Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

Leonana 04-10-20 12:59 PM

Yesterday was a rest day. I'm painting today, taking a break while I'm waiting for the walls to dry. Painting is really helping my mood, keeping distracted is working.

I've read that the projected numbers of deaths are much lower than they thought, and it's due to Americans being really good about social distancing. They expected 50% to comply, but 90% of us complied. I'm happy to read the encouraging news.

I am buying fresh fruit and vegetables, although all of them are in packages, I haven't bought anything loose. I did wear a mask to Trader Joe's yesterday. It was nice to get in early for the senior hour.

Donna, I did make an online order just now for Walmart. I can pick it up Sunday evening. What I like is that I can add to it. I tried to get things I thought we might need in the next two weeks, mostly personal care items.

Well, back to painting!

pgun3 04-10-20 08:01 PM

Ok ladies I finally did a workout today, only 20 min but better then nothing. I have a 30 trial of xtend barre and I did #1 it was pretty tough LOL because I am weak. My legs were sore.

Hope you are all staying healthy.

donnamp 04-11-20 07:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - Wyoming - this was a basic routine, but wow, using the step really raises my HR much more than doing "walking" workouts. So, I really should add step in more often!

Blessful Body - Soul Flow - this was a Pilates/Yoga inspired blend and was nice to do after the step.

Yesterday for my desk break I did Ellen's Quick Tone and then a short dog walk. It was windy and cold yesterday-

Today - hopefully another outdoor walk maybe something else.

Sherry - glad you are keeping busy - it does help. As annoying as work is sometimes, I find I struggle less during the week than on the weekends - during the week I have some structure to my day and I'm busier throughout the day with less time to think about things. I am glad people are complying with social distancing. I just wonder what happens when we all go back to normal - is it gone or does it come back?? I don't even want to go there!

pgun - I keep seeing ads for Xtend! I have been successful in ignoring them so far but for who knows how long? LOL!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

Leonana 04-11-20 12:25 PM

The living room turned out great, I am really loving it. There is one small spot I didn't get to. Today I sanded it, spackled and cleaned it. I will paint that section tomorrow. I guess that's one positive of the quarantine. I doubt I would have tackled it if I hadn't had extra time to fill. I've been struggling with how old my house was looking, thinking we didn't have the money to fix it up, but I didn't have the self-confidence to give it a go. Now I'm glad I did, it really makes the house look so much better and newer. And boy, prepping and painting is a serious workout, lol.

Donna, I think the plan is to have more testing in place. So if it resurges, we can test and quarantine only those who have the virus. They are implementing drive through testing at Walgreens and CVS, from what I've read. Also, antibody testing should be available in a short time, Dr. Fauci said days or weeks. That would be even more helpful, to know who is immune.

donnamp 04-12-20 11:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

I don't know what came over me but this morning I did:

Jessica Smith - Get Strong -Stepping Strength. I think I had only done this one once before. I used light weights 3lbs and 5lbs. It worked well - and I was pretty sweaty afterwards.

Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga - Breath & movement - this was very low key but good for after Stepping Strength.

We'll probably walk the dogs if the weather holds up and i may stretch again.

I hope everyone who celebrates has a Happy Easter! We watched church through Facebook.

Sherry - glad the LR turned out so well - all those house projects are workouts! Heck doing a good thorough cleansing is!!! :)

Waves, everyone!!

Donna

Leonana 04-12-20 12:20 PM

Finishing up on the living room today. As much as this wears me out, I don't think it's as good as workouts. The jeans are getting tight, but I'm probably eating too much.

Donna, great job on the strength workout! I really like that one. I usually go lighter than Jessica on the weights.

Leonana 04-13-20 11:10 PM

Today I decided to do a Jessica yoga workout, to stretch out the painting kinks. I did the second workout on the Gentle Yoga dvd, the stability and balance. It's a really good workout, not too difficult, but really stretches you out with stability and some slight toning.

Well, the pickup was okay, but I didn't get the one item I really needed, so had to go to a store anyway to find it. It was enzyme cleaner, one of our cats periodically goes outside of the box. It's behavioral, and fortunately he goes on the tile, but I need something for the grout. I ordered two bottles from Amazon, but won't get that for another week, and had run out. The smell can be bad, so for me this is a necessary item. So, I put on a mask and found some at Home Depot. But I couldn't get pick up from Home Depot, enzyme cleaners were delivery only, two weeks out. Yet they were in the store! I can't understand why I couldn't get them in a pickup. I have to admit, I'm a bit frustrated. At least I got my other items, and didn't have to go through Walmart for them, so at least that part worked. I'm finally stocked up enough that I don't have to go the store for another week, so that's good too. Oh well, first world problems!

donnamp 04-14-20 06:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

Again, I don't know what came over for me, but I did a weight workout today!
I was going to do Jessica's Get Strong - Strictly Strength - but that was 40 minutes and I was not that ambitious! I went with:

Jenny Ford - Total Body Weight Workout # 1 - it is around 30 minutes and I think was a good sub for Get Strong. It alternates lower and upper body exercises so your HR goes up. You could make this one as easy or as hard as you want to by increasing or decreasing the weights. Jenny has a modifier showing beginner and she also has a more advanced exerciser showing more advanced options.

I finished w/ Ky - Blessful Body - Upper Body Flow

Last night DD and I walked the dogs again.

Sherry - that is frustrating about having to go in the store after all that! we are supposed to get a grocery delivery today- we shall see what we actually get compared to what we ordered!

I may have to pull out some stretching for tomorrow - I have done 4 relatively hard workouts back to back - unusual for me! LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

donnamp 04-15-20 07:18 AM

Hi Everyone -

workouts for today:

Ellen - Barefoot Cardio - needed my Ellen fix for this week!
Jessica Valent - Open Your Heart (stretching routine)

Yesterday DD and I took a walk outdoors....today, same!

I didn't get to do any sparking this week b/c I have been working on a project for work that was time consuming. I'm done, so hopefully today could just be regular work - whatever that is these days!

Our grocery delivery came and we got most of what we ordered, including the coveted TP! :p

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 04-15-20 06:14 PM

I'm working my way through the Plug & Play rotation and having fun picking which workouts to do each day. I went for a 30 minute walk yesterday morning and it was so nice to get out of the house! It was cold today so I didn't go out.

Donna, I had groceries delivered today and got everything I needed. I also got same day delivery, so maybe they hired more people or I just got lucky. I'm way too afraid to go out and shop myself. We have 7,000 cases just in my county so I'm staying home. My SIL has a relative that was just diagnosed with coronavirus and it really hit home when you know someone who has it.

Sherry, It's amazing you have accomplished so much in your house!

I'm considering taking Friday off. I just need a break from work!

I see Jessica has a new challenge out. I can't find the link right now, but she just announced it today on Facebook.