Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

Leonana 03-01-20 11:37 PM

Well, we didn't paint, so I did the Stepping Strength dvd workout. I really love the Strictly Strength dvd. It moves slower, but since the workouts are longer, I think it's even more effective. I still wish I could do some high impact, low impact never gets my heart rate up as high. However, it's still effective, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

We are supposed to paint tomorrow evening. Dh was tired, and he forecast now shows no rain. We should know better than to go by the forecast, lol.

Donna, your schedule sounds great. After February Fusion, I'm thinking about doing gentler workouts, but longer workouts, around 40-45 minutes a day. Maybe breaking them up. That seems to be the least dread for me and the most effective.

I think that's a great plan for your dd. I don't think it's bad to take longer. So many people change their minds on their careers in their 30's and 40's and start over. Maybe taking your time while younger might prevent that.

Boy, I don't even want to think about dd's college investment account! I googled tuition prices, and if she lives at home and goes to cc and the university all four years, she shouldn't have too much debt. Unless college prices skyrocket between now and then.

donnamp 03-02-20 09:07 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did Faithful Workouts - Pazaz in the Barn. It was a nice change of pace from the walking workouts and such and there is such a positive vibe to these workouts.

At some point, I may do their 14 day kickstart challenge - minus the meal plan. Meal plans stress me out. I may do the food challenges those are not too bad - it is stuff like cut down on added sugar, drink water, eat more veggies -that i can handle.

I may get some stretching in tonight and if the weather is decent a walk at work today.

Sherry - that sounds like a good plan. I like the Get Strong DVD, but I admit it has a bit of dread for me in terms of the length. And, also I'm out of practice w/ long weight workouts.... I think w/ your DD living at home and going to CC and then the local college it shouldn't be too bad.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

donnamp 03-03-20 07:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did take a walk at work and in the evening I did a practice from Trifecta - Back Mobilization (15 min). The Trifecta practice was a good one - especially after sitting all day. It is all floor work, too.

Today was:

1 Mile w/ Leslie - From Miracle Miles -for steps
Jessica Valent - Pilates for Arms & Upper Back

If the weather holds up, I will take a walk and stretch again tonight.

Rushing so be back later!

Donna

Leonana 03-03-20 04:58 PM

Yesterday was cleaning. I did some regular house cleaning, then cleaned the tops of my kitchen cabinets. The dust was pretty bad, and I spent a couple of hours. It was a good leg workout, climbing on the chair, then the countertop, then back down again. I really felt it in my hips and glutes. I also got a lot of shoulder work in. I guess that's pretty good for being 60, to be able to stand on my countertops and clean! I noticed that I was on tip toes, gripping with my toes. Those Jessica moves, where she has you stand on your toes, came in handy. It wiped me out, so I rested the rest of the day. I was tired this morning too. I'm planning on a short strength workout this evening. Today was also Goodwill Tuesday, my friend and I hit four Goodwills, so I got some steps in.

Donna, the Get Strong dvd also gives me some dread because of the length. But once I start it, it doesn't bother me. I think that it's more effective with the extra time. But if I worked outside the home, I'd have a hard time fitting it.

pgun3 03-03-20 06:17 PM

new to this check in

I thought maybe I would join a check in and I have been doing JS now for the last week and a half. I am trying to get back into working out and she is easy on my joints.

not sure if I am supposed to check in daily or whenever I do a workout. :D

Today I can't remember the name of her workout LOL it's in my basement and I did write it on my calendar I promise LOL

Leonana 03-03-20 09:18 PM

pgun3, welcome! You can check in as often as you like. I try to do every day, but sometimes forget and don’t post for a few days.

donnamp 03-04-20 06:48 AM

Hi~

This morning I did:

Jessica Valent - Low Impact HIIT 3 - basically body weight lower body exercises.

Jessica Valent - Sciatica Routine (10 min of stretching hips, hamstrings, etc.)

Welcome Pgun! Check in however you like!! :)

Wow, Sherry - that was a good deep cleaning you did!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii. I hope you are feeling better.

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 03-04-20 09:57 AM

I'm feeling back to normal now, thank goodness. I'm off today to stay with my niece, but she's at school now so I'm just about to run a few errands before I have to pick her up this afternoon. Then I have to give her dinner and drive her to cheerleading practice. I don't know how parents do all this, LOL!

I haven't returned to working out yet, but I probably will later this week and just start out with the 'under the weather' workout and take it from there. It's very windy here today but if that improves then I'll go for a walk later.

About Get Strong, I really like that workout. The length doesn't bother me, but the length of the Stepping Strength DVD workout is too long and I have trouble finding the time, so I usually do the youtube version.

Later!

pgun3 03-04-20 05:54 PM

Thank you Sherry and Donna! If Sherry would like to come to clean my house that would be great! LOL

For my wo today I did JS PPP LOL again I can't remember the name. It's Pyramid something...

Leonana 03-04-20 06:34 PM

I didn't fit in a workout yesterday, but I strung together three You Tube workouts. The Back Friendly Strength, Good Resistance Training for Bad Backs, and Best Thigh Exercises for Bad Knees.

I thought my Tai Chi class was going to be watching a demonstration, so I worked out beforehand. But we did most of our regular class, and the demo was only 15 minutes. So, I got in a pretty good workout today.

Donna, I was wiped out for two days by all that cleaning!

wishiwasinhawaii, I don't know how working parents do it either. Hats off to Donna! I homeschooled and didn't work outside the home, and that about killed me, lol. We were busy with a lot of outside activities, so she could have socialization.

pgun, lol! I haven't been cleaning my own house too well lately, so decided to get it in gear. I have a hard time remembering Jessica's workouts, there are so many! I have to check the history on You Tube before I post, and guess on the title if it's a dvd. I post on my PC which is on the other side of the house where I workout and keep my dvd's.