Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Late to Cathe STS party - using Kinecticflix (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=200179)

Jane C 01-30-14 12:27 PM

Late to Cathe STS party - using Kinecticflix

Hi All,

KinecticFlix just sent me the first 3 STS dvds - or at least that's what they look like - Meso 1, discs 1, 2, and 3.

I thought there were would be an overall explanation of the program, and a way to calculate the amount of weight to be used, but I didn't see it - did I rent the wrong dvd? Is it written somewhere? Can you help me?

Sorry if this has already been asked - I tried to search, I swear.

Thanks in advance.

poohpeggy 01-30-14 12:35 PM

Go to cathe.com/forums. There is a STS Forum which has a lot of info.

Jane C 01-30-14 12:58 PM

ppeggy - thanks. I guess I was a tad resistant, but I've risen to the challenge. Thanks for the push. :sun:

Zenara25 01-30-14 01:13 PM

Also there's the Workout Manager. http://cathe.com/workout/

You have to sign up for a free account to view. But it has a section called STS where you print out and calculate your 1RM. The 1RM is usually done weeks before you start STS. But I admit I've never done this. From the workout manager, I usually just print out the worksheets and keep track of what weights I used and if it was too easy or too hard etc.

horusosiris 01-30-14 02:09 PM

The STS Users Guide contained all of that information that you need but as previously mentioned there is an STS forum on Cathe.com. I think that you can also purchase and download a copy of the STS guide for $24.99 from the Cathe store. You probably can use some of the Cathe's discount coupons to get it too. Th best place though to get info is on the Cathe.com and the Workout Manager.

Fitstick 01-30-14 06:58 PM

And you don't really need to calculate your 1RM if you don't feel like it. I just launched right into the program. The workouts are fantastic! Hope you like it.

weener 01-30-14 07:37 PM

I no longer have the STS program - I have the user guide which looks brand new, if you want it - let me know :sun:

dbclark44 01-30-14 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitstick (Post 2355259)
And you don't really need to calculate your 1RM if you don't feel like it. I just launched right into the program. The workouts are fantastic! Hope you like it.

This is what I did too. I never did do the 1RM, never felt a need to. I had a pretty good idea of what weight I could use to get to failure having been lifting for years. I have to second Fitstick - the workouts are fantastic! She uses a lot of equipment in Meso 1 but the variety is awesome when she uses the ball, band, weights. Just a great weight workout.

horusosiris 01-30-14 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbclark44 (Post 2355316)
This is what I did too. I never did do the 1RM, never felt a need to. I had a pretty good idea of what weight I could use to get to failure having been lifting for years. I have to second Fitstick - the workouts are fantastic! She uses a lot of equipment in Meso 1 but the variety is awesome when she uses the ball, band, weights. Just a great weight workout.

I never did the one rep max testing either. I had an excellent idea of what my one rep max was from years of lifting. It is an excellent program, albeit that the workouts are a bit lengthy. I did three rotations of STS.

Jane C 02-02-14 02:18 AM

I used cathe's workout manager and took a stab at figuring the 1RMs for the first 3 DVDs. I did the first DVD tonight - really liked it.
Very calm cool and collected. I'm psyched.

Zenara25 02-02-14 08:31 AM

I'll be starting Meso 2 tomorrow :)

The 30 sec breaks are quite short during Meso 1. So on occasion I had to pause or rewind in order to get the proper equipment set up. By the end of the workout things are usually scattered everywhere:eek: But I love the results:love:

Have fun!!:sun:

Jane C 02-03-14 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weener (Post 2355275)
I no longer have the STS program - I have the user guide which looks brand new, if you want it - let me know :sun:

Christina mailed out today - thanks!

About to do Disc 2.:sun: