Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-19-21, 01:50 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quick check in here..... the high winds have only gotten worse here and there's huge power outages everywhere (we've got generators going). Zero workouts for Two Tuesday -- I think it's going to be a rest day though I may do some kettlebell swings. Powerstrike of any number is going to be very if-y for me tomorrow, manleym.... we actually have a power line down on our property and since we're the end of the line I think it might be a long time before they can fix it. Though we make things limp along in our house, I won't have power in the barn for my workouts. And don't worry if you don't hear from me for a few days..... it's probably just internet/power issues.

The good news, maybe?, is we found a house to look at. Four hours from here, but hopefully in a better weather/fire area. It's a long shot at this point but it gives me a little hope.
Old 01-19-21, 01:54 PM  
manleym

Me again!

Just found this on FitnessMyStyle: here's the link https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/post/...-kick-sculpt-2

JG Kickboxing is a free YouTube channel that Jackie Kurth, an instructor from Cathe Friedrich’s gym in New Jersey, started when the lockdown came and she was no longer able to teach at the club. She has since continued posting new workouts every week and has over 80 videos in the archive. Jackie offers a great variety of routines that are a mix of cardio (step, steady state, tabata, Hiit etc), cardio and strength or just total body strength. There are also lots of kickboxing workouts, as I think that is her usual speciality at the gym, so if you love kickboxing / boxing you should really check out this channel. I have included the YouTube link to her channel HERE.

I'm going to check out her workouts! Didn't even think about other instructors from Cathe's gym.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 02:21 PM  
horusosiris

Bee- sorry for your power outage. I hope that it will not take as long as you are anticipating for your power to be restored. Generators are hard to come by these days. We have one but wanted to purchase another but most places were out of the one we wanted. Good luck with your house hunting. Maybe that will be the house that you are looking for!

Manelym- thanks for posting the link. The workouts look good.I will do Powerstrike 6 with you.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 05:37 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Me again!

Just found this on FitnessMyStyle: here's the link https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/post/...-kick-sculpt-2

JG Kickboxing is a free YouTube channel that Jackie Kurth, an instructor from Cathe Friedrich’s gym in New Jersey, started when the lockdown came and she was no longer able to teach at the club. She has since continued posting new workouts every week and has over 80 videos in the archive. Jackie offers a great variety of routines that are a mix of cardio (step, steady state, tabata, Hiit etc), cardio and strength or just total body strength. There are also lots of kickboxing workouts, as I think that is her usual speciality at the gym, so if you love kickboxing / boxing you should really check out this channel. I have included the YouTube link to her channel HERE.

I'm going to check out her workouts! Didn't even think about other instructors from Cathe's gym.
Love kickboxing! Thanks for sharing! I’ve been trying to find free videos to mix in with my Cathe DVDs. Edited to add that I checked out her workouts. Looks great especially for a more intermediate day where you don't want all that intensity. There's a nice variety and they are all about 45 minutes give or take which is nice too.

Caroline Girvan's channel is just the opposite. Yikes—she looks intense! Kate I was thinking of you because she lifts heavy in many of her routines. Well looks like it to me since my level is more of a high intermediate.

Manleym-I’m thinking maybe this one... 30 Min FULL BODY HIIT WORKOUT | Tabata Style No Jumping & No Equipment or maybe one of her beginner Epic routines. Did you find anything that looks good for Fun Friday?
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 05:38 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Quick check in here..... the high winds have only gotten worse here and there's huge power outages everywhere (we've got generators going). Zero workouts for Two Tuesday -- I think it's going to be a rest day though I may do some kettlebell swings. Powerstrike of any number is going to be very if-y for me tomorrow, manleym.... we actually have a power line down on our property and since we're the end of the line I think it might be a long time before they can fix it. Though we make things limp along in our house, I won't have power in the barn for my workouts. And don't worry if you don't hear from me for a few days..... it's probably just internet/power issues.

The good news, maybe?, is we found a house to look at. Four hours from here, but hopefully in a better weather/fire area. It's a long shot at this point but it gives me a little hope.
Fingers crossed!!!
Old 01-19-21, 08:07 PM  
Mickey12

Bee I'm so sorry to read of your power outages and wind issues. I hope things get restored soon and I'm so glad you have a generator. Thanks for posting the link to the walking workout. He is so cute! We did his Christmas walk with the kitties running all around which was fun.

Horusosirus I think my virgin fun Friday workout will be Patrick Goudeau Hardwork Conditioning 24/7. Yikes, it doesn't sound very fun by the title.

Manley I'm considering Powerstrike 6 for Wednesday.

ChelePA I finally did a Kat step aerobics workout today. It was Step Express, Intermediate/Advanced. OMG, soooooo fun!!! I agree, she is a really good instructor and the choreography is fairly easy to master. I found the beats per minute to be pretty quick which makes it fun. I loved the music too. Her grey and white cat made an appearance through most of the workout and he has such an unusual thin white crooked stripe down his back. Really neat. I will definitely do more of her workouts.
Old 01-20-21, 04:29 AM  
ChelePA

Kim...I am so glad you enjoyed Kat. She is always very responsive to her fans. I actually asked her about the ads interrupting her workouts and she explained the process. She now is trying to do ad free routines, which is awesome for me. Not so sure for her since no money but maybe she is hoping to get a bigger following and then get commercial fees???

I have been trying to use free YouTube workouts to vary about my daily regime. I am usually strictly Cathe but with my new rebounder have been branching out even more. My legs are still feeling yesterday's workout. I did Barlates: Bounce Total Body. She does circuits of cardio then lower body mat work but it is done on the rebounder. Any kind of mat work is always my nemesis...well this one even more since you have a greater range of motion for many of the exercises being elevated on the trampoline. My legs and hips were on fire! Not only that but you feel many of the moves in your upper body and core since the surface is unstable. The first round of cardio is more athletic, less coordination needed since they are basic moves. The second round is old school and boy did this challenge my balance. I really had to concentrate on the moves. The last round of cardio is boxing which also requires moving upper and lower body together since you are always bouncing. I was much more coordinated doing these moves. But I am sure it wasn't pretty. Music is somewhat important to me. And the background music was so boring. Not motivating at all. Half way through I had to put on my own music, which made the routine much more enjoyable.

I will probably focus on upper body and stretching later in the day. My daughter has an extended ortho appointment early this morning. She is in the countdown to getting her braces off. Unfortunately Covid has prolonged the process because there was some improper movement when appointments weren't allowed. She has missing teeth related to her cleft so it's not your typical care. Hoping they gave her a final date today.

Lot of positive vibes being sent to all!!!
Old 01-20-21, 07:06 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

I hope everything gets better soon bee! Sending good vibes your way!

Crossing my fingers for your house project!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 09:10 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Kim...I am so glad you enjoyed Kat. She is always very responsive to her fans. I actually asked her about the ads interrupting her workouts and she explained the process. She now is trying to do ad free routines, which is awesome for me. Not so sure for her since no money but maybe she is hoping to get a bigger following and then get commercial fees???

I have been trying to use free YouTube workouts to vary about my daily regime. I am usually strictly Cathe but with my new rebounder have been branching out even more. My legs are still feeling yesterday's workout. I did Barlates: Bounce Total Body. She does circuits of cardio then lower body mat work but it is done on the rebounder. Any kind of mat work is always my nemesis...well this one even more since you have a greater range of motion for many of the exercises being elevated on the trampoline. My legs and hips were on fire! Not only that but you feel many of the moves in your upper body and core since the surface is unstable. The first round of cardio is more athletic, less coordination needed since they are basic moves. The second round is old school and boy did this challenge my balance. I really had to concentrate on the moves. The last round of cardio is boxing which also requires moving upper and lower body together since you are always bouncing. I was much more coordinated doing these moves. But I am sure it wasn't pretty. Music is somewhat important to me. And the background music was so boring. Not motivating at all. Half way through I had to put on my own music, which made the routine much more enjoyable.

I will probably focus on upper body and stretching later in the day. My daughter has an extended ortho appointment early this morning. She is in the countdown to getting her braces off. Unfortunately Covid has prolonged the process because there was some improper movement when appointments weren't allowed. She has missing teeth related to her cleft so it's not your typical care. Hoping they gave her a final date today.

Lot of positive vibes being sent to all!!!
ChelePA that Barlates Bounce workout sounded pretty interesting and fun UNTIL you mentioned the crappy music. UGGG!!!! Music is really important to me too.

I see you posted pretty early today. Can't sleep? Husband snoring again?

Good luck with your daughter's orthodontist appointment.
Old 01-20-21, 09:59 AM  
ChelePA

Haha. Yes Kim. Some days he is really loud.

Tags
watulan check-in