Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pilates Cross-Trainers: March Check-In! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227985)

furmomof6 03-01-20 03:43 PM

Pilates Cross-Trainers: March Check-In!

Hello,

Faithful Workouts: Stretch & Strengthen w/the Hymns

I decided for now to follow the Faithful Workouts calendar for March, subbing in other workouts if nothing appeals to me on any particular day. I do plan to do Robin's challenge starting on the 9th though.

Carol, you didn't discourage me! I did see she has a free trial, so I may try that at some point. Thanks!

Dana, sorry your e-Pilates workouts were freezing up this morning.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Usia 03-01-20 03:49 PM

Thanks for starting March thread, Christine! I completely forgot it's already March although I should've remembered it. It's my dh and my anniversary tomorrow and I remembered that. :)

fanofladyvols 03-01-20 06:54 PM

Christine I think you have a good plan with some flexibility.

Dana Happy Anniversary!

Donna I understand wanting to address stamina but I hope you don't try to do too much too soon. I know intend to injured myself if I do that. I am reading this book on exercise and he makes a strong case for spending ample time on conditioning your body before asking it to adapt to change.

Carol I appreciate all your Ellen DVD mini reviews. They are helping me figure out how I will use them later.

Actually if any of you do a mini review I have been taking notes so I know where they will fit in a rotation later. So thanks! :)

Yesterday was yoga day. I did the Week 3 Balance workout and the week 2 Saturday Relax workout. It had stretching for the first 20 minutes at a relaxed pace and then a more meditative feel for the last 6 minutes.

I'm not sure if I'll do anything later. Today feels like a true full rest day. Will update later if I do a formal workout.

Waves to Cheri and Brenda!

donnamp 03-01-20 07:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

Busy day today - I did Ellen's Grace and Gusto this morning. I also walked w/ y DD this afternoon.

Christine - that sounds like a good plan - and I looked at the FW app today....

Linda - yes, you are right about building up slowly. I also do tend to injure myself if I go all in w/out building up to it.

Happy Anniversary, Dana.

So....I think for March I'm going to loosely follow Jessica Valent's calendar/plan. I may sub out some of her workouts for something else if the mood strikes, but, I like the way she sets up her workout week. It is like this:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - steady state cardio
Tuesday arms & more
Wed HIIT
Thurs - active rest
Friday -legs & more
Sat - steady state cardio

I'm going to generally follow that for this month. I may use her workouts or I may mix in some from Trifecta and Robin.

My tweaks for her template are:

Sunday - Fusion - Yoga - Pilates
Monday - Steady State & stretch
Tuesday - Short cardio/walk & arms
Wed - HIIT & stretch
Thursday - Fusion - Yoga - Pilates
Friday - Short cardio/walk & legs
Sat - Steady state & Stretch

Hope everyone has a good evening. Where did the weekend go?

Donna

donnamp 03-02-20 06:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did Faithful Workouts - Pazaz in the Barn. It was a nice change of pace from the walking workouts and such and there is such a positive vibe to these workouts.

At some point, I may do their 14 day kickstart challenge - minus the meal plan. Meal plans stress me out. I may do the food challenges those are not too bad - it is stuff like cut down on added sugar, drink water, eat more veggies -that i can handle.

I may get some stretching in tonight and if the weather is decent a walk at work today.

Happy Monday.....

Donna

txhsmom 03-02-20 07:09 AM

Sunday's workout was

10 Minute Solution - Slim & Sculpt Pilates: Lower Body, Upper Body & Pilates for Flexibility - 30 minutes

Suzanne Bowen led this DVD. It was good, but I would say that it moved a little too quickly for me. I would have to do this one regularly to be able to know what tension I needed on the band - I generally missed a few reps of each exercise trying to figure out where to hold the band.

Donna - That sounds like a good plan! It gives you plenty of flexibility to use whatever workouts you want to use. I think I will stick with Ellen (until i get bored) and Pilates Nest for March. I am going to increase the amount of pilates I do - I'm going to try to do the scheduled 30 minute workout 3 times a week and add on the shorter ones on the other days. Only if I have time, I'll add on a weighted strength workout.

Linda - Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Dana - Happy Anniversary! It's also my doggie's Birthday and Texas Independence Day! I will see lots of little kids dressed in cowboy gear today at School.

Christine - Sounds like you have a good plan as well for March!

Waves to Cheri & Brenda!

Carol

furmomof6 03-02-20 02:55 PM

Hello, everyone!

Shaped by Faith: 20 Minute Mat

Technically this one is only 14 minutes, and then Theresa has one of her students share their story while they do wood choppers. I skip that part and stretch. :) DH and I are going to walk the dog when he gets home too. It's so nice out today! :sun:

Donna, meal plans stress me out too, but I agree that the challenges are easier to follow. I'm glad you enjoyed Pazaz today! I really do like the vibes and encouragement of Theresa and Michelle. I think I'm going to really like this plan for March.

Dana, Happy Anniversary! :music:

Carol, your plan sounds good too! I'm going to make sure I get in a decent amount of Pilates per week as well. I just feel the best when I do it. The one you did today sounded good, I'm sorry it moved fast though. I don't like when you miss the next move because there's not enough time for set up.

Waves to Linda, Cheri & Brenda!

cherimac 03-02-20 06:47 PM

Thanks for starting us out, Christine.

Today was PN Pilates for Hands and Heart.

fanofladyvols 03-02-20 08:46 PM

Carol that is one of the few 10 MS DVDs that I purged for that very reason. And I really love Suzanne in other 10 MS ..but not that one.
And thanks, I did enjoy my rest day. :D I went back and looked at my schedule and it was time for one.

Christine that's great that your hubs walks with you. That sounds nice. :sun:

Cheri I hope your workouts with your hubs are going well.

Donna I love the tweaks you made to the rotation.

I did a little digging on Ellen to remind myself why I may have not bought any workouts since the crunch releases. I somehow missed the whole skinny drama so who knows why I never bought these newer releases. I will probably mix Ellen with Tracie after I finish this strength rotation.

Today was Cathe's Pure strength bis and tris and the 100 rep bi and tri challenges from Xtrain. I will do some pilates from one of my 10 MS DVDs later.

Have a Happy Tuesday everyone!

txhsmom 03-02-20 09:49 PM

Linda Oh yes, Ellen and the S word! Quite the drama here on VF. I get amused by folks who get so upset over stuff like this. It's not worth it - just take what you can use and leave the rest ... We'll never agree 100% with folks.

Carol