Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-21, 06:26 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict... so glad all is good
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:23 AM  
ChelePA

So I decided to conquer Caroline's Hiit routine today. It's around 30 minutes.

From her channel:
The timer will be on for 20 seconds, straight into 20 seconds another exercise before 20 seconds rest! We will perform each superset two times!

All you will need is a mat and a bottle of water handy! Maybe open the windows too!

SQUAT JUMPS
SQUATS
LATERAL LUNGE JUMPS (switch each superset)
STATIC LUNGE JUMPS (same leg)
1/2 BURPEE
CHEST TO FLOOR BURPEE
PUSH UPS
SHOULDER TAPS
FWD & BK SQUAT HOPS
LATERAL SQUAT HOPS
CROUCH ON TOES TO JUMP
SQUAT TO ALT FOOT KICK
FLAT FOOT SWITCH
MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
PIKE PUSH UPS
CROUCH TO LEAN PUSH UP
HOT FEET
HOT HANDS
MARCHES
HIGH KNEES
PLANK LADDER
TRICEP PUSH UPS
ROLLING BURPEE
ROLL TO PUSH UP
HOLLOW TO V SIT
ARMS AT HEAD SIT UP
ALTERNATING LUNGES BURPEE
ALTERNATING LUNGE JUMPS

She recommended a Cardio/Hiit warm-up. It was around 9 minutes. It felt a little more intense than a regular warm-up. She started off with jumping jacks and ended with rolling burpees. I was sweating in the first 5 minutes. Haha. This hiit routine was a total body workout. I liked the variety. It was tough especially if you go as deep as she does with each move. Also, the music has been very good so far for every routine I have chosen, which is definitely a plus and the reason I return. Only negative for me is that I miss hearing the instructor but this seems the new way of teaching on YouTube...oh well.

Manleym...you asked if this would be a good Two for Tuesday workout with her Total Body Low Impact. I couldn't do both in the same day. The total body is over an hour and that's with no warm-up. Using the yoga block really challenged my legs. And all the push-ups had me worn out. But I am not as fierce as some of you ladies.

Also, I thought Cathe's instructor Jackie who does JG Kickboxing had a great personality. Very encouraging. Positive Attitude. Good cuing throughout. It's a no frills type of workout done in her home. I think it would be good for lighter days. Let me know if any of you check her out.

Wishing everyone a great start to the week!

Edited to add: I doubled up on my January challenge since I skipped yesterday. Fifteen minute abs with ten minutes of high step training. Looking forward to joining Cathe Live on February 1st.
Old 01-25-21, 01:27 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I am also watching Miss Scarlet and the Duke. I liked the first episode. I haven't seen Poldark though, so I didn't recognize any of the actors.

I was a slug on Saturday and Sunday. I did very little house cleaning and no workouts whatsoever. Sometimes I just need to do nothing.

ChelePA lucky for you getting your mom's vaccine appointment so quickly. I was able to get appointments for my step-mom and my husband (he qualifies because he's got cardiac stents) but not until February 25. I was so happy just to get the appointments. Now I'm worried they will run of the vaccine before they can get inoculated. I'm being cautiously optimistic though.

Lots of tough workouts being done out there, you guys! I enjoyed reading about all of them.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 01-25-21, 01:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Monday! Yes, nice to hear all is well, cataddict. How are your kitties doing? I was thinking about them earlier this morning. I'm guessing it must be fine or you would have mentioned it.

Chele, that Caroline sounds intense! Do you or does anyone know if any of her hiit workouts are more pure cardio? I can't handle all the pushups all the time. manleym, I would think you'd want to put yoga or something easier with her for Two Tuesday.

Mellow Monday for me today and it was 37 degrees with frost on the barn roof, so I just didn't want to go out there and try to do yoga. I stayed in my family room and did a Keoni walking workout as a warmup and then did an Emily Clare Hill yoga. Feeling good now.

Waves to all!!
Old 01-25-21, 03:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday, Watulans!

Another busy, busy day here, UG. FN2, so glad to hear from you and that all is well!

Today was STS Mess 3, week 3 Chest and Back. Cathe says by the end of Mess 3, you should be 5 percent stronger, but I gotta say, I think I'm already stronger than that for me! I've never in my life done chest flys with 25-pound dumbbells, but that's what I did today! Even just 20's used to scare me, so that's quite a jump. And I did all my chest presses with 27.5 pounds on each arm (I'm using my ankle weights very creatively to add weight where needed along with adding bands on the back work because I'm needing heavier weights). I'll be feeling it later but I felt pretty accomplished today, yay!!

Oh, and this weekend, my husband has been kind of remodeling one of our rooms and thus moving stuff around. We had to move a very heavy desk that before I'd had a hard time with and was dreading, and as we were doing it, he stopped to move some other stuff while I just kept pushing all by myself and heard 'Go muscles!' from him, hah!

Kim, sometimes I gotta do nothing too, hah! I've needed more of nothing lately but it's just not going to happen yet, darn it.

ChelePA, I can't wait to try some of these workouts you and Manleym are bravely venturing into. They sound intense!

Bee
, I cannot STAND doing yoga when cold either, uh, no, just NO!

Okay, gotta run and get more done...our dryer broke, AGAIN (GRRR that thing so needs to GO) and I have a repair person coming soon to hopefully (crosses fingers) keep us limping along until we replace the dang thing soon. Who was it who said it's always something? Yep, it sure is!!

Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 06:42 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug those stats you're posting are REALLY impressive! Just wow!! and I love the comment by your husband. Muscles, indeed!

Manley you inspired me to do Amy's Hi/lo Dome Challenge also. I did it once already, back in the summer I think. I really like it and think it's tons of fun. I only did the cardio portion also. I love the music, the choreography is tricky, but not impossible. I left out some of the spins because I just don't like them and I modified some moves to low impact. The drills aren't super long - it's just a really good, fun workout, IMO.

Bee I'm with you on the no yoga in the cold too. I don't blame you for skipping it in the barn.

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 01-25-21, 10:11 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Kittybug those stats you're posting are REALLY impressive! Just wow!! and I love the comment by your husband. Muscles, indeed!

Manley you inspired me to do Amy's Hi/lo Dome Challenge also. I did it once already, back in the summer I think. I really like it and think it's tons of fun. I only did the cardio portion also. I love the music, the choreography is tricky, but not impossible. I left out some of the spins because I just don't like them and I modified some moves to low impact. The drills aren't super long - it's just a really good, fun workout, IMO.

Bee I'm with you on the no yoga in the cold too. I don't blame you for skipping it in the barn.

Hope everyone has a great night.

I agree with Kim...wow Kittybug I think the heaviest I usually go is 15 pounds sometimes 18 for chest flies. It sounds like the program is really working for both of you ladies. Getting strong!!!

Kim...I wanted to pop in and tell you that if your looking for a fun, awesome workout that isn't too difficult...Kat put our a new step video. Intermediate #6. It's a good one! She calls it a fast and fun routine and I agree! It's about 40 minutes. I previewed it tonight, doing the footwork on the floor since I did an intense workout this morning. Many similar Cathe moves in this one. Planning on using my 8 inch step tomorrow since I enjoyed it so much. She is using the topper only. Her cat makes a few appearances too

Good night
Old 01-26-21, 11:56 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Brief checkin...in a nutshell, already not feeling the love on MBF Advanced. But we'll see.
Gotta run...my former MIL died and her funeral is today so I'm going to go be with my boys shortly. They lost both their grandmothers in less than a year.

I'll be back.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 12:00 PM  
ChelePA

Good morning!

So today I decided to do 10-15 minutes of a variety of workouts. I started with JG Kickboxing as a warm-up. I really like her but the one negative is her music is definitely quieter versus her voice. Wish it was louder because it’s good music. I then decided to do the final product only on Kat’s Intermediate #6 since I previewed it yesterday. I repeated it x2 on my 8 inch step. I followed this with my January challenge of planks, burpees, and core. I added on a Caroline Girvan Standing Abs routine. I really felt this more in my hip flexors. It was a nice balance workout too. I ended with Perfect 30 yoga chapters including hip openers, core and abs bonus. I will be out shoveling soon once the snow stops. Only expecting a few inches.

Any thoughts on Fun Friday?

Edited to add that I had some extra time after lunch so I decided to finish JG's Killer Cardio Kickboxing since it's Two for Tuesday I really enjoyed it. I think the music is from Cathe Live. She commented on how she is so sick of the same music but can't break copyright and doesn't have the money for other music. If you wear weighted gloves or hold light weights, this is a nice higher level intermediate routine. The 2 workouts I have done so far she always separates upper and lower body. She did various jumping jacks between the upper body segments then ended with some kicks, squats and standing abs. I think the warm-up was around 15 minutes for a 42 minute workout.
Old 01-26-21, 12:01 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Brief checkin...in a nutshell, already not feeling the love on MBF Advanced. But we'll see.
Gotta run...my former MIL died and her funeral is today so I'm going to go be with my boys shortly. They lost both their grandmothers in less than a year.

I'll be back.
My deepest condolences. What a difficult year.

Tags
watulan check-in