Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dream Body Opinions & Questions etc (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=192624)

isebelleg44 05-08-13 08:23 PM

Dream Body Opinions & Questions etc

I thought I would start a new thread, since so many of us took advantage of the sale this past weekend. I received mine today and am tempted to try one tomorrow. Not sure if I will since I have my workouts planned for the rest of the week, but we shall see.

Please share your thoughts on this set!:)

Usia 05-08-13 08:30 PM

Thank you very much for starting this thread. I'll be very curious to read the comments from those that took advantage of this sale.

Poodlepants 05-08-13 08:50 PM

Just some really quick thoughts.

I have done Bikini Boot Camp and perhaps I am not the best person to write about it, since I am in PT for a torn trap. (I can do anything but overhead weighted work and downward facing dog.) It does move, but there is no special award for keeping up with them. Form is more important than speed. I did not preview and I usually do, so I felt a little behind at times. I like to be prepared. I did not hold the 2# weights, because I did not know what to expect and because of my shoulder. I feel like I will get better in time.

I like that you are not repped to death. (This is why I can't do Tonique even though I love Sylvia.) I really liked the toning segment at the end--again, you're not doing 673 reps. The cardio component is typical kick boxing moves, but it kept me engaged.

You will not like this if you don't like non-stop talking in Denise Austin-type voices. The music is very quiet and used for back ground, it doesn't drive the workout. I do wish the warm up/cool down were a touch longer.

Like I said, it moves, but you don't have to move at lightning speed. Make it your own. :)

isebelleg44 05-09-13 07:41 AM

Bump:)

Rhonda 05-09-13 07:42 AM

I pulled out Tabata and Toning as it was the shortest.

I enjoyed it and not sure how they get up and down so quickly. I as a rep or two behind but that is OK, gives me something to build up to.

My shoulders were burning so I would just put my arms down to give my shoulders a break as we were working legs.

Can't wait to try the other workouts.

Rhonda

altinker 05-09-13 08:24 AM

I am not an advanced exerciser, but I aspire to be. I have the original dream body workout, and I got through about 12 minutes of that. I didn't like the bubbles, and I wasn't sure I was doing the form right.

I tried the first dvd last night, but I haven't been working out consistently. They move a little fast for me, so I wasn't sure I was doing the set up right and getting the form right. I stopped about 10 minutes into it.

I think I'll have to work up to these.

momofcha 05-09-13 08:49 AM

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I pulled out P57 today for the first time since getting this set - granted, it was only the 30 min express one - but it was, dare I say it, easy for me? The one remarkable change I have noticed with using this set is my legs. I have always been prone to what I term 'speed skater thighs' in that they are strong, but thick. Not a lot of definition. I :love: my legs right now. So much that at 43 years old I bought myself a pair of 5" inseam shorts! :eek: I will be wearing them proudly.

For those of you in the facebook group - I posted my pic there. :)

I'm glad so many of you caved on this great price, I am :love: this set and what it's doing for my legs and my mind - I feel great!

buttons11 05-09-13 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammy902 (Post 2227404)
The one remarkable change I have noticed with using this set is my legs. I have always been prone to what I term 'speed skater thighs' in that they are strong, but thick. Not a lot of definition. I :love: my legs right now. So much that at 43 years old I bought myself a pair of 5" inseam shorts! :eek: I will be wearing them proudly.

For those of you in the facebook group - I posted my pic there. :)

I'm glad so many of you caved on this great price, I am :love: this set and what it's doing for my legs and my mind - I feel great!

shammy I know what you mean...I'm not necessarily adverse to the look but I thought this set may work my muscles differently, more of the smaller supporting muscle to provide a more well rounded kind of strength. Your pic is great...Rockin those shorts:music:

TinaS 05-09-13 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poodlepants (Post 2227245)
I have done Bikini Boot Camp and perhaps I am not the best person to write about it, since I am in PT for a torn trap. (I can do anything but overhead weighted work and downward facing dog.) It does move, but there is no special award for keeping up with them. Form is more important than speed. I did not preview and I usually do, so I felt a little behind at times. I like to be prepared. I did not hold the 2# weights, because I did not know what to expect and because of my shoulder. I feel like I will get better in time.

I like that you are not repped to death. (This is why I can't do Tonique even though I love Sylvia.) I really liked the toning segment at the end--again, you're not doing 673 reps. The cardio component is typical kick boxing moves, but it kept me engaged.

You will not like this if you don't like non-stop talking in Denise Austin-type voices. The music is very quiet and used for back ground, it doesn't drive the workout. I do wish the warm up/cool down were a touch longer.

Like I said, it moves, but you don't have to move at lightning speed. Make it your own. :)

+1 on the Denise Austin comment!

momofcha 05-09-13 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaS (Post 2227422)
+1 on the Denise Austin comment!

The leader of the Bikini Bootcamp DVD even sounds like Denise Austin :)