Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

wishiwasinhawaii 06-23-20 07:31 AM

Day 29 on the SOS schedule has two tough workouts, which seems strange, so I did the lower body on Sunday and upper body yesterday. I really wasn't in a workout mood yesterday and felt wilted due to the heat and humidity, so I used 5 lbs just so I could get through it. Better than nothing. I also skipped a lot of the floor ab work.

Today I did the 25 minute stretch. I've had to abandon my morning walks outside because it's too hot, so I just walk indoors instead.

Hope everyone has a good day!

donnamp 06-23-20 07:45 AM

wishiwasinhawaii - we're having the same weather here, yuck! Summer of Strength may be my next rotation...I can't decide what I want to do after Calm & Strong.....

I was thinking about a 3 week Gilad rotation, but the workouts are on the longer side - close to an hour...and I'm not sure I have that much attention span, but I would like to do it while still working from home....since it is a bit easier to get those long workouts in now.

I don't think we are going back until after Labor Day - assuming everything stays the same w/ the virus. MD's case count is down and the positivity rate is around 5%, which I understand to be good. But, I think the first round of employees to go back are those that can't do their jobs remotely. I'm hoping that when we do go back it is with more work at home! I'd be thrilled to work from home 2-3 days per week.

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 06-23-20 11:30 AM

Donna, I'm in the final week of SOS and I'm trying to decide what to do next. I might do Calm & Strong again! I don't have the patience or attention span for any workout over 40 minutes or so, so Gilad wouldn't work for me, LOL. Plus, when it's this hot, I don't have the energy either.

My nephew's virtual graduation is tonight. They are actually having an in-person ceremony for the kids in July, so I'm not exactly sure what tonight's event will be, but no one is permitted to attend the July event due to COVID. The senior class by itself has more than 400 kids, so I guess having parents there would be too many people, even though it's outdoors.

My job hasn't said anything about going back to the office, but there is an "All Hands" meeting in mid-July where I assume an announcement will be made. My boss told me there will be a survey sent around and those who want to return to the office will go back first, but I don't know when that will be. I'm guessing after Labor Day. I feel the same way you do...I hope it will be more days working from home than what I had before, but I'm really hoping I don't have to go back at all the rest of this year. The experts say there will be a spike in cases in the fall so I'd rather stay home as long as possible. I just don't see any reason to sit in a stuffy office with a mask on all day when I can do my job just as well from home.

Leonana 06-23-20 05:17 PM

I did the Power Up Walk from the 15 minutes Walk On dvd. I'm going to do another one this evening.

Well, the President is visiting our state, so we're in the news more than before. Not as if we weren't already with our higher numbers. Yesterday was the highest amount of cases, and our hospitals are 85% full. The President is having a rally at a church with 3,000 seating. I don't think the Phoenix mayor is too happy about that. Can't say I blame her.

Donna, I think breaking up my workouts help a bit. I've been in a real slump too. Oppressed is a good word. I feel a deep sadness if I sit around too much, I think it's depression from being cut off from people. I feel much better if I keep busy. I did go to the grocery store today, so that helped to get out. DH is off early today, that helps too. I think working for the Census will help, but it sounds like that won't happen until August.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope you get to work from home much longer. That's nice your nephew can have a virtual graduation and an in person one later. I hope it goes well for him.

donnamp 06-24-20 08:08 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Smith - Tred and Shred from the 21 Day Program. I hadn't done this one in a long time - I used 5's for the workout and that was enough especially since you hold them the entire time.

I also added on Jessica Valent -All in One Pilates workout

Last night my DD drove herself to the barn alone for the first time! EEK! It isn't far away, but I was still nervous. On the bright side, it freed me up to get some extra steps - Jenny Ford - March Across America Idaho. I have one more left to do, Arizona!

Sherry - yes, I know exactly what you mean....I keep telling myself it will get better, and I'm sure it will. Just have to ride it out.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

Leonana 06-24-20 09:43 PM

Yesterday evening I did another walk from the 15 minute dvd, Dance Walk. That was a fun one, easy enough to follow. Although, there were a lot of overhead arm moves, which made today's workout a bit harder. I chose the You Tube workout, 20 Minute Cardio Sculpting. The only problem is that I like to use 5 pounds overhead, and 8 pounds for leg and bicep work. But sometimes Jessica' combines them in one set and I don't have time to switch. I had to sub a couple of on the floor ab moves for standing abs. Other than that, it was a good workout.

I had my dental appointment today, and it went well. They did a great job, and my new crown doesn't hurt at all. It helps that I had it replaced before it started bothering me. However, the cleaning aggravated the older crown. Fortunately, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I'm sure of these days it will heal up completely, but it's a slow process. But I'm happy to find a dentist's office that I like.

Donna, I remember those anxious driving days! Now that my dd is 19, I never think about it. It does free up your time.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!

donnamp 06-25-20 07:45 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I walked the dogs briefly in the evening. She has to log 5 hours of driving w/ this app sent by my insurance company - it supposedly gets us a new driver discount. So I also went for a ride w/ her..she got a 90% - so I guess that means she is a safe driver, LOL!

She is going to drive herself to the barn again tonight by herself. So....I'll have to do my deep breathing exercises, LOL!

This morning was:

Jessica Valent - Pilates HIIT - I decided to try this and it wasn't awful. It was an 8 -9 min workout that she suggests repeating 3X. I did it 2X, so that shows you it wasn't awful. I really like Jessica V.

Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Fix - Yoga for Strength & Flexiblity

Sherry - I like that Dance walk - those are good workouts. I've pulled a few out lately. Glad you found a good dentist. I think I'm supposed to go at the end of August. Hopefully we won't be in the second or third wave at that time....

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

Leonana 06-25-20 10:53 PM

Today was 18 Minute Dynamic Stretch and I added in the 1 Mile Walk from WS3.

Donna, that's great your dd got a 99%. Sounds like she is a safe driver.

donnamp 06-26-20 10:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica's Core Control from WS 2.0
Jessica Valent - Pilates for Legs.

My DD drove to the barn again last night so I had time to get my steps in - Jenny Ford - March Across America - Arizona (Monument Valley).

Good work, Sherry! I decided to go back to Cerave and see if the acne cleanser and retinol do me any good, LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - how was your nephew's graduation? I wonder what next year is going to look like. what are his college plans?

waves,

Donna

Leonana 06-26-20 05:32 PM

Today was You Tube, 30 Minute Travel Friendly Cardio and Strength. I chose it because it was low impact, and it used the band. I do enjoy band workouts. Jessica also used a towel for sliding. I used the Gold's Gym sliders I bought from Walmart, but I can't keep my feet on them while on carpet. I wonder if paper plates would work better. I'll have to try it. I like sliding, it really gets my heart rate up, which I miss, not being able to do high impact.

Donna, I decided to switch back too, ha ha. I ordered Retin A from India again. I like some things about Curology, but I noticed my fine lines are getting worse. I think the tretinoin strength is too low. Also, I have three bottles of it currently. They send me one every month, but I don't use it up in a month. I know they want their $24.95 per month, but I don't like having two extra bottles. I think I'll cancel soon. I don't know when I'll get the tretinoin from India, because of COVID, it will take longer. I also ordered some Good Molecules Niacinimide. I'm supposed to get that on June 30.