Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-13-21, 11:48 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

OMG, the side effects from the second Shingrix shot hit me like a ton of bricks late last night. Chills, severe headache, nausea, achy. I had no reaction to the first shot so I wasn't expecting this. I was sitting under 3 layers of blankets and I couldn't stop shaking. I also threw up overnight and got no sleep, so I took a sick day today. No exercise for me today and probably not tomorrow either. I've never had a reaction to a shot before! I almost feel like I have the flu. I guess it's better than getting shingles though.

Donna, Binghamton is gloomy even during the other seasons, not just winter, LOL.

Sherry, Wow, it's amazing all the great stuff you find at Goodwill!

Pam, I guess you'll be ahead of me on the schedule since I can't exercise right now! That's interesting about the weights. 10 lbs for that workout is still very heavy, but like you said, Jessica is a pro so I guess she's used to it.

Have a good day! I'm going to watch TV. It's kind of nice having a day to do nothing.
Old 01-13-21, 04:29 PM  
Leonana

Today was KCM Weights, premix 2 with resting ab intervals. Unfortunately, it was all floor ab work, so I ff’ed. With the 3 minute WU, it was only 18 minutes of exercise. I did like the weight work on this dvd, and boy I can feel it in my chest! But I think I will do the Total Body timesaver premix in the future. It doesn’t have the cardio or ab work and is 31 minutes. I followed with WS3 Total Body Training. I don’t think this is an add on, but a stand alone, even though it’s 15 minutes. I was really huffing and puffing! Jessica packs a lot into it. Comparing the two, I definitely like Jessica’s WU and cardio better than KCM. But I like KCM’s weight work as a change. I did over do it in Monday using 10 pounds, I was really tired yesterday. I should have dropped down half way through. I need to take it slower. I finished with Jessica’s 5 minute stretch from the new stretch dvd.

I also do my own 10 minute stretch every evening before bed.

wishiwasinhawaii, I’m sorry you were ill from the shot. I had a prescription for it but never got around to getting it. Covid threw me for a loop I guess. I don’t have regular insurance now, I’m in a share program so have more out of pocket costs. I’m not sure what it would cost to get the two shots.

Pam, good detective work! I always wonder what weight Jessica is using.

Donna, Pahla seems to be working well for you. I need to get my snacking under control.
Old 01-13-21, 10:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

No workout for me today, as we had all kinds of things that needed to get done and we were gone most of the day! DH needed to replace all of the tires on the car and that took a good portion of our time. So lots of running around and errands. I thought I might workout after dinner but that didn't happen since we ate late. Oh well, tomorrow's another day...unless I can squeeze in some yoga before bed.

wishiwasinhawaii, gosh I'm so sorry you're having so many ill effects from the vaccine. Hope you're feeling better by this point and can at least rest better tonight.

Sherry, I'm not a big fan of ab work on the floor either. I will do some, but don't like a lot of it if I can do something standing instead.

Donna, I will try to measure the SP machine tomorrow and report back. I seem to have misplaced the manual for it with multiple moves, and it's not readily available online. I'm guessing it still turns up on FB marketplace or ebay from time to time. Yes, I had looked at bikes and decided at the last minute to cancel my order before it shipped. I have something else coming that I will be alternating with regular workouts/rotations that I ordered as a present to myself for the New Year! I'll either do another Jessica Walk Strong (2 or 3) rotation or maybe a combo, since I like to sub out some workouts for others...depending on the day.

Night all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 09:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still sticking with Pahla!

Today was:

Pahla B- Walk off the Weight Day 13 - Low Impact "Knee Friendly" cardio. Typical of Pahla's workouts - it was 30 seconds walking alternated with 30 seconds of low impact.

Jessica Valent - 10 Min Beginner Ab Workout & 20 min Full Body Opening.
I enjoyed both of these - the ab work focused on foundational moves and the full body opening included some nice stretching and mobility work.

I think I will get some CS in today!

Yesterday for extras I did - Ellen B - Core Cardio - this is a 20 min low key core and cardio workout - very gentle....and I added on Yoga w/ Bird - (You Tube) - Yoga for Stiff bodies.

Once again, I feel at odds w/ Adriene. Did she change or did I? Anyway, I had been hearing about Yoga w/ Bird here on VF and decided to try her out. She has a You Tube channel and so far, so good, I enjoyed the practice I did yesterday. On her website she has monthly calendars - which I am a sucker for! Not entirely sure if I will completely ditch Adriene or not, but I may do a little more with Bird and Kassandra..

Along w/ my Pahla B plan I'm working my way through the winter solstice sadhana (40 days of yoga) so I am trying to add a little bit of yoga in every day. The Yoga w/ Bird practice I did yesterday was about 10 min.

wishiwasinhawaii -ugh - so sorry you had such a bad reaction. I have had reactions like that to vaccines in the past - flu shot in particular - which is what makes me nervous about Shingrix and COVID and pneumonia, but I will more than likely get the COVID vaccine just b/c it sounds like getting COVID is such a gamble. Shinrgrix, I'm really on the fence, I had shingles already, I know you can get it again, but honestly, my particular case was not bad, probably b/c I went to the Dr right away and got anti-virals right away. So, I am not 100% sure if I will get that one....especially now that I have had shingles and know what to look for - if I got it again, I'd be at the dr asking for anti-virals the next day!

Sounds like a busy day, Pam! Thanks in advance for measuring it for me. Someday I would like to get a reformer. I will probably have to let something else go - to fit one in or at least clean out a closet to store one...Actually I bet i could get one that would fit under my bed......something to think about....

Sherry - I don't like going down to the floor, getting back up again over and over during a workout. I'm glad Pahla's newer stuff tends to be all standing.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 02:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 16 (Brain Fitness Fun!)

Hi Ladies,

Today was Jessica's Brain Fitness fun workout! I always enjoy this one but today I was a little distracted (and had other things on my mind.) I also added to this Ellen C's SP Tight on Time! When I do Ellen's workouts it makes me want to do nothing but pilates! She's such a good instructor.

Donna, the Supreme Pilate (original) machine measures the following inches....
(L=Length, H=Height, W=Width)
Tower:52" H x 26" W
Mat:46" L x 23" W
Frame/Base:56 L x 23" W

wishiwasinhawaii, how are you doing today? Hope all is well with you!

Sherry, waves to you and good job on the workouts!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-15-21, 08:19 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Feeling much better now, thank goodness. I think I'm back to normal, but I'm going to take this one last day off from exercise just to give myself one more day to rest up. I took the last two day off from work, which was a nice break.

Donna, I know a lot of people who had shingles and some had severe cases with effects that have lingered for years, so that's one reason I decided to do this. At least now it's over with. I think 24 hours of nasty side effects was worth it if it prevents shingles.

Pam, Brain Fitness Fun is one of my favorites too. That's the next one up on the schedule, which I will most likely do tomorrow.

Sherry, Hope all is well!
Old 01-15-21, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday!

This morning was a bit of a change of pace:

CS 1107 - I can't remember the title - but it was all standing which is my favorite.

Ellen- Gentle Barre - this is her new workout on her streaming site for January. I always feel very relaxed and zen when working with Ellen.

I *may* squeeze Pahla's workout in later today as my mid-day break, but I will see how i feel. I think it is only 22 minutes, so easy enough to sneak away to do.

Yesterday's mid-day, well, actually, late afternoon activity was a walk w/ my doggie and DD. I got my hair trimmed last night so no evening workout.

Pam - thanks for the measurements - I know what you mean that whenever i do Ellen's stuff that is all I want to do...

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm glad you are feeling better, and yes, I was lucky to get a pretty mild case - I think mine would have been worse if I hadn't gone to the Dr. right away. I do know you can get Shingles more than once....

Waves, Sherry - Hope all is well on your end!

Happy Friday!!

Donna
Old 01-15-21, 12:44 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, Believe it or not, I haven't had anything done to my hair since February 2020! My hair was short then so I decided this was a good opportunity to let it grow and now it's down to my shoulders. I'm planning to get it trimmed maybe in March or April. We'll see. I also used to color my hair but haven't since February either and realized my natural color (gray and brown) actually looks good and I get compliments on it, so I'm no longer going to color it.

I was telling my boss today about my reaction to Shingrix and she told me she had shingles. I was surprised because she's young (41) and you usually only hear about older people getting it. She said it was very painful.
Old 01-15-21, 01:30 PM  
donnamp

Oh, my DH got shingles in his 30's - he was working a rough schedule and not sleeping and when I had shingles the Dr I saw told me she had it in her 20's in med school - so stress and lack of sleep is a big trigger. I think mine was caused by stress and being run down in general, not sleeping, etc.

Hopefully I will not get it again!

Donna
Old 01-15-21, 03:58 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was supposed to be Jessica's Lower Body on the rotation calendar, but I didn't rest well again last night. I would sure hate to get Shingles from lack of sleep and stress, but I'm sure that was one of the reasons I got Bell's Palsy and still suffer from it!

So, I just did Pilates instead with the Supreme Pilates machine and Supreme Challenge (Ellen Croft) and Dynamic Sequencing (Mari Winsor!) The Challenging workout was tough for a number of the exercises, and not sure why I decided to try it today, LOL! I loved, loved, loved Mari's workout though...so good!

I've also stopped coloring my hair about two years ago and just let it grow. It got so long that I finally cut it around Thanksgiving or so. I do like the more natural me and it's pretty low maintenance since I don't bother or fuss with it. I'm sure I sometimes frighten people when I go out in public (forgetting to comb/brush it) before leaving the house. But having been a hairdresser for so many years, it was always in a different style or color depending on my mood. I always make sure DH's hair is routinely cut, even if mine gets a bit out of control.

Have a good day all!

Current Rotation:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy