Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-19, 07:15 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I tried it and was totally unimpressed. There was a very small amount for what you pay. It was dry and hard to apply and it quickly fell out of the applicator rendering it useless.

I was totally underwhelmed by everything I bought. Never again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loric View Post
I've tried several Thrive cosmetics and the only one I've repurchased several times is the mascara, which I love! The eyeliner, brow liner & lip gloss were all just meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
The eyeliner is terrible but I like the mascara. It is the only mascara other than the L’Oréal double extend that doesn’t smudge onto my under eye area. The lipstick tastes funny to me and the eye brightening stick is not worth the price. I am not sure why I bought it because a good concealer does the same thing.
Thank you, ladies. I guess it looked too good to be true. I currently use Mally's eyeliners and love them. The only other eyeliners I've used that do a good job and stay put are cheap Revlon liners.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 07:32 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Thank you, ladies. I guess it looked too good to be true. I currently use Mally's eyeliners and love them. The only other eyeliners I've used that do a good job and stay put are cheap Revlon liners.
Demeris, in fairness I didn’t try the mascara.

lreidgreen, I don’t know why I bought the brightening stick either! I don’t even use concealer. I put it up to the lure of FB ads they can be like a siren seducing the sailor.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 01-14-19 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Darn autocorrect
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 08:10 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
I use the skin recovery toner and like it a lot.
Thank you.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 01:12 PM  
donnamp

Anna - I so wanted the Vanicream Lite lotion to work for my face (bargain!!!) but it was too heavy for me, too. You may have good luck with Neutrogena Oil free sensitive - although for some reason it burned my eyes - it was otherwise good for me. I also liked the Differin Moisturizer although that one is a bit oily.

You may also like this DML Lotion - I heard about it on Dr. Dray's channel and she describes it is being more watery than the vanicream lite.

https://www.amazon.com/DML-Moisturiz...1&keywords=DML

I'm still doing well with the cold cream cleanser and the witch hazel toner. My skin is certainly no worse for it - and in fact, may be a little clearer. I'm thinking b/c it is actually taking off my make-up, sunscreen and dirt/oil better than the other cleansers I was using.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 01:58 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Anna - I so wanted the Vanicream Lite lotion to work for my face (bargain!!!) ...
Right?

Not quite such a bargain once I factor in the giant zit that formed.

Live and learn.

Thanks for the extra suggestions.
Old 01-14-19, 05:41 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Demeris, in fairness I didn’t try the mascara.

lreidgreen, I don’t know why I bought the brightening stick either! I don’t even use concealer. I put it up to the lure of FB ads they can be like a siren seducing the sailor.
LOL about FB ads. I just got sucked into buying Yoga Burn from a FB ad the other day. I KNEW I should have checked here first but it was free....except for the shipping. Arg. I should have known better
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 03:27 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
LOL about FB ads. I just got sucked into buying Yoga Burn from a FB ad the other day. I KNEW I should have checked here first but it was free....except for the shipping. Arg. I should have known better
I almost got pulled in with that one. I put it off and the ad never popped back up. So I'm good!!
Old 01-15-19, 03:57 PM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Bluebelle & Kitty Have either of you or anyone else here tried these toners from Paula's Choice?

https://www.paulaschoice.com/skin-re...toner/125.html

https://www.paulaschoice.com/resist-...toner/767.html
I bought the skin recovery toner for my 15 year old daughter (Differin gel has cleared up her face, but made it really dry and red) and this worked great for her. I borrowed it a couple times and loved it so I bought my own. I love the way it feels!
Old 01-16-19, 09:09 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I bought the skin recovery toner for my 15 year old daughter (Differin gel has cleared up her face, but made it really dry and red) and this worked great for her. I borrowed it a couple times and loved it so I bought my own. I love the way it feels!
I ordered the skin recovery toner the other day. I consulted with the PC team and told them what I had been using and inquired which product was the most similar and that's what they recommended. It should be in this week.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 12:49 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
I am in my mid 40s in the midst of Perimenopause and my skin bounces back and forth between scaly dry and hormonal breakouts. I am sensitive to most products and moisturizers break me out. I have tried many natural products. While switching to a WFPB diet made my skin glow, it didn't get rid of the sensitivity or hormonal breakouts. I've been using Deciem The Ordinary's anti-aging regimen and it has changed my skin texture and seems to be aging backwards. My routine is AM - after cleansing: Buffet (or Matrixyl & Argiriline), Marine Hyaluronics, followed by Natural Moisturizing Factors. PM- after cleansing: Buffet, Retinoid 2% in Squalane followed by Hemi Squalane or Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil and Natural Moisturizing Factors. When I start to breakout I use their Niacinimide and it clears everything up within 1 day. I am impressed with their products, prices, and ingredients.
My skin is sensitive, and for me it's the fragrance. Natural products don't work either because most contain essential oils, which are also fragrance. The Ordinary is fragrance free, from what I can tell, and my skin has no reactions to it. I'd like to try the Niacinimide.

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin