Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-20, 02:27 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
NOT LIKE I AM EVER GOING TO DO IT.
ME EITHER!! I don't think I would make it! I'd be lying on the floor gasping for air!! Good for you Kittybug for doing ALL of X10! ALL.OF.IT!! You are truly the fiercest of us all and we are in AWE of your athletic prowess!

Kim have you bought or tried any more of Amy B's workouts? I think I'm going to check some out on Daily Motion - which doesn't open in Chrome BTW. It only opens for me using Explorer. Weird.

Cataddict now I'm hunting down Rebecca Small workouts and can only find them on Youtube. Nothing on Amazon, Ebay....probably for the best since I've recently acquired 9 Amy Bento dvds. But if you find a place to purchase Rebecca Small dvd's please enable! Cuz that's what we do!!

Yesterday was Great Glutes Extreme premix. LOVE!!

This morning I started learning PRS 1. Did pretty well UNTIL combo 5 and kept the remote in hand when learning combo 5 & 6. Didn't even try the finished product. Might later. At first I was wondering why Cathe was only using 1 riser per side instead of 2 and I wondered if I could use 2. Then I got into the workout and quickly realized there ain't NO WAY I could use 2!! I'm going to continue to learn it in the mornings and hopefully by the end of this week can do it for my workout. Rockout Knockout is today. I just love these workouts! Also been trying lots of different yoga/stretch workouts and instructors on YouTube and really liking them. I'm doing some kind of YouTube yoga/stretch after each workout - usually a new-to-me instructor.

Bee so glad you found some equipment! How fun!! Let us know how you use it. I like Amy Dixon's BB 2 too. It's a good, hard workout! Yay for you for getting through it!

Crazy about all the masks. We just drove by my husband's (and my former) gym. Sign on the door says they're closed and don't know when they'll reopen. I told him he should freeze his membership. Who knows if he will or not.

Texas is opening to 50% restaurants (25% now) and 25% bars on Friday. I told my husband places are going to be PACKED since it's Memorial Day Weekend. I think gyms are open at 25%, day/child care facilities are opening back up (they'll be packed!!) and I can't remember what else. It will be interesting to see how it goes. We're still being pretty cautious. I want to wait to see how things go before jumping back in.

Waves to Nathalie, KateTT, and anyone else I accidently missed!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 05:49 PM  
Mickey12

Bee I also like the way Kittybug got us going through the Cathe workouts like this. It has definitely made me do workouts that I haven’t done in years and would have continuous pass over because I didn’t want to push myself.

I was looking at Dressed up Drills recently at Mary’s site but it didn’t call out to me. I’m glad you woke up in time to realize you almost chose the wrong workout. I think I like Amy Dixon’s Breathless Body2 better than the first one, but they’re really close. I bought BB4 at Mary’s last sale but I haven’t done it yet.

Manleym, yes, I bought 9 new DVDs this week, but only 7 of them are Amy Bento. You have me beat! Two from Mary came today, 4 from Collage shipped today (only two of those are Amy) and 3, all Amy, are coming from eBay. They’re all hi/lo or kickbox, I didn’t get any weight ones.

The weather was great today so I went for a walk with my husband instead of doing a new Amy. I might do a Cathe tomorrow or Amy, not sure which yet.

I’m feeling really tight and bound up lately and I realized I haven’t done any yoga in a long, long time. I need to get some in my routine soon.

Have a great evening, all.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 06:21 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quick drive-by girls....I ~tried~ to do that Rebecca Small Step Mechanic on YouTube and at about the 32-minute mark, GRRRRRR, my streaming thingy crapped out on me! I was having fun too and felt like I was dancing away! So I then put in a Party Rockin' Step short premix, about 30 minutes with two combos each from workouts 1 and 2 to finish out my workout time. It was a very low-intensity day for me which I needed because my ankles and feet are still talking to me from Sunday!!

Manleym, I am NOT the most fierce, hah hah hah!! But thanks for saying that! And hey, now I too am wondering where I can get that Rebecca workout on DVD, dang it! And yay, we did the same workout yesterday, that makes me happy to know I wasn't alone! Isn't Great Glutes Extreme awesome??

Kim, I looked at my shelf of the Cathe workouts we've come through so far and realized HOW FAR we've come, wow!! That made me feel so good to see alllllll these workouts we've conquered!

Oh, Bee, TRX, lucky YOU! I know ZIP about how to use those but what I've seen looks fantastic and like it gets places you can't get from traditional training!

KateTT, Kick Max leg drills with ankle weights??? You wanna talk fierce, THAT IS FIERCE! Congrats on your weight loss and hitting the ceiling with your jumping. You rock!!

Tomorrow will be Flex Train, yay!!! It's been ages since I did that one. I might not get to post tomorrow so if not, I'll catch you all on the day after! Stay fierce!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 07:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi friends!

Yesterday was kind of a rest day. I did some walking inside. It was hard to get it together with our nasty weather from the tropical storm. All I feel like doing is sleeping when it's really rainy and windy.

Today I did Push/Pull from the Body Blast series. This is a short and sweet total muscle workout, not too tough which is okay since I did Supersets two days ago and didn't want to go full bore. I followed it with Marcus Irwin's Step Tools on You Tube. Fun! I feel worked out but not exhausted.

kittybug, bummer about the internet problem that interrupted Rebecca Small! It is fun, as is the one I did today by Marcus Irwin. So if you are able to get good internet his is a winner too.

kittybug and manleym, I looked years ago for any Evolution DVDs and haven't ever seen them, on Ebay or anywhere else. I would be fine with VHS too but I "think" these were released on DVD. At least the ones I have by Rob Glick are. I would love to have any of them, but I've pretty much given up.

Kim, Enjoy your new DVDs! I have Dressed Up Drills and like Kristen's workouts. She did two as the lead, but also was a background stepper for Seasun Zieger. They aren't terribly difficult, but I still get a good workout and Kristen has a good personality IMHO.

KateTT, I am close to High Step training. I don't have a high step, so I use a 10 inch step for some moves and a stool that's roughly 16 inches high for others. It was a tough workout, IIRC. It's been awhile since I've done it. There's no way I would do Kick Max with an ankle weight! Good on you if you can manage it. You are my nomination for fiercest of this group!! Although kittybug and her X77 workout puts her right up there too!

bee, great score on the squat rack!

lavna, I'm a bit disappointed that the Lives schedule is now being repeated. I guess all things come to an end! Still, I'm grateful that she offered so many of these for free so truly I'm not complaining.

Waves to all! Tomorrow is Hair Day! Grey, begone!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 08:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

Just want to pipe up and say I have JOMO as far as X77..y'all have all the fun you want with that while I shake my pom-pom.

I had FOMO with 4 day split and KPC & legs and glutes...so I'm doing a combo of these this week.

Definitely wanted to echo how much I loved Great glutes. And enjoyed exploring the premixes of Supersets and push pull! I ended up liking Supersets as intended And it's upper body premix. I actually really loved the push pull total body premix...it got three hearts in my book, lol.

Off to try legs and glutes!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 10:06 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Just want to pipe up and say I have JOMO as far as X77..y'all have all the fun you want with that while I shake my pom-pom.

I had FOMO with 4 day split and KPC & legs and glutes...so I'm doing a combo of these this week.

Definitely wanted to echo how much I loved Great glutes. And enjoyed exploring the premixes of Supersets and push pull! I ended up liking Supersets as intended And it's upper body premix. I actually really loved the push pull total body premix...it got three hearts in my book, lol.

I have done X77 a few times. I always feel soooo accomplished afterwards! I usually try to do it on my birthday as a challenge

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts since I've been MIA. It was a crazy few days. On Friday, we celebrated my daughter's Sweet 16. She was a little down about being in quarantine. Her best friend organized a car parade with about 8 of her friends. If you know my daughter, she is very quiet especially socially. Well this just made her day!!! She couldn't stop smiling afterwards. In the evening, we surprised her by having family come over to sing happy birthday. We wore masks and kept our distance. I had the local ice cream shop precut a cake and pack in containers for each family member. It definitely lifted her spirits since she's been stuck with mom and dad for the last 2 months

From the high to the low the following morning. My mom is 72 years old and lives alone by choice. My siblings and I have asked her to move in multiple times. She's also old school and leaves her doors open despite my warnings!!! Well, Friday evening someone came into her house while she was sleeping and took her purse. I was so overwhelmed with what could have been....She lucked out because I think the newspaper delivery person must have scared him off when she came around 3 am because my mom's purse was found under the car and hadn't been disturbed. No credit cards for her, cash and checks only. Well there was over 500 dollars in her purse that wasn't taken. Local police weren't much help. He left a beer can on her front porch and they said they couldn't get fingerprints??? So I asked my mom to stay with me a few days until we got security all set and some motion lights in place. NOPE! She said as long as I lock my doors nothing will happen. UGH! Motion lights are in place and security system should be done this week. She's not too happy with any of this but I can't relax until it's all done.

On top of this, she returned to work Monday. She's the only one wearing a mask. And to be honest, I doubt she's wearing it all the time. I know her well. She's somewhat laid back about the virus too. Fun stuff!!!

On a more positive note, I had an x-ray today of my foot and it has healed nicely! No more boot and I can slowly start exercising again. Yippee!!!

I did Cathe's Live Cardio Fusion but kept it low impact. Still using the chair for some of it...like jumping jacks, etc. I also did a crazy core workout from friend at the Y. It was 30 minutes- isometric exercises -where you hold the position for one minute and rest 10 seconds. She kept saying I hope this isn't too easy!!! And I was talking to the video saying please let the rest buzzer go off....haha.

Hoping to catch up on the older posts. I'm sure you are all killing it as usual!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 10:33 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Quick drive-by girls....I ~tried~ to do that Rebecca Small Step Mechanic on YouTube and at about the 32-minute mark, GRRRRRR, my streaming thingy crapped out on me!
BOO, HISS!!! That's so frustrating!

And YES - LOVE Great Glutes!! It IS fun that we both did it Monday! Love when we do the same workouts on the same day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
kittybug and manleym, I looked years ago for any Evolution DVDs and haven't ever seen them, on Ebay or anywhere else. I would be fine with VHS too but I "think" these were released on DVD. At least the ones I have by Rob Glick are. I would love to have any of them, but I've pretty much given up.
Sounds like we're out of luck. But keeps me from FOMO if they're not available. BUT I've never tired Rob Glick.....

Hope your hair appointment goes well Cataddict

Kim, I have Dressed Up Drills. I've done it once and liked it. If I remember correctly, it's a very versatile workout with LOTS of premixes. And there's a bodyweight section, which I like because I don't have that many bodyweight workouts.

Fanofladyvols let us know what you think of 4DS and L&G. I don't think you'll be sorry that you bought them.

Yesterday I did Rockout Knockout with the heavy bag bonus. I used light hand weights for the cardio part and then weighted gloves for the rest of the workout, including the heavy bag bonus since I don't have a heavy bag. Wow! Adding the bonus and wearing the weighted gloves for most of the workout really intensified it! For me this is just a fun workout! I like how the music works with the moves - very on beat, just seems to work.

Today I'm going to keep learning PRS 1 and do Lean Legs & Abs. I was just reading 2 Lazy's review and she suggested increasing weights (which I did with Great Glutes too - not sure why Cathe only uses 8's in these workouts ) AND wearing a weighted vest to increase the intensity. 2 Lazy said LL&A feels more like a recovery workout, and I remember it not being super tough or intense. And it will give me an excuse to wear my weighted vest.

Waves to all!
Old 05-20-20, 10:44 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I have done X77 a few times. I always feel soooo accomplished afterwards! I usually try to do it on my birthday as a challenge

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts since I've been MIA. It was a crazy few days. On Friday, we celebrated my daughter's Sweet 16. She was a little down about being in quarantine. Her best friend organized a car parade with about 8 of her friends. If you know my daughter, she is very quiet especially socially. Well this just made her day!!! She couldn't stop smiling afterwards. In the evening, we surprised her by having family come over to sing happy birthday. We wore masks and kept our distance. I had the local ice cream shop precut a cake and pack in containers for each family member. It definitely lifted her spirits since she's been stuck with mom and dad for the last 2 months

From the high to the low the following morning. My mom is 72 years old and lives alone by choice. My siblings and I have asked her to move in multiple times. She's also old school and leaves her doors open despite my warnings!!! Well, Friday evening someone came into her house while she was sleeping and took her purse. I was so overwhelmed with what could have been....She lucked out because I think the newspaper delivery person must have scared him off when she came around 3 am because my mom's purse was found under the car and hadn't been disturbed. No credit cards for her, cash and checks only. Well there was over 500 dollars in her purse that wasn't taken. Local police weren't much help. He left a beer can on her front porch and they said they couldn't get fingerprints??? So I asked my mom to stay with me a few days until we got security all set and some motion lights in place. NOPE! She said as long as I lock my doors nothing will happen. UGH! Motion lights are in place and security system should be done this week. She's not too happy with any of this but I can't relax until it's all done.

On top of this, she returned to work Monday. She's the only one wearing a mask. And to be honest, I doubt she's wearing it all the time. I know her well. She's somewhat laid back about the virus too. Fun stuff!!!

On a more positive note, I had an x-ray today of my foot and it has healed nicely! No more boot and I can slowly start exercising again. Yippee!!!

I did Cathe's Live Cardio Fusion but kept it low impact. Still using the chair for some of it...like jumping jacks, etc. I also did a crazy core workout from friend at the Y. It was 30 minutes- isometric exercises -where you hold the position for one minute and rest 10 seconds. She kept saying I hope this isn't too easy!!! And I was talking to the video saying please let the rest buzzer go off....haha.

Hoping to catch up on the older posts. I'm sure you are all killing it as usual!
Wow ChelePA! You've had ALOT going on!!! I'm glad you posted because I was thinking last night that we haven't heard from you in a couple of days. Glad to get an update.

I LOVE what ya'll did for your daughter's birthday!! How very, very special! I know she felt so loved and celebrated!!

And I am SO SORRY to hear someone walked into your mom's house in the middle of the night!! How VERY scary but how FORTUNATE and THANKFUL she wasn't hurt and her purse was found with everything in it!! I know you were just beside yourself with what could have been! But SO THANKFUL that it wasn't!! And good for you for making her get motion lights and a security system set up. She may not be happy, but her safety and your peace of mind are FAR more important! That's ridiculous the police wouldn't help! So incredibly frustrating!!

I'm so glad you're boot-free! I know it feels so good not to be clomping around in that thing! And now you can get back to workouts and normal day activities. YAY!!
Old 05-20-20, 12:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello!! Happy Hump Day.....

Linda, I like the way you "crossed threads" and brought it the JOMO and FOMO. I feel the same!

Kim, manleym is right, I do remember Dressed Up Drills having a bunch of different premixes -- I really should try it again and see if I'd like it better now that I'm in better cardio shape.

ChelePA, I was so happy to hear about your daughter's birthday celebration -- it sounds so sweet. Definitely one to be remembered, for better or worse. But then your mom's experience -- awful! So scary for you, too, of course. Great idea on the motion sensor lights. I'll make a long story short but when we lived in San Francisco our door didn't always lock if the door wasn't closed really tightly. We had someone walk into our house around 2:30am after St. Patrick's Day. It was horrible -- so much adrenaline and my husband was manhandling the guy. But in the end I think it was just a poor drunk guy who stumbled into the wrong house on his way home from the bar. Oh, and a big congratulations on your healed foot -- that is fantastic news!!

cataddict, I have you to thank for my workout this morning. I was meant to do Trisets upper body, but I watched the preview and saw all those pushup variations and plank work and I just wasn't feeling it. I'm ok with some amount of that type of work, but if it seems to dominate the workout I just don't like it. So, I remembered your post about Push Pull and decided to do the upper body premix -- I did two rounds. Could have done three probably, but I do have that dread of repeats, so stuck with two and it was fine. I do like that she did the repeat in pairs -- that somehow made it better for me. All that made me think about Fit Splits again -- I think in another week or two I will do the Fit Splits rotation -- maybe for at least a couple of weeks or so.

Waves all around!!
Old 05-20-20, 02:16 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Linda, I missed you sooo much! Your posts really make me laugh out loud!!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in