Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Shakeology (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=132759)

JackieB 04-24-09 09:15 AM

Shakeology

So I bought the chocolate from Stu. He had a sale last week (?) and I decided I could splurge and try it. I don't really care for the taste-it's super sweet. I'm kind of glad because I can't afford that habit!

Anyone else try it?

Jackie

mspina 04-24-09 09:24 AM

I'm addicted to it. I got GreenBerry, and I seriously love it. Which sort of annoys me, as I really wanted NOT to like it!!!!! :)

lindseylu8 05-08-09 01:27 PM

pulling up this older thread...Is anyone using shakeology? I am interested in it now that I read a thread on yayas that it is increasing energy for workouts. I have been super tired lately and my w/o's are being affected.

Any thoughts about shakeology?

Also, is it filling enough to fuel you for your workouts and you day/ morning/ whatever?

skyy2 05-08-09 01:39 PM

Is it a meal replacement? I haven't heard about it.

mspina 05-08-09 01:48 PM

I use it in a variety of ways, typically as a meal replacement / snack / pre-workout meal. Most of often I use it for b'fast, but have also had a Shakeology for dinner when it's getting really late (post kid ball game) and I need to have SOMETHING, but don't want a real meal that close to bed.

When I have in the AM, it lasts me for a solid 3 hours - I don't know how, as it's not very high cal (140, plus whatever you mix with it), but it's awesome in its staying power. My next order hasn't arrived yet and I've been trying to make my own version using the SuperFood Greens powder that I have and protein powder. Yuck. I'm spoiled now. :)

mspina 05-08-09 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyy2 (Post 1342153)
Is it a meal replacement? I haven't heard about it.

Shakeology

3ks 05-08-09 02:12 PM

What's the price? I don't see it. Thanks.

lindseylu8 05-08-09 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspina (Post 1342157)
I use it in a variety of ways, typically as a meal replacement / snack / pre-workout meal. Most of often I use it for b'fast, but have also had a Shakeology for dinner when it's getting really late (post kid ball game) and I need to have SOMETHING, but don't want a real meal that close to bed.

When I have in the AM, it lasts me for a solid 3 hours - I don't know how, as it's not very high cal (140, plus whatever you mix with it), but it's awesome in its staying power. My next order hasn't arrived yet and I've been trying to make my own version using the SuperFood Greens powder that I have and protein powder. Yuck. I'm spoiled now. :)

thank you for the info!!! I am close to caving on this (despite the price) as I am literally falling asleep at my desk lately....

lindseylu8 05-08-09 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ks (Post 1342173)
What's the price? I don't see it. Thanks.

I could be wrong but I believe its $119 for a 30 day supply:eek::eek::eek:

QueenCici 05-08-09 03:30 PM

I'm close to caving on it too. Do you need a blender? I workout after work so I don't know how much it would help my workout. I would probably drink it for breakfast for a kick start to the day. Or after my workout as a recovery. Would this work?

Cici