Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-30-15, 01:46 PM  
sherry7899

This fall HBO will premiere two U2 specials- a concert film and a behind the scenes documentary. I hope they will release them on Dvd. We do not subscribe to HBO.

If anyone missed the wonderful Foo Fighters series. "SONIC HIGHWAYS" it is now on Dvd. It is only 16 dollars for the whole series on Amazon. They may film a European version.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 02:41 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Sherry, Sonic Highways was really well done. I'll be looking forward to the U2. Their last concert was visually stunning. I'd compare it to a Broadway play. The sound was the best I've ever herd in a large venue. We sat near the lighting and video guys. The computer set up was incredible.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-15, 06:38 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygreatdane View Post
Sherry, Sonic Highways was really well done. I'll be looking forward to the U2. Their last concert was visually stunning. I'd compare it to a Broadway play. The sound was the best I've ever herd in a large venue. We sat near the lighting and video guys. The computer set up was incredible.
I am glad you had such a great time!

For anyone with Netflix, they now have "The Wrecking Crew" and "Twenty Feet from Stardom" which was really enjoyable. Also, check out the specials on Harry Nilsson and Paul Williams (he wrote tons of hits).

Sherry

Old 08-09-15, 06:56 PM  
wendug

Just wanted to chime in that although I haven't seen the Amy Winehouse movie yet, I did see the special "One Shining Night" that was mentioned and really enjoyed it. I can't remember the name of the small village where it was recorded, but I definitely want to visit there!

Also, the new Dennis Leary show Sex & Drugs & Rock and Roll looked awful to me so I haven't watched it. I read a review that just skewered the show, too. I'm glad to hear some of you like it, though.

No concerts on tap these days. I don't go to concerts much anymore unless it is someone I really want to see- Bjork is someone that comes to mind!

And Sonic Highways is amazing. Dave Grohl is such a talented musician and seems like an all around cool guy!
Old 08-09-15, 07:19 PM  
sherry7899

Wendy- glad to see you posting. I could have seen The Sugarcubes at a club in NYC when I was in college but I stupidly skipped it.

Old 08-09-15, 07:29 PM  
wendug

Sherry- I bet that Sugarcubes show would have been amazing!

I haven't posted much as it has been a rough few weeks with my cat Luna. She got sick and my husband and I eventually had to put her down. She was a b-day gift from my then boyfriend, now husband 18 years ago when we were living in Texas. She was a great cat and I miss her terribly. Luckily my two dogs are here to help cheer me up.
Old 08-10-15, 07:55 AM  
sherry7899

Wendy-sending hugs to you-I am so very, very sorry about Luna. I have been through it, and it's just terrible.

I also stupidly passed on seeing Sinead O'Connor, but the club she played at was in a really bad area. Oh, well....

I have not tried to watch "Sex Drugs and Rock and Roll" again. Maybe someday....

Sherry

Old 08-10-15, 12:46 PM  
wendug

Sherry- thanks for the kind words about Luna. She was named after a favorite band of mine. Well, she chose it herself. After throwing out several names, when I said, "Luna" she came bounding over to me!

That Sinead show would have been great. I listened to The Lion and the Cobra so much in high school. But I understand not wanting to go to a sketchy area. She has an amazing voice!
Old 08-10-15, 04:47 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Wendy - I'm so sorry about Luna. 18 years is a long time to have a friend. My guy is 20 and I'm grateful for every day I still have with him.

I got to see the Sugarcubes back in the day. Bjork's voice is amazing. Also a Sinead fan. I didn't get to see her either!

I've recorded Sex, Drugs & Rock & Roll. I haven't watched it again. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime. I'm interested in the Meryl Streep movie, Ricki & the Flash. Rick Springfield is the guartist in her band in the movie.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 05:12 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygreatdane View Post
Wendy - I'm so sorry about Luna. 18 years is a long time to have a friend. My guy is 20 and I'm grateful for every day I still have with him.

I got to see the Sugarcubes back in the day. Bjork's voice is amazing. Also a Sinead fan. I didn't get to see her either!

I've recorded Sex, Drugs & Rock & Roll. I haven't watched it again. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime. I'm interested in the Meryl Streep movie, Ricki & the Flash. Rick Springfield is the guartist in her band in the movie.
Thanks for the kind thoughts of my kitty. I hope your guy has many more years with you!

I'm jealous you were able to see the Sugarcubes back in the day! Bjork does have an amazing voice and her music is so unique! Her videos are awesome, too. She's definitely one of a kind!

Ricki and the Flash looks interesting just to see Meryl Streep and her daughter act together. That must have been a blast for them!

Tags
music, music geek