Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-16-21, 01:36 PM  
ChelePA

Hi ladies. I loved the interview as well! My husband is always trying to encourage my daughter into different fields of interest for college and she’s like no way. So we may be heading down the same path someday as Cathe’s parents. . I saw the new haircut in Facebook pictures when she originally got it done. Looks wonderful! I also chopped off about 6 inches to feel less weighed down for the new year. So much easier to manage otherwise I just always keep it pulled up in a ponytail.

Thanks for the well wishes regarding my daughter. They went into more detail regarding the surgery and recovery. Definitely overwhelming for her! And me as well and I’m not even having the surgery. She gets in the car and says maybe we should cancel. She is so nervous and scared! We have to return in two weeks to have a Covid test done in New York City. They don’t trust the local places. Ha ha.

I just want to send big hugs and positive thoughts for everyone feeling down these days. It’s definitely difficult with all the political and Covid stuff happening. Sadly my eyes have been open to how people really feel on different topics. Including close friends and family members. Sometimes it’s very hard to have an open mind and stay neutral with certain discussions. I won’t go on about it anymore because I know this board is mainly about exercise. I don’t want to break those rules. The phrase let’s agree to disagree has been used way too much this past year.

I’m so impressed with you ladies finishing STS.. It’s not a program I have ever been interested in. I have incorporated weights more and more the past 2 years. But it’s definitely never been a favorite. If it’s weights only, I prefer a shorter workout. I enjoy metabolic, circuit and the PHA type workouts the best.

Speaking of PHA, I did PHA3 today using the premix that includes each round only once. I then added on my January challenge of planks, burpees and core for an additional 10 minutes or so. Followed by an extended stretch.

I also find it interesting how a Fun Friday workout could be a dreaded workout for others. Cardio Fusion is definitely right up my alley. Always a favorite!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 03:19 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Saturday to ALL.

I propose for Fun Friday that we all do a virgin workout and report back to the group. I guess we will not know if it is truly fun until we complete it. I have several virgins that I need to do.

I did two of Cathe’s Total Gym workouts – Muscle up Lower body (35 min) and Hiit It, Lift It. Cathe can even find a way to make Total Gym workouts intense. My legs were shaking- Ouch! Yes, it had pulses 1.5’s, plyometrics, etc. The Hiit workout was a combo of cardio and weights done in rounds.

Yes, the Cathe interview was very enlightening.

Chel- thanks for the positive vibes. I definitely could use them lately. I am sending hugs to you and your daughter. I am hoping that all goes well with her surgery. I hear you on how a Fun Friday workout for some could be a dread Friday workout for others

Kate – there was never any dread with MBF and MBFA. The Power Ignites and Full Body Burns are all very good.

Kate and Cataddict- a 4x4 rotation would be good

Cataddict- I have done Cathe’s Plyo legs as standalone workouts. I have never done them as part of the STS rotation because I usually do Squat Rack Legs.

Kitty- I hope that all goes well with your impending work situation. Stay Positive!

Garrie- The Gym Styles are solid weight workouts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 04:16 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Happy Saturday to ALL.

I propose for Fun Friday that we all do a virgin workout and report back to the group. I guess we will not know if it is truly fun until we complete it. I have several virgins that I not to do.

I did two of Cathe’s Total Gym workouts – Muscle up Lower body (35 min) and Hiit It, Lift It. Cathe can even find a way to make Total Gym workouts intense. My legs were shaking- Ouch! Yes, it had pulses 1.5’s, plyometrics, etc. The Hiit workout was a combo of cardio and weights done in rounds.

Yes, the Cathe interview was very enlightening.

Chel- thanks for the positive vibes. I definitely could use them lately. I am sending hugs to you and your daughter. I am hoping that all goes well with her surgery. I hear you on how a Fun Friday workout for some could be a dread Friday workout for others

Kate – there was never any dread with MBF and MBFA. The Power Ignites and Full Body Burns are all very good.

Kate and Cataddict- a 4x4 rotation would be good

Cataddict- I have done Cathe’s Plyo legs as standalone workouts. I have never done them as part of the STS rotation because I usually do Squat Rack Legs.

Kitty- I hope that all goes well with your impending work situation. Stay Positive!

Garrie- The Gym Styles are solid weight workouts.
Oooohhh I didn’t know Cathe did Total Gym workouts. That’s very interesting.

I like your Fun Friday virgin workout idea. I’m in!
Old 01-16-21, 07:26 PM  
manleym

Hi Fierce Ones! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Did any of ya'll have crazy wind the past few days? It's been 40-50 miles an hour here - put rocks in your pockets crazy. Even the airport was closed for a bit because of the crazy wind. Seems to have moved on and hoping it's not coming your way.

Bee agree that Cardio Fusion is not a Fun Friday workout. It WAS a Tough Tuesday workout though. I think the "next" time I do it I'll try a premix. I didn't like drill 6 being at the end of Drill Max, and I sure didn't like it at the end of Cardio Fusion. I'm glad your family was able to rally and come together. Everything is just so hard right now so family and community (like this one) are essential.

KateTT you will ROCK Cardio Fusion! And congrats on Katami 4x4! Glad you got it! Agree with others that we could do a 4x4 rotation when everyone is finished with their current rotation.

Cataddict sounds like we have a double celebration! You and FN1 finishing STS and your birthday! So your bday must be beginning of February?

ChelePA I know that your daughter (and you) are just so scared. The anticipation and waiting is always the hardest. Praying for the surgery and recovery to go smoothly and for peace about it all. This is not easy on any of you. Sending hugs to you and your daughter. Like you I tend to prefer metabolic, circuit, PHA type workouts. In fact I was thinking that yesterday. My hair is just getting past my shoulders and it's almost always in a ponytail. I need to decide what to do - cut it or keep letting it grow.

Kittybug I probably won't do Paul's recommended rotation. It's something crazy like doing one phase for a month, so you'd be doing the same workouts for awhile and that's not how I roll. So yes we need to decide how we want to use them. Maybe do all of the Change workouts one week, all the Athlete workouts the next week, Hero the next, and so on. I just don't think I can do only the Change workouts for a month, the the Athlete for a month, etc. and I think that's what Paul suggests.

Horusosiris I'm with you and Kim on doing a virgin workout for Fun Friday this week. Are Cathe’s Total Gym workouts Live workouts or dvds? I'm hoping Lives.

Kim thanks for posting that CelePA posted a link to Cathe's interview in the GD. It was a great interview. So encouraging and motivating! And I thought of ya'll when Cathe started talking about inspiring others and having an impact. You all have definitely inspired me and have had a positive impact. Not only with workouts but as a community. Virtual hug everyone!

Now to the workouts....

Friday I did Cathe Live #316 Metabolic Upper Body and REALLY liked it! It wasn't crazy hard but just flew. I actually think I like the Metabolic Lower Body better (#317) but the upper body workout was definitely worth doing.

Today I did the new to me Cathe High Step Training and ya'll were right! It's a GREAT workout so thank you all for encouraging (enabling) me to get it! Definitely had a Firm feel to it, as I was "getting down with the fanny lifter" and I could hear Pam saying, "latissimus dors'eye'". I loved the variety of this workout. Since there were quite a few leg presses I played with the height step and weight. So for one set I would use a heavier weight but lower the step height. The next round I would lower the weight and raise the step height. Interesting that Cathe called a 10 lb weight heavy. That seems light for her. I was fine with it, but I thought Cathe would have used at least a 12 or 15 lb weight.

Hubby's stirring around in the kitchen so that must mean it's time to start dinner.

Waves to Garrie, FOLV, Nathalie! Hugs to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 08:49 AM  
ChelePA

manleym...I knew you would like HST. I agree that it reminded me of the Firm. I'm going to have to pull that one out this week. It's been some time since I conquered the high step.

Today the January Challenge was a 20 minute ab routine. As I said before this instructor from the Y is a killer with core exercises. So I often have a dread factor on Sundays going into the routine but then feel so accomplished afterwards. And Kat put out another basic step routine at an intermediate level. It's around 40 minutes. She used a remix of 90s music. I absolutely loved it! She has changed the music recently so that there are no ads throughout her workouts. I find it amazing that she doesn't want to profit from her awesome channel. Maybe in the future she will change her mind. So if you don't like complex choreography...this is another great one for you! She starts off with a chasse mambo. Immediately reminded me of Cathe. I knew it was going to be a good one. Also her basic routines are so easy to increase intensity by raising the step height and adding power. Her cat always makes an appearance too I know you all enjoy that!

I am in for a Fun Friday virgin workout! Great idea!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-17-21, 06:54 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Fierce Watulans!

Today I did Imax 3 again for my goal of getting to a place where this one is fun like Imax 2. I'm getting closer!! Definitely has less dread now, though still tough! Then my husband and I got out for a walk, which was nice.

ChelePA, I really feel for what you and your daughter are going through (and I can personally relate from something in my own past)!! Such tough stuff, I know. I'm continuing to send you all positive energy to get through it with the best possible outcomes for all!

Horusosiris, like Kim, I too didn't know Cathe did Total Gym workouts! I'm looking forward to hearing about your Friday virgin workouts, all of you!

Manleym, I like your 4x4 idea. I'll have to look at just what these workouts are to figure out how to use them! And oh, me too, I've always gravitated to circuit or metabolic or PHA type workouts. These STS workouts and other upper body splits are not my usual thing, but I've surprisingly found I enjoy them and what they do for me. But honestly, I don't think I EVER would have had the courage to even try STS without this group and the support. I think back to a couple years ago and none of this stuff was even on my radar!! And I'm SO GLAD you liked HST!! I can't wait to do that one again, when STS is over.

FN2, I meant to say before and keep forgetting that YES, I've been ravenous lately and am blaming it on Mess 3! I'm also finding this mess is more challenging mentally for me due to all. the. repetition. Like it's harder to get through because of that, if that makes sense? Week 2, here we come!!

All right, hope you all are enjoying what's left of the weekend and staying fierce!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 08:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all! Sorry I missed posting yesterday -- and almost today, too! I don't know why..... it's not like I've been busy with much.

horusosiris, I love your idea about doing a virgin for Fun Friday! I think the fun is in trying something new and hiring what everyone else does. Definitely fun!

Chele, I'm sure that visit just turned up the volume on the dreaded anticipation. I feel for all of you guys! And yes, you're so right -- there is so much to get us down these days.... we just need to try our best to stay positive and help each other out with the virtual hugs!

manleym, so cool that you have a fun new Cathe workout in HST!! It is a gem, for sure!!

Yesterday for Surprise Saturday I did a predictable GS Chest and Triceps to finish up GS -- wow, Garrie, you are right -- those drop set pushups were no joke! And I guess the surprise portion was adding on 150 kettlebell swings. Wow, my core was sore from that today. Today for Slogging Sunday I did Imax 3, which may be considered a Fun Friday workout, but I decided it fit the bill for today. I was pretty pooped. I realized I have not had a true rest day since sometime in December -- well, it had to be around Christmas time -- I know I missed a couple of days then. So Imax 3 was definitely enough. I'm sort of glad to have that behind me.

I had a pretty low key weekend. No high winds here, though it was a little warm blustery (if that exists) the other day and then last night there was an earthquake. I sure hope we are not already in summer here but it's feeling like it -- I don't want to have to start worrying about fires already.

Ok, off to make dinner..... waves to all you Fierce Watulans!!
Old 01-17-21, 08:19 PM  
Mickey12

Manley I’m not sure where you’re located, but in Pennsylvania we also had crazy winds, Friday was blustery and another day recently but I can’t remember when. I hate wind!

I felt pretty tired this weekend after feeling tired all week, so I just did some easy workouts. Today was Jessica Smith 10 minute quick walks, 3 strung together. They were fun and super quick with a lot of variety. It felt like I did several really hard workouts last week and I needed a break.

I started watching the TV show Lost. We never watched it back when it aired so it’s been fun. I binged watched yesterday and today.

I enjoyed the Cathe interview that ChelePA posted. Cathe is such a bright light. It’s hard not to love her. I wish I had that enthusiasm and positivity.

Well, it’s the start of another week. Stay fierce my fellow Watulans.
Old 01-17-21, 08:45 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley I’m not sure where you’re located, but in Pennsylvania we also had crazy winds, Friday was blustery and another day recently but I can’t remember when. I hate wind!

I felt pretty tired this weekend after feeling tired all week, so I just did some easy workouts. Today was Jessica Smith 10 minute quick walks, 3 strung together. They were fun and super quick with a lot of variety. It felt like I did several really hard workouts last week and I needed a break.

I started watching the TV show Lost. We never watched it back when it aired so it’s been fun. I binged watched yesterday and today.

I enjoyed the Cathe interview that ChelePA posted. Cathe is such a bright light. It’s hard not to love her. I wish I had that enthusiasm and positivity.

Well, it’s the start of another week. Stay fierce my fellow Watulans.

Just have to pop in and say I absolutely love the show Lost . I was obsessed with it when it originally aired.
Old 01-18-21, 11:32 AM  
lavna

Just a quick pop-in to say Happy Monday to everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in