Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-19, 04:35 AM  
Dabbadooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
A few days ago I got a 3-pack of kettlebells (5, 10 and 15 pounds) at Aldi for $20. I had skipped over the whole kettlebell craze but am now having fun acquiring kettlebell workouts
Just saw this at my Aldi for 14.99. If it's still there today I'm going to pick it up.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 07:39 AM  
hocuspocus

Paul Katami!!! How exciting, what a find!
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 06:12 PM  
difit

The Friends of the Library were having a half-price book sale. They usually have workout videos. I got:

Power Cardio Series - Zuzka Light. (It's a 3-Dvd series but they only had Disc 1.) I was curious about the Zuzka Light so I got it
Rockin Body (Rock it out, Hard core abs, Booty time) - Shaun T
Walk Away the Pounds 5 day fit walk - Leslie Sansone

They had some Jillian Micheal's, a Rodney Yea that I already had, some Pilates. I was hoping for some yoga workout that I didn't have.

Since it was half price I got each Dvd for .50 cents

On my way home I decided to stop at a Goodwill store that I don't go very often since it's on the other side town from where I live.

I found a Piyo basic set for $3. It was missing one of the disk that had Define: Lower/Upper body, Sweat, and Align the fundamentals but I bought it anyway. I have been wanting to try Piyo and I was thrilled to finally found something worth finding.

That was the only workout they had so I walked around to see if they had any exercise equipment. Nope, but I did come across a Technique Flame stoneware vertical chicken roaster in excellent condition for $2. I bought it too.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 12:27 PM  
Pam

Found yesterday a copy of Chalean Extreme Circuit Training for $5

A Suggestion: Take a fast look in the CD section in thrift stores. Yesterday I did and found a copy of the Body Beast And PX90X3 sets. The cases being the same as CDs cases, and the person doing the sorting are not VFers, they mistakenly are put in with the CDs.

I didn’t move these sets to the DVD section in the thrift store, and didn’t purchase as I already have them, so they will probably will remain there for awhile. If anyone is interested write me and I will give you the address of the store. It’s west of Denver (Lakewood?). The cases looked new, but I didn’t check to see if all the DVDs were there.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 03:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Found yesterday a copy of Chalean Extreme Circuit Training for $5

A Suggestion: Take a fast look in the CD section in thrift stores. Yesterday I did and found a copy of the Body Beast And PX90X3 sets. The cases being the same as CDs cases, and the person doing the sorting are not VFers, they mistakenly are put in with the CDs.

I didn’t move these sets to the DVD section in the thrift store, and didn’t purchase as I already have them, so they will probably will remain there for awhile. If anyone is interested write me and I will give you the address of the store. It’s west of Denver (Lakewood?). The cases looked new, but I didn’t check to see if all the DVDs were there.
ITA with this - i got several of the BB sets this way - Tai Cheng, 21DF, BBL Deluxe, and a couple others.

another tip is to look in the DVD Boxed set areas - i got 21DFX in this area - sealed too. it was sandwiched in between a trove of Korean drama boxed sets.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 09:06 PM  
wendug

At my local Salvation Army they had quite a few good times firms (standing legs, 5 day abs, maximum body shaping, fat blaster, form pointers), plus many bss era firms brand new. I have most of the workouts already so left them on the shelf. The were marked 3 bucks each. I was surprised to see so many early firm workouts at one time. I usually see a pink firm or two at most.
Old 02-21-19, 09:10 PM  
CharM

I was surprised to see Barre3 Total Body Lift at Goodwill over the weekend. I already own this workout as a download so I didn't buy it. I forgot to look at the CD section. d'oh! Thanks for the tip, Pam!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 09:39 PM  
jusca

Sealed P90X+ for $3.99.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 08:51 AM  
dnna

at Savers
Barre 3
Ballet Boot Camp
Studio Shape
Ballet Fit
Standing Slim
Burner

perfect , like new 3 dollars each
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 01:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

acquired from goodwill, $2.99 each:

Shaun T's Cize disk 1 with folder and literature - I needed these exact items from this set, having recd the Cize discs 2 & 3 earlier from A Generous VFer. my set is complete!

*Mari Winsor Slimming Pilates Maximum Fat Burning (Gaiam)

*Mari Winsor Slimming Pilates Short Cut to Slim (Gaiam)

*these were add-ons/deluxe DVDs to her basic kit that came with the gadget, and my set is almost complete.

from BookOff, a used bookstore:
Egoscue Pain Free Workout Series, 2 DVD set, $2.50

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm 6 pack, indo board, thrift store finds, vytas baskauskas, winsor slimming pilates