Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-10-20, 05:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sherry - As long as it's not A Part of You and Me which I got on a Kindle special, I'd love it. Thanks!

I'm reading A Conspiracy of Kings by Mary Beth Whalen, the next in The Thief series. It's good. She loops back to a character who was in the first book.

And, I'm reading Above the Bay of Angels by Rhys Bowen. It's good as well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 05:39 PM  
sherry7899

Laura, it is that book! Darn!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 05:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It figures! Oh well. Thanks for the offer. I hope it's good.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 09:50 PM  
BunnyHop

Read Charles Finch's newest The Last Passenger. I like the Charles Lenox series enough that I've reread most of it several times. There are now 13 books now, and I tend to find something else to read by the time I get through eight or nine of them in a row, LOL!

Also read Lillian Boxfish takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney and Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde.

Most recently listened to Ready Player One read by Will Wheaton. Entertaining, but now I keep imagining that the main character looks like him instead of whatever it was I used to imagine. Kind of distracting.

Also been reading some things about EFT, the tapping solution and a few others. Does it help? Not sure, but grasping at straws and these were at the library.

Still hunting for my copy of Bravetart's cookbook. Sigh. Don't need those empty calories at all, but I want to find it.
Old 03-12-20, 08:35 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I finished "American Dirt" and it actually wasn't a bad book at all (once I got past the clichés in the beginning). Very sad though.

I also read the "Dark Pattern" (The Naturalist Book 4). I've really enjoyed this series by Andrew Mayne. The main character is quirky and likeable. There's science information mixed in which makes them very interesting. I just started "Angel Killer: A Jessica Blackwood Novel" which is his previous series. There was a tie-in to it at the end of Dark Pattern.

I also just started "Oona Out of Order: A Novel" which is about a young woman that is about to turn 19 who faints and wakes up 32 years in her future body. She continues to "bounce" around in her life. I like books with this theme for some reason. One of my favorite books of all time is "Replay" by Ken Grimwood about a man that dies at the age of 43 but keeps "waking up" again at the age of 18 over and over again.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 08:52 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
It figures! Oh well. Thanks for the offer. I hope it's good.
I did like the book very much, yes.

Old 03-22-20, 08:40 AM  
wendug

I'm reading Michelle Obama's memoir Becoming. So far it is very inspiring to hear how driven she was as a child. I'm up to the point where she has met Barack and he is in law school.

Also, I've read The Hottest State by Ethan Hawke recently. I didn't know what to expect from an actor writing fiction, but I enjoyed it!

With all the self isolation going on, what are you reading right now?
Old 03-22-20, 08:47 AM  
Carol K

I'm still reading The Testaments and it is SO good. I'm enjoying this far more than I remember enjoying The Handmaid's Tale years ago.
Old 03-22-20, 08:53 AM  
sherry7899

I am reading a psychological suspense book called "You are not Alone" by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen.

I have "The Liberation of Brigid Dunne" by Patricia Scanlan to read soon.

Old 03-22-20, 09:02 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I'm still reading The Testaments and it is SO good. I'm enjoying this far more than I remember enjoying The Handmaid's Tale years ago.
I finished that about a month ago...it IS so good! I'm contemplating re-reading her Maddaddam trilogy about a pandemic and climate change and then think...would that just make me more anxious? I should be reading something to take my mind off all this craziness!

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, spring reading