Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-20, 12:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yes, I could push myself with it but the last set of tricep dips I quit when she said toast..bc I was toasted!

The premixes on Push pull really increase the value of this workout. Not all premixes will do that for a DVD but these do.

Ok I will look at those superset premixes and see which one calls me. I personally prefer Supersets of the two workouts as they were originally designed. We shall see how I feel comparing premixes of the workouts.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 02:43 PM  
manleym

Sorry I'm just now jumping in. I had a tooth removed yesterday (I broke it) so that's why I had to rearrage the workout schedule.

Kittybug, I'm so glad you liked legs and glutes as much as I did! It is a gem! I knew you'd do the 80 mintue premix! You are a rockstar!

Thanks for the heads up about the dvds freezing. What a P.A.I.N....
I will have to pay attention to that. Thankfully I have an old dvd/VCR combo hooked up to our TV so if the dvd doesn't work in our blueray player I can switch it over.

I did Step Jump and Pump on Saturday, knowing I wouldn't workout on Monday. I just did the regular workout - no premixes.

I'm hoping to do Push Pull or Supersets today. Shouldn't bother my mouth since there's no jumping.

Thanks for all of the updates! Even though my schedule is off for a few days, I'm still reading the posts and doing the workouts - just in a different order cuz of this stupid tooth.....should be back on track soon.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 02:52 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Sorry I'm just now jumping in. I had a tooth removed yesterday (I broke it) so that's why I had to rearrage the workout schedule.

Kittybug, I'm so glad you liked legs and glutes as much as I did! It is a gem! I knew you'd do the 80 mintue premix! You are a rockstar!

Thanks for the heads up about the dvds freezing. What a P.A.I.N....
I will have to pay attention to that. Thankfully I have an old dvd/VCR combo hooked up to our TV so if the dvd doesn't work in our blueray player I can switch it over.

I did Step Jump and Pump on Saturday, knowing I wouldn't workout on Monday. I just did the regular workout - no premixes.

I'm hoping to do Push Pull or Supersets today. Shouldn't bother my mouth since there's no jumping.

Thanks for all of the updates! Even though my schedule is off for a few days, I'm still reading the posts and doing the workouts - just in a different order cuz of this stupid tooth.....should be back on track soon.
OMG! OW!!! You take it easy, holy moly, that's just no fun!!! I'd be opting for Netflix and chilling in bed instead of working out if it were me, hah!! So YOU are the rock star! Hopefully you won't have the freezing issue I did though, because I wouldn't wish that on anybody!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 04:25 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yipes Manley!! shooo woman I'd take it easy!

Kittybug, I'm going to either do the first premix or the third premix if I decide to skip core. I don't think I cared for 2B exercises so won't be doing any premix that repeats it.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 01-28-20, 06:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just got done with Step Blast and had a big silly grin on my face the entire time. I just love that workout! As an aside, I'm noticing my month of the Intensity Series really upped my strength and endurance. I usually dread those air jacks/tuck jumps at the end of the Step Blast Challenge, but today, I felt like they were much easier than normal!

Fanofladyvols, it's been so long since I did Super Sets that I don't remember anything about it! I'll have to see what I think of the 2B exercises when I get there!
Old 01-28-20, 06:30 PM  
manleym

Ha Ha! I know! My husband told me yesterday, "You CAN'T workout!" And believe me, I didn't!

Just finished Push Pull regular workout - no premix. It was perfect for today. Not too intense but I was moving and working muscles.

I fastforwarded through the upper body x 3 premix and didn't notice any issues, but since I was fastforwarding I may not see them.

I do remember that several of the LITE dvds have problems with premixes. It's the scrambled premixes where a section is supposed to repeat but it doesn't. Sounds like some of the premixes have issues.

Kittybug, I'm so glad Step Blast was a blast! LOL! Looking forward to doing that one (except for the tuck jumps).

Thanks for letting me hang in there with ya'll! It's helping to keep me going!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-20, 07:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yowsa, today I did the Supersets premix of two rounds, 75 minutes (1A, 1B, 1B, 2A, 2B, 2B) and holy moly do I feel fried!! What the...??? Now I remember...I never liked this workout or Pull/Pull in their original forms, but I never thought to use the premixes, which are just freaking awesome! It's only taken me years, hah! And I didn't have any freezing issues, go figure! Now I'm wondering what the upper body blast premix on Supersets is. Hmm...

Fanofladyvols, I do see what you mean on the B's...they're not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure. But I enjoyed them!

Manleym....I hope you're feeling better?
Old 01-29-20, 10:56 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Ohhhh, I wasn't even thinking about chin-ups...that's a good point, thank you! I'd want/need equipment I don't have room for, sigh. Some day.....
I've completed STS twice without a squat rack. I used a weighted vest for meso 3, and substituted chin-ups and pushups with whatever I could cobble together at the time to make it work. I think I used a broom handle one time on top of two tall chairs one time for partial chin-ups. You can sub other weighted exercises for those things as well.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-20, 01:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kittybug, ended up needing a rest day yesterday but will do Supersets today and edit my post here with my thoughts. Perhaps I should have worn my Wonder woman tank during cardio yesterday too?

Old 01-30-20, 01:28 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kittybug, ended up needing a rest day yesterday but will do Supersets today and edit my post here with my thoughts. Perhaps I should have worn my Wonder woman tank during cardio yesterday too?
Hah hah...I actually feel REALLY sore today and like I want to sleep more...where is my Wonder Woman tank??? KPC is on my schedule today which should be fun and pick me back up!

Ealakey, thank you for the input on your experience with STS! That's something I'll keep in mind for sure!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in