Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-27-20, 10:40 AM  
Leonana

Sandrine, thanks for the review! It sounds like it’s something I would like. And you can’t beat 4 almost new dvds for $1!
Old 10-28-20, 08:50 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Hi, Sherry!
I may have been one of the few, but I really liked that set. It seemed to me to be a nice hybrid of dance-inspired moves and 4-limb. Michelle cued well, and demonstrated good form. And, yes, I think a dumbbell would work. IIrc, the main criticism of the set was that it wasn't a true kettlebell w/o. Good find!
Sandrine
I did the beginner tutorial and the beginner 20 minute workout. She does instruct well and cues well. It was different from what I'm used to, but I enjoyed it as a change of pace. I mostly work out with Jessica Smith, and have a hard time clicking with other instructors, so don't usually keep my Goodwill buys. But I liked this one and will keep it.
Old 10-29-20, 07:35 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Yesterday, I found kettlenetics by Michelle Khai at Goodwill for $1.05. Four dvds and they look brand new. It says a 5 pound kettlebell is required, and I don't have a kettlebell, but I guess I can use a dumbbell. The description says it is unique, dance inspired exercise program with flowing moves. Sounds interesting.

I see a lot of those at our Goodwills too. Along with a lot of Gaiam yoga and pilates dvds.
I found also Michelle at a thrift store. Went to a Goodwill about a week later and found her kettlebell in the exercise equipment section. Had the same thing happen with a Mitch Gaylord DVD set. I found the DVDs in one thrift store and the weighted ball in the sports equipment section of another :-)

I enjoy her workout :-)
Old 10-29-20, 04:38 PM  
anetta

I went to Goodwill today, before COVID they used to have several exercise dvds.

I only saw one today.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 04:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Sorry to hear that, Anita.

I went to my Goodwill last week and the shelf that used to have only workout DVDs had only a few and was full of regular movies. Someone had spread the others throughout the shelves. I can see filling it up with other movies... but why scatter?

If I hadn't been in a hurry, I would have put them all back (because the label on the shelf doesn't match )

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 04:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

The Goodwill stores here don’t separate DVDs by category other than children. It does make it hard to find things! Only one of the local used book sales separates types of DVDs and they have had less to offer too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 04:53 PM  
sherry7899

I wish we had good thrift stores near me. There is a record store where they have used exercise DVDs, but the two times I went this year they had the same common ones still sitting there. I know they are accepting way less used DVDs from customers to resell.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 05:40 PM  
anetta

It's good they don't have alot, I don't need anything and am actually going to get rid of my dvds except for CS Qigong and yoga.

But I still look everytime

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 08:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anita, I'm not looking to buy either...but I like to look. And if I can find something that seems intriguing, I don't mind paying $2 to buy, even if I then send back to Goodwill after.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 10:41 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I found also Michelle at a thrift store. Went to a Goodwill about a week later and found her kettlebell in the exercise equipment section. Had the same thing happen with a Mitch Gaylord DVD set. I found the DVDs in one thrift store and the weighted ball in the sports equipment section of another :-)

I enjoy her workout :-)
About a week before, I did find a 5 pound kettlebell in another Goodwill! I'm not sure it was hers, but I'm sorry I didn't get it. I used a 5 pound dumbell instead. I'm now on the lookout for another one. I enjoyed her workout too.

That's awesome you found everything!

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds