Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What fitness routine changed your body? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=221046)

Mickey12 09-24-17 06:40 PM

Kickboxing with a heavy bag really changed my body the most. On the plus side it gave me a great butt and legs and I think I lost some weight. On the negative it gave me a broad back which people say is good for making your waist look smaller, but for me it wasn't a great look.

Kim

marki64 09-24-17 09:00 PM

Like Dabba, incorporating more walking with my regular workouts. Also, cutting out a lot of bread and limiting dairy.

Coastal Girl 09-24-17 11:09 PM

Tracy Anderson and Pilates by Lisa

desie 09-25-17 07:45 AM

Okay, Tracy Anderson. I don't think I gained any muscle, I think I might have lost a little muscle and gained fat actually. But everything showed up on my body: higher fatter chest, tiny waist, smaller arms and legs, high butt. It's the only time I noticed that I looked different from exercise choices. I'm a meso.

ealakey 09-25-17 08:31 AM

I'm more of an ecto, even though I am small framed. Cathe STS make the biggest changes, followed by Chalean Extreme. With Cathe I had to eat a lot more to stop losing weight. I did the program as written out with only a walk here or there for cardio.

~Beth

Sharaz 09-25-17 10:10 AM

Increased muscle growth

Lifting for 5 years - I competed in sports before college but without weight training. In college I trained professionally for my sport. Periodization was used year around. Mostly weight training consisted in powerlifting and Olympic lifts. There was no isolation work. Lets say I was “bulking” for 5 years in bodybuilding terms. I needed to eat more to become stronger. I cut fat after finishing college and retired from the sport. I compare my high school frame and my actual frame and there are is a difference in terms of muscle mass. I am 2 sizes smaller and weight 30 more pounds approximately. All naturally! All the food I was eating helped me to gain muscle.

My legs and glutes muscles grew nicely during this period. I built muscle in my upper too but at a lesser degree. Then I focused more in bodybuilding style with more aesthetics focus.

I am very pleased with my physique and more concerned with maintaining strength, muscle and loosing BF as necessary. There is no too much to change aesthetically speaking, but I have done some workouts programs with great results. I followed many routines from bodybuilding.com that I have forgotten. I don’t keep a written journal of the programs I follow.

Recent programs with positive results…

Body Beast 90 days
Pumped - Shaped my back and shoulders in a positive matter

Erin Stern Fitness 360: Action Figure 30 days
Pumped

EBE2 42 days
Leanness

Ashley Horner – Magnify You 90 days
Pumped

donnamp 09-25-17 10:32 AM

I love threads like this b/c it really helps me to sit and think about what works for me.

In general, I think I do really well w/ steady state cardio (step, low impact, biking, walking, etc.)- in my youth, I ran, so I just wonder if my body is not just "conditioned" for this type of exercise and just thrives on it. In conjunction w/ steady state cardio doing higher rep/lower resistance strength training works best for me. And, for general feel good and function - yoga, Pilates, CS/Essentrics.

If I do a lot of heavy weight training, I think I puff up too much. I also don't love doing it. Too much HIIT has the same effect.

I did get good results from that X-Factor Body Weight workout series that was out a few years ago. I made it through the whole rotation and had nice results! I guess b/c it was more endurance based, higher rep, lower resistance!

Donna

p.s. body type wise I'm somewhere between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph - I'm not as lithe as a traditional ecto, but I'm not as muscular as a traditional meso!

edited to add - I looked up the best exercises for body types and I'm doing the 'wrong' exercises, but I'm not going to listen, I'm going to stick with what I enjoy and what makes me feel good!

fuzzie 09-25-17 10:50 AM

I love reading this kind of thread!

Many routines have changed my body, but not always in the direction I was looking for. For instance, I did Cathe-type workouts for a few years and it made me stronger but sort of stiff with no muscle definition.

Barre workouts worked beautifully for a few years, making the most changes in my butt.

The most dramatic changes came from Tracy Anderson's Continuity (Omni). For two years I did the "muscle structure" 4-5 times a week combined with various light "fusion" workouts (Kari Anderson, Jennifer Galardi, etc.) and I got super lean and defined all over.

MomOf2Gremlins 09-25-17 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzie (Post 2734820)
The most dramatic changes came from Tracy Anderson's Continuity (Omni). For two years I did the "muscle structure" 4-5 times a week combined with various light "fusion" workouts (Kari Anderson, Jennifer Galardi, etc.) and I got super lean and defined all over.

Stop tempting me with TA, Fuzzie! :D
(I just don't think I could do 2 years the same routine 4-5x/week!!! Kudos!!!)

mandie123 09-25-17 11:16 AM

I also saw the most changes with tracy A, a few years ago,unfortunately it caused major hip pain after a while. Suzanne bowen gave me great arms!