Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-20, 10:41 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Kate, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers to you and your family.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 11:35 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Tough mental week. A good friend lost her 94 year old mom to COVID and the family couldn't be with her at the end. So sad. Other family issues took a lot of time. Not sure how much I can write I just don't have a whole lot of energy left.

I still managed to work out. This week I did Pyramid Upper and Lower body, Kick Max, High Step Training, and Cathe Live PHA #94 along with a lot of walking. I realize I didn't much care for Pyramid Lower since I don't seem to be able to switch the weight as fast as they can and I had to keep pausing. I wasn't really a fan of Kick Max. First of all, the warm up was too long for my taste---10 minutes. Then the first "combo" was designed to be a "warm up" combo. Really? I just spent all that time "warming up." The other combos weren't that interesting IMHO and it seemed like endless jumping jacks. She could have inserted another combo in the place of the tons of jumping jacks. I did enjoy the "blast" portion of the workout, so I can see myself doing my own premix with a much shorter warm up and the blasts being predominate. I didn't do the leg drills. High Step Training was tough! I hadn't done this one for awhile and it kicked my butt! I like all the PHAs and this one was no exception.

kittybug, so sorry about your injury! Bummer! My hair looks much better, no crusty ends and got highlights as well. My stylist has set up her salon in her home so from now on I'll be going there from now on which is fine by me. I know she's a clean freak and her place is impeccable.

Waving to all! I'll write more later. Stay safe.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 02:20 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi all!

Tough mental week. A good friend lost her 94 year old mom to COVID and the family couldn't be with her at the end. So sad. Other family issues took a lot of time. Not sure how much I can write I just don't have a whole lot of energy left.

I still managed to work out. This week I did Pyramid Upper and Lower body, Kick Max, High Step Training, and Cathe Live PHA #94 along with a lot of walking. I realize I didn't much care for Pyramid Lower since I don't seem to be able to switch the weight as fast as they can and I had to keep pausing. I wasn't really a fan of Kick Max. First of all, the warm up was too long for my taste---10 minutes. Then the first "combo" was designed to be a "warm up" combo. Really? I just spent all that time "warming up." The other combos weren't that interesting IMHO and it seemed like endless jumping jacks. She could have inserted another combo in the place of the tons of jumping jacks. I did enjoy the "blast" portion of the workout, so I can see myself doing my own premix with a much shorter warm up and the blasts being predominate. I didn't do the leg drills. High Step Training was tough! I hadn't done this one for awhile and it kicked my butt! I like all the PHAs and this one was no exception.

kittybug, so sorry about your injury! Bummer! My hair looks much better, no crusty ends and got highlights as well. My stylist has set up her salon in her home so from now on I'll be going there from now on which is fine by me. I know she's a clean freak and her place is impeccable.

Waving to all! I'll write more later. Stay safe.

Sorry to hear about your difficult week. Sending virtual hugs.

Kick Max is my least favorite of all her kickboxing workouts. I only use the HIIT leg portion as an add on.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 02:44 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I
Dear kittybug, kim, manley horusosiris,lavna, bee cataddict (Hopefully I didn't forget anyone)
..this is me flexing ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
and hoping you keep flexing back!!
Linda, yet another post where you had me laughing out loud!! You're the best!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 02:56 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dear kittybug, kim, manley horusosiris,lavna, bee cataddict (Hopefully I didn't forget anyone)
..this is me flexing ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
and hoping you keep flexing back!!
I love this! So cute!

Not flexing much this week (unless following VF counts!) We're having a heat wave so I don't feel like working out. Too humid!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 03:12 PM  
Mickey12

Manley I'm amazed at how long your workouts are! My goodness, I feel like 60 minutes is a GREAT workout for me and for a long, long time (before this Kittybug Kick Butt Party) I was happy if I got in 30 minutes a day.

Cataddict I'm sorry you had a draining week. I guess none of us are immune to life's problems. I think it helps to know you're not alone and hopefully you'll have better days soon. High Step Challenge is one of Cathe's tougher workouts, IMO. I think I only ever did it once, too much dread factor.

ChelePA, I'm glad you are finding a fresh take on the Live Cathe workouts now that you're doing them standing. I have such bad workout ADD that I don't think I could do them again so soon in rotation. Actually, I find it interesting that Manley and Kittybug and others that I've forgotten by name, can do workouts over and over again, like week after week. I did Rockout Knockout a few weeks ago, before we started the 2013 workouts, and I didn't want to do it again now. I mean, I JUST DID IT. I think that's why I don't gravitate towards rotations. I get tired of the same workout. Even though it makes sense that you can really see and measure your progress when you do the same workout multiple times, I just can't get into it.

Maybe today I will do another section (or two) of X10. They are hard though, so I will have to psych myself up for more than one section.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Kim
Old 05-28-20, 06:59 PM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug I'm such a big fan of slow and heavy..glad you love it too. It's fun going back to it! Did I tell you my daughter likes doing it with me? I hope you're giving yourself time to let that ankle heal. Did you figure out how you injured it?

cataddict the reasons you don't lik Kickmax are why I DO, lol. If I could rename it, I'd call it the Slow Rumble..bc that's what that workout is to me and when I like to use. I love Pyramid upper...i do Cathe's other lower body instead of Pyramid lower. I don't like it either. I am sending you soothing vibes...with everything we are all going thru, whenever more gets piled on it, well...it's just too much. Good for you for powering through.

Kim what you describe about needing to vary things is why I have such a huge collection..and why I NEED them all. I can only use workouts two weeks. When I see those long rotations my eyes glaze. I really want to..I just can't!!

Which reminds me, my Cathe collection has EXPLODED. I blame this Kittybug Kickbutt party. The most recent acquisitions are fantastic. Big fan of rotating 4DS upper and Legs and glutes. I'm having a hard time deciding whether I like Legs and Glutes more than Butts and Guts...I'm thinking I just might! The only thing I don't like are the few spots where she magically has all her equipment and I'm running to my remote to catch up. I haven't done any premixes. If I decide to hang here a little longer I might.

lavna we need posting on VF ..so thanks for joining in the conversation

manley great glutes extreme? Gracious!! And here I said who would do the extreme premix? And I DO someone who would do it...my great glute glutton Manley! Cheering you on!!

ChelePA it's great reading that you're getting closer to full speed.

Special to Kate

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 07:15 PM  
horusosiris

Waves to All!

Cataddict- Sorry that you had a tough week. Hopefully, next week will be better In Kickmax, I usually only do the leg conditioning drills. These drills are also good to add to some of the other leg conditioning that Cathe does in STS Meso one.

Linda- that was a cute post! Keep flexing!

Manelym- Yes, 4DS is a great workout. I love the premixes in this series. You are slaying your workouts. Great job!

Kittybug – you will like Amy's Slo Mo. It is a keeper. I hope that you feel better soon.

I have been doing too much online shopping because of our current situation. I have resolved to stay off of Amazon and HSN. I have to remind myself everyday but of course I turn on HSN and see a "have to have" and I always think of something that I need from Amazon.

Today I did the Cathe Live 299 PHA barbell. I enjoyed this workout. Cathe utilized a barbell throughout but it is easy to sub dumbbells. There was a bit more rest in this one because Cathe had to change the weights on the barbell therefore it was easier to use heavier weights. I can't believe it but next week will be Cathe's 300th live workout. Now this is a subscription that I have gotten my money's worth from.

I also did week4/day 4 of my eight-week program. – It was a lighter/higher rep leg and glute workout and then 15 minutes of rowing.

Have a wonderful Friday. It used to say TGIF but lately one day seems like another. This is the last week for my online courses that I teach!!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 08:13 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Waves to All!

Cataddict- Sorry that you had a tough week. Hopefully, next week will be better In Kickmax, I usually only do the leg conditioning drills. These drills are also good to add to some of the other leg conditioning that Cathe does in STS Meso one.

Linda- that was a cute post! Keep flexing!

Manelym- Yes, 4DS is a great workout. I love the premixes in this series. You are slaying your workouts. Great job!

Kittybug – you will like Amy's Slo Mo. It is a keeper. I hope that you feel better soon.

I have been doing too much online shopping because of our current situation. I have resolved to stay off of Amazon and HSN. I have to remind myself everyday but of course I turn on HSN and see a "have to have" and I always think of something that I need from Amazon.

Today I did the Cathe Live 299 PHA barbell. I enjoyed this workout. Cathe utilized a barbell throughout but it is easy to sub dumbbells. There was a bit more rest in this one because Cathe had to change the weights on the barbell therefore it was easier to use heavier weights. I can't believe it but next week will be Cathe's 300th live workout. Now this is a subscription that I have gotten my money's worth from.

I also did week4/day 4 of my eight-week program. – It was a lighter/higher rep leg and glute workout and then 15 minutes of rowing.

Have a wonderful Friday. It used to say TGIF but lately one day seems like another. This is the last week for my online courses that I teach!!
I was just thinking about Cathe’s 300th workout. It doesn’t seem possible and quite overwhelming. I bought a few downloads when she first offered them and it was really daunting to try to choose just a couple from so many available. It just amazes me that she can be so prolific.
Old 05-28-20, 08:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I was just thinking about Cathe’s 300th workout. It doesn’t seem possible and quite overwhelming. I bought a few downloads when she first offered them and it was really daunting to try to choose just a couple from so many available. It just amazes me that she can be so prolific.
I haven't done any of her lives but have to say that the DVDs I own of hers have so many options and ways to do rotations.
I would get overwhelmed trying to include her lives and keep it all straight!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in