - Stride & Strength II - this is one of her older You Tube workouts so the production value was not great, it was a little dark and grainy. But, not a bad workout - walking w/ toning using a resistance band.

Then, I did a medley of Jessica Valent:

- 10 Min Pilates for Abs
- 10 Min Pilates for Arms
- 10 Min Pilates for Legs

I have come to the conclusion that I will not renew Blessful Body once my trial period ends, I like it well enough, but not enough to justify $20 per month. Trifecta Pilates is starting a new challenge on Monday and she may open up her membership again. I had a membership with her last year, but may consider re-subscribing for a bit - I always said I think working w/ her would help me improve my Pilates! Robin Long/The Balanced Life is also having a challenge starting March 1st and i bet she opens up her membership after that too. The nice thing w/ Robin is you can download and keep her workouts. Beth/Trifecta has quite a bit available on You Tube.

wishiwasinhawaii - snowing here - after freezing rain and sleet.

liz - nice workouts!!

Pam - hope the mammogram was uneventful.

Sherry - I think you did double duty supporting Jessica w/ your WS 3.0 purchase, LOL! I am enjoying this rotation so far.

Waves everyone....

Donna
Old 02-18-21, 01:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 16 (Step and Stride!)

Hi Ladies,

Just when I complain about not enough cardio, today was a cardio day! It felt so good to do on my Fanny Lifter this time around. No more dangerous inflated equipment today!

I also added to this Rosalie's TG Fountain of Youth workout! This was so good and only 20 minutes. Hits shoulders, chest, back abs, arms. She does this swimmers move (breast stroke) with cables and I couldn't complete all the sets! Lots of rows (which I love) and it's nice to be able to do chin-ups, pull ups, and shoulder presses with the attachment at either end of the machine using body weight.

So, the QVC deal this past Sunday ended up being the Elite machine for $299 and free shipping. It included the Pilates toe bar, leg pulley system with extension rope (so you can work both legs at same time) the ab attachment and four DVDs. A good deal. The tower only goes to 8 levels, but that's not a big deal breaker. And, there were exercise cards, as well. I think this machine retails for $600 with no attachments and you have to pay shipping.

It's been snowing here for over an hour now. It's supposed to continue tomorrow until the late afternoon or evening. Six to Eight inches is predicted. Yeah, I'm so done with this kind of weather.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy