Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Suspension Trainers (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=224944)

cjayd 01-09-19 01:26 AM

I have a power cage which is heavy enough to not topple over. My JG is hanging from that. That probably won’t work for everyone if you don’t have enough room. I’ve never tried it on a door. Whatever you put it on make sure it can support you weight at different angles. A ceiling support is ideal if you can find the studs to screw into.

suegy3 01-10-19 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorajc (Post 2805754)
Not to be Debbie Downer....but be safe and careful! Mine came out of the door and I flles across the room and landed on my wrist resulting in a Colles fracture (bad -- splintered and jand jammed into a V)I unfamiliar with it. Now I have plate and screws. Haven't used it since.... But I just got it out to use....but I'll be super careful !!!!
We

That’s awful! I’m so sorry! What trainer did you have?

suegy3 01-10-19 09:21 PM

So I bought the Jungle Gym. It got goood reviews and was inexpensive. I just got it today and it’s very well made. It feels more substantial than the trx I tried at the gym. And I love the handles and the foot cradles.

bzar 01-10-19 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorajc (Post 2805754)
Not to be Debbie Downer....but be safe and careful! Mine came out of the door and I flles across the room and landed on my wrist resulting in a Colles fracture (bad -- splintered and jand jammed into a V)I unfamiliar with it. Now I have plate and screws. Haven't used it since.... But I just got it out to use....but I'll be super careful !!!!
We

what brand and model did you have?

suegy3 01-13-19 06:49 PM

BTW...TRX has 25% off of bundles and $30 off trainers.

lreidgreen 01-13-19 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suegy3 (Post 2806116)
So I bought the Jungle Gym. It got goood reviews and was inexpensive. I just got it today and it’s very well made. It feels more substantial than the trx I tried at the gym. And I love the handles and the foot cradles.

I wish my husband got me the JG instead of the TRX. I use the JG at the gym and frankly don’t think the TRX is worth the extra$.
Enjoy your new toy.

suegy3 01-15-19 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lreidgreen (Post 2806662)
I wish my husband got me the JG instead of the TRX. I use the JG at the gym and frankly don’t think the TRX is worth the extra$.
Enjoy your new toy.

Thanks! It’s really sturdy! And much cheaper

buffmama 10-22-19 10:22 AM

I'm in the market for a suspension trainer and looking at the intent sports on amazon for $45. There are cheaper and definitely more expensive ones. Does anyone have any experience with this one or things I should be considering? I will use it door mounted and on my pull up bar. Thanks.