Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off-Topic Has anyone successfully decreased cholesterol with exercise? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229704)

pharma_gal 10-27-20 06:43 AM

Has anyone successfully decreased cholesterol with exercise?

My recent blood test shows elevated LDL and total cholesterol. The doctor knows I workout and eat right so she wants to start me on medicine right away. I really don’t want to get started on a statin. I’m wondering what else I could do in order to get the numbers down. Does cardio work better than weight training? Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Diana3271 10-27-20 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharma_gal (Post 2895769)
My recent blood test shows elevated LDL and total cholesterol. The doctor knows I workout and eat right so she wants to start me on medicine right away. I really don’t want to get started on a statin. I’m wondering what else I could do in order to get the numbers down. Does cardio work better than weight training? Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Not with exercise, but I was able to get it down to a normal range without medication. I can share in a PM.

bubbles76 10-27-20 09:13 AM

Diana could you PM me to? My numbers are slightly above normal but keep increasing. My doctor isn't concerned but I am. Given my diet and exercise, I don't know what else I can do outside of statins.

fanofladyvols 10-27-20 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 2895805)
Not with exercise, but I was able to get it down to a normal range without medication. I can share in a PM.

Love to hear something....Sent you a pm

LoveVA 10-27-20 09:39 AM

I lowered my cholesterol with diet, not exercise. No medication.

Diana3271 10-27-20 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2895810)
Diana could you PM me to? My numbers are slightly above normal but keep increasing. My doctor isn't concerned but I am. Given my diet and exercise, I don't know what else I can do outside of statins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2895815)
Love to hear something....Sent you a pm

Replied to both.

pharma_gal 10-27-20 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 2895805)

I would love to know. Please pm me. Thank you.

Diana3271 10-27-20 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharma_gal (Post 2895825)
I would love to know. Please pm me. Thank you.

Responded

Izzy 10-27-20 11:22 AM

My dad. He walked daily and sometimes twice a day. His weight was 165, same as when in high school. His cholesterol started to climb a little in his late 70's so his doctor put him on meds. His diet was very good, very healthy. He hated that he was on meds so he started adding senior weight workouts (this was back when Collage was in business. I suggested he look for a senior workout on there and he found two he loved). These were low weight 5-8#'s with some non impact aerobics. I do not remember the same. After two months his cholesterol was back down below what he was normal before it climbed. He went off the meds. He was thrilled and lost 5#'s he didn't need to lose. He said it was all due to those senior workouts.

jusca 10-27-20 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 2895823)
Replied to both.

Hi Diana,

Would you kindly pm me this helpful information? Thanks so much!