Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Can I get a list of all workouts that include pull ups/chin ups? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=163775)

pumptmuscle 04-05-11 07:36 AM

Can I get a list of all workouts that include pull ups/chin ups?

Can I get a list of all workouts that contain pull ups or chin ups? I haven't been using my Perfect Pullup bar as much as I should (I highly recommend getting one though). The only workouts I have right now that include them are Cross Pit and the Navy Seal workouts with the late Scott Helvenston. I believe there's at least one P90x that has them, too.

I've been having a lot of success with my informal upper body/lower body rotation and the pull ups I've been doing give such incredible results. It'd be great to have some standard workouts that include them. tia

mj476 04-05-11 08:29 AM

P90X Chest & Back
P90X Legs & Back
P90X Back & Biceps

Marcy

SpiritYogi 04-05-11 08:49 AM

Cathe's STS Mesocycle 2 has chin-ups and pull-ups in the Back & Biceps DVDs (disc 15, 18, 21, and 24).

On a side note, how do you like the Perfect Pullup bar, pumptmuscle? I have a power tower but am thinking about selling it and downsizing to a bar I can put over my entryway to save space.

lisarah 04-05-11 08:59 AM

Hey Bob, i don't have any dvd recommendations but wanted to ask where you purchased your perfect pull-up bar & how much you paid? tia

donnadc 04-05-11 09:34 AM

I've seen them at Ross stores for $19.99.

pattyd0319 04-05-11 09:44 AM

And if you don't want to buy the STS set, you can always download just the workouts you want for about 9.99 each. I got rid of STS a while back but recently downloaded PLYO legs Meso 3 and a couple of workouts from Meso 1.

pumptmuscle 04-05-11 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 1780508)
Cathe's STS Mesocycle 2 has chin-ups and pull-ups in the Back & Biceps DVDs (disc 15, 18, 21, and 24).

On a side note, how do you like the Perfect Pullup bar, pumptmuscle? I have a power tower but am thinking about selling it and downsizing to a bar I can put over my entryway to save space.

Thanks Marcy and Dena for the suggestions. Geez, as time goes on, I keep feeling like I need P90x more and more.

As for the Perfect Pullup bar, I love it! The swing arm allows you to pull yourself up from varying positions to make it easier or harder. Although they say there are just 3 positions, depending where you put your feet, it's adjustable to wherever you want.

It's perfect for super setting up or down. You can begin with a hard version then quickly transition into easier ones by moving your feet backwards of forwards to adjust. It's a really great way to work up to full pull ups or get in an incredible back workout.

I got mine at Target around the summer for $19.99 on clearance. I'm not sure if any stores would still have it but it's so worth it if you can find one. I believe it was originally $100 and I'd say even $50 would be a great deal for what it does. Of course, paying only $20 was much nicer than $50. :)

Blackadar 04-05-11 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj476 (Post 1780484)
P90X Chest & Back
P90X Legs & Back
P90X Back & Biceps

Marcy

Yep, if you want to do pull ups, P90X is the program for you!

SpiritYogi 04-05-11 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumptmuscle (Post 1780611)
As for the Perfect Pullup bar, I love it! The swing arm allows you to pull yourself up from varying positions to make it easier or harder. Although they say there are just 3 positions, depending where you put your feet, it's adjustable to wherever you want.

It's perfect for super setting up or down. You can begin with a hard version then quickly transition into easier ones by moving your feet backwards of forwards to adjust. It's a really great way to work up to full pull ups or get in an incredible back workout.

I got mine at Target around the summer for $19.99 on clearance. I'm not sure if any stores would still have it but it's so worth it if you can find one. I believe it was originally $100 and I'd say even $50 would be a great deal for what it does. Of course, paying only $20 was much nicer than $50. :)

Thanks for the info. I'll check around on-line and at local stores to see if I can find it. :)

Jane P. 04-05-11 12:51 PM

Cory Everson's Abs, Back and Biceps from her Basic Sculpting System series.
This is only on vhs, and I offered it in the Share the Wealth thread last month, as well as its sister tape: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. If anyone is interested, let me know.